Brett Rogers Wants Alistair Overeem To Defend The Strikeforce Belt-Or Surrender It

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Brett Rogers Wants Alistair Overeem To Defend The Strikeforce Belt-Or Surrender It
DCRage
9/30/09 12:45:55PM
Perhaps echoing the opinion of quite a few people, Brett Rogers said on Monday's edition of Pro MMA Radio that either Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion Alistair Overeem should defend the belt soon and quite making excuses or just give it up. Rogers goes on about how Overeem is always complaining about something and also thinks Overeem is ducking "The Grim".

Article
ultimateweapon
9/30/09 1:05:41PM
i have a life

8==D
Rush
9/30/09 2:19:11PM
Maybe he should worry about his fight with Fedor.
jae_1833
9/30/09 3:07:30PM
and let Fedor worry about his new belt!
Rush
9/30/09 3:09:10PM

Posted by jae_1833

and let Fedor worry about his new belt!

HumanTarget
9/30/09 4:50:29PM
Looking past fights causes trouble.
whhh88
10/1/09 12:32:38AM
Heh. I think you're missing the point; Overeem is likely not going to fight in Strikeforce for a long time - Rogers is trying to call him out on it and might even be able to put enough pressure on Strikeforce / Coker to strip Overeem of his belt.

Therefor creating a title fight between Rogers / Fedor which in the very least means more sponsorship dough.
NeaRMisS
10/1/09 6:26:23AM

Posted by whhh88

Heh. I think you're missing the point; Overeem is likely not going to fight in Strikeforce for a long time - Rogers is trying to call him out on it and might even be able to put enough pressure on Strikeforce / Coker to strip Overeem of his belt.

Therefor creating a title fight between Rogers / Fedor which in the very least means more sponsorship dough.

Ya, I agree. I think he's doing it for the sake of making the fight between fedor a title fight.
Rush
10/1/09 7:47:16AM
IF (and a big if) Rogers beats Fedor, the fact that he won the fight will be more important to his career than the Strikeforce title.
jae_1833
10/1/09 2:13:06PM
Defeating Fedor is bigger than the SF Title, Senguko Title, Dream Title, ect.... You defeat Fedor and you've got yourself a war going on in between every fight org in the world for your contract.