Brian Stann injured, out of UFC on FOX 4 headliner with Hector Lombard

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Brian Stann injured, out of UFC on FOX 4 headliner with Hector Lombard
grappler0000
6/6/12 2:47:11PM
August's UFC on FOX 4 event needs a new headliner.

Middleweight Brian Stann (12-4 MMA, 6-3 UFC) is out of his scheduled five-round middleweight headliner with promotional newcomer Hector Lombard (31-2-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) due to an injury.

A source close to the event today confirmed the scratch with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), though the UFC has made no official announcement.

UFC on FOX 4 takes place Aug. 4 at Staples Center in Los Angeles. The event's main card airs live on FOX while prelims go to FUEL TV and Facebook.

It was not immediately clear if Lombard, the reigning Bellator middleweight champion and a recent UFC import, will remain on the card and in the night's network-televised main event...

Link
DrivenDavies15
6/6/12 2:51:29PM
Ya beat me to it! Hopefully they find a good replacement for Lombard like Belcher or Franklin/Silva winner, and hopefully they'll promote Bader vs Machida to headliner.
Twenty20Dollars
6/6/12 3:00:03PM
Belcher is also on the shelf.

There is no stopping the injury bug.
prophecy033
6/6/12 3:01:35PM
Really? Come on.....
MMAcca
6/6/12 3:21:20PM
Ba****d!
FastKnockout
6/6/12 3:23:15PM
These upcoming events are taking a lot of major hits.
Boo_Radley21
6/6/12 3:43:51PM
Hector Lombard needs an opponent!!! Bring in Tuco Salamanca!!!!
Twenty20Dollars
6/6/12 3:47:13PM
Move Cung Le back to face Lombard and give Cote someone else

Then change the headliner of UFC on FOX 4, some thought it should be different anyways.

Maybe move Bisping in.

Boetsch vs Le or Cote, or find one of these two a different opponent.

Munoz, get Weidman a different fight.

Or scrap lombard from the card and move him back.
Chael_Sonnen
6/6/12 3:57:01PM
Hector lucked out.....Stann would've sent him packing back to Cuba! Hector would've been sleeping with the fishes along side Tony Montana.
pmoney
6/6/12 3:57:26PM
icantthinkofanything
6/6/12 4:37:29PM
Michael Bisping, and Mark Munoz........................ this is a potential big fight, step up and steal the hype train, before it passes. beating boetch or Serra's student(the name is not coming to me atm ) will not get a title shot, the winner's will be nuber one contender, but now that Stann is out, Lombard is the most high profile challenge for Silva and beating Lombard will make Munoz or Bisping a bit more exciting as title contender. In my opinion Silva is gonna retire soon, if not right after his next fight. I would love to see who's better Jon Jones or Silva, but they are friends now(?).
Bubbles
6/6/12 4:55:28PM
bring in Jacare and showcase 2 of the best MW's that havent fought in the Octagon yet
meier
6/6/12 5:39:47PM
Elvis Sinosic!
prophecy033
6/6/12 5:41:24PM

Posted by pmoney

Caveman? I thought that was Gene Simmons
Wolfenstein
6/6/12 5:51:43PM
There's really noone at MW for him. I think the best option is Josh Koschek. He's talked about moving to MW if there's a big fight, and I think this fits that category.
BossHog
6/6/12 6:09:09PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

There's really noone at MW for him. I think the best option is Josh Koschek. He's talked about moving to MW if there's a big fight, and I think this fits that category.

After his fight with Hendricks I don't think Kos wants a piece of Lombard.
frizzzlecake
6/6/12 6:21:13PM
Loot613
6/6/12 8:00:01PM
The UFC should put him in against a very good unknown. They would illegitamize Bellator while giving one of their prospects a bump. I think who the other poster couldn't remember the name of Serra's student. Constantinous Philipou I think it is, he just beat Crusher McGee
prozacnation1978
6/6/12 11:09:06PM
Main event is now shogun vs beta
Feel bad for Calgary fans who lost their co main event.

Ufc needs to add a co main event.

Put lombard vs palhares or something
KungFuMaster
6/7/12 12:54:59AM
Another good fight lost.