Brett Rogers: Fedor ‘hasn’t felt the power that he’s about to get’

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Brett Rogers: Fedor ‘hasn’t felt the power that he’s about to get’
SmileR
8/31/09 8:42:46PM
"Life is kinda moving along pretty fast now, especially after this (Andre) Arlovski fight. I feel this is well deserved, I mean, everything that happened, happened for a reason, and I was the one to complete it. I feel that I’m a different fighter for Fedor; he hasn’t felt the power that he’s about to get. He’s talented, but the same things he’s skilled in, I’m skilled in. It’s just we’re gonna see who’s more hungry."

Undefeated heavyweight wrecking machine Brett Rogers anticipates giving former PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko more power than he can handle when the two clash this Fall for the Strikeforce promotion on Showtime. "Da Grim" has taken a serious step up in competition after knocking out Andrei Arlovski at the "Lawler vs. Shields" event back in June. Is he ready to dethrone "The Last Emperor?" Or will Emelianenko drop the iron curtain on the aspiring heavyweight? Time will tell…

Link
Aether
8/31/09 9:38:44PM
I'd have to say that Schilt, Choi, Crocop and Arlovski all have comparable if not greater power as well as technique than Brett. I don't dislike the guy, but I think his chances are pretty damn slim.

Edit - He better be able to hit harder than Fujita's best shot too because that dude hit Fedor with a pretty much picture perfect hook and while he was clearly dazed, he didn't even get knocked down.
Jackelope
8/31/09 9:50:50PM
Brett has the advantage of there not being too much film on him. Of course there is the size advantage, too. The cage may play a factor as well.

Fedor has the advantage of being Fedor. We'll see who wins
Aether
8/31/09 9:55:06PM
At this point big guys with a puncher's chance almost make for more interesting matchups than a lot of the top10 guys just because of the fact that it seems more likely that someone will beat him by random KO than by out-matching him skillwise.

I do say _almost_ hehe.
higdon10
8/31/09 10:14:10PM

Posted by Aether

At this point big guys with a puncher's chance almost make for more interesting matchups than a lot of the top10 guys just because of the fact that it seems more likely that someone will beat him by random KO than by out-matching him skillwise.

I do say _almost_ hehe.

I think its a pretty interesting matchup.
Shawn91111
8/31/09 10:17:51PM
He’s talented, but the same things he’s skilled in, im skilled in

I enjoyed that line
george112
8/31/09 10:33:19PM

Posted by Shawn91111

I enjoyed that line

i was thinking the same thing

hmm have a hard time believing that one.
Jackelope
8/31/09 10:40:52PM
You guys didn't know that Brett Rogers is a world champion Sambo and Judo practicioner??
RearNakedJoke
9/1/09 2:43:40AM

Posted by Shawn91111

I enjoyed that line

i didnt know rogers could speak russian and had poor business sense. this guy never ceases to amaze me!
AO
9/1/09 9:04:33AM

Posted by RearNakedJoke

Posted by Shawn91111

I enjoyed that line

i didnt know rogers could speak russian and had poor business sense. this guy never ceases to amaze me!

lmao.

in seriousness, i will offer an av bet that fedor gets the takedown in the first 45 seconds.
Pyrenus
9/1/09 9:28:41AM
I think a scrubby fighter will be the first to beat Fedor. Someone with good TD defense, good defensive hands, athleticism and composure. Fedor's takedowns aren't all that. Arlovski was winning that match until he decided to run into Fedor's fist with his hands down.
tomp6581
9/1/09 11:51:44AM

Posted by RearNakedJoke

Posted by Shawn91111

I enjoyed that line

ha ha. Great line.

Rogers is talking up the fight to make more $$$

If we was afraid of Fedor, it wouldnt be as intertesting. If I was Rogers, I would show Fedor no respect at all, talk lots of sh!t and hope the mma media take notice, get his name out there....and all he needs then is a good performance.

imanidiot777
9/1/09 1:45:10PM
Brett Rodgers hasn't felt the power that he's about to get. After Tim Sylvia fought Fedor he said he'd never been hit that hard in his life.
skitzo
9/1/09 2:14:18PM

Posted by imanidiot777

Brett Rodgers hasn't felt the power that he's about to get. After Tim Sylvia fought Fedor he said he'd never been hit that hard in his life.

Exactly. Rogers is a tough dude that hits hard, but stylistically he fits into the typical mold of fighters that Fedor eats for breakfast.
RearNakedJoke
9/2/09 6:02:55AM

After Tim Sylvia fought Fedor he said he'd never been hit that hard in his life.

until Ray Mercer.