Brett Rogers planning to lay on top of Fabricio Werdum and Alistair Overeem

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Brett Rogers planning to lay on top of Fabricio Werdum and Alistair Overeem
MMAcca
4/27/09 1:51:50PM
"All I know is (Werdum) loves to stay on the ground. He’ll stand up and try to pretend like he want(s) to fight. As soon as someone hit him- light- he’s gonna want to take you down … If I know for a fact that’s his "A" game down there, I’m not going to want to stay down there and play with him. And I consider myself a ‘C’ if anything on the ground … But I would go down there and lay on top of him. I’ll lay on top of him and bang with him. But I’m definitely not going to try to play that jiu-jitsu game off my back with him.

LINK
ncordless
4/27/09 2:04:56PM
Brett has quite an imagination.
Twenty20Dollars
4/27/09 2:27:49PM
Brett has some good takedown defense that he would use against werdum.
bustin_mma
4/27/09 2:48:14PM
Brett rogers is gonna get hurt or embarassed by either one of these guys ,Cant wait.
lohmann
4/27/09 3:50:26PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Brett has some good takedown defense that he would use against werdum.

Maybe he can use it against Overeem too.

Werdum's striking is passable. I think Rogers is underestimating him.
Aether
4/27/09 4:21:00PM
I could see him beating Werdum by landing a big punch and putting him away, but I still think Werdum is the favourite. I see no possibility of him lasting more than a few minutes with Overeem though.
tomp6581
4/27/09 4:51:18PM
I give his a punchers chance against both men. I just think Overeem would TKO him and Werdum would Sub him. Fair play to him for wanting to face tougher competition though.
cmill21
4/27/09 5:07:46PM
He should not lay anywhere near Werdum.....lol
mentalcase
4/27/09 5:24:21PM
and i plan to lay on top of Gina, doesn't mean its gonna happen
Amigop
4/27/09 11:58:24PM
Hahahahthats not gonna help his marketablity, if hejust plans to lay ontop of people