Brett Rogers sentenced to 60 days in jail for assault

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Brett Rogers sentenced to 60 days in jail for assault
BuffaloDave
11/30/11 3:16:46PM
Former Strikeforce heavyweight Brett Rogers was sentenced to 60 days in jail for a domestic-assault incident with his wife in June, according to a report today in the "St. Paul Pioneer Press."

Rogers in September pleaded guilty to a single count of felony third-degree assault. Two felony counts of domestic assault by strangulation and stalking were dismissed, as was a gross misdemeanor charge of endangering a child.

LINK
airkerma
11/30/11 6:51:57PM
KungFuMaster
11/30/11 7:20:46PM
I have no insight on this case but I would not be surprised if Rogers was merely defending himself.

I had a relative who defended himself from his abusive spouse and he ended up spending a few weeks in jail. Often times, in-fact the majority of the time, the prosecutor makes threats to the defendant and literally forces him or her to plead guilty for a lesser crime and punishment (plea bargain).

NE-1
11/30/11 7:39:00PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I have no insight on this case but I would not be surprised if Rogers was merely defending himself.

I had a relative who defended himself from his abusive spouse and he ended up spending a few weeks in jail. Often times, in-fact the majority of the time, the prosecutor makes threats to the defendant and literally forces him or her to plead guilty for a lesser crime and punishment (plea bargain).

If my memory serves me correctly, the police report states that a neighbor "saw him walk outside after his wife, punch her in the face, and then stand over her repeatedly punching her in the face while she lay on the ground".

Soooo, i don't think that's the case. I am also pretty sure that when the police arrived they stated she had a tooth or two knocked out.......

On a separate note, Rogers is a turd that won't flush.
Chael_Sonnen
11/30/11 9:01:37PM
Rogers is a P.O.S.

I hate wife beaters......Have fun working at the Tire Factory son.
Twenty20Dollars
11/30/11 9:54:33PM
"Fighter jailed for punching wife"

Under the little sports column on msn.

Just what MMA doesn't need. Idk the full story. But I hate to hear about this stuff, b/c it is personal and second it doesn't have much to do with the sport itself rather than just the person.

I want to see stuff about things going on in the sports, not this personal stuff. Similar to Lawerance Taylor's situation.
KungFuMaster
11/30/11 10:40:18PM

Posted by NE-1

Posted by KungFuMaster

If my memory serves me correctly, the police report states that a neighbor "saw him walk outside after his wife, punch her in the face, and then stand over her repeatedly punching her in the face while she lay on the ground".

Soooo, i don't think that's the case. I am also pretty sure that when the police arrived they stated she had a tooth or two knocked out.......

On a separate note, Rogers is a turd that won't flush.

In that case, I hope he drops his soap.
Geoffo
11/30/11 11:34:13PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

"Fighter jailed for punching wife"

Under the little sports column on msn.

Just what MMA doesn't need. Idk the full story. But I hate to hear about this stuff, b/c it is personal and second it doesn't have much to do with the sport itself rather than just the person.

I want to see stuff about things going on in the sports, not this personal stuff. Similar to Lawerance Taylor's situation.

Very well said, this does not need to go under MMA column. Those ignorant fools who don't know anything about MMA will start talking shit