Brett Rogers vs. Antonio Silva

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Brett Rogers vs. Antonio Silva
POLL: Who would win, and how?
Brett Rogers KO/TKO 18% (6)
Brett Rogers Submission 0% (0)
Brett Rogers Decision 0% (0)
Antonio Silva KO/TKO 24% (8)
Antonio Silva Submission 44% (15)
Antonio Silva Decision 15% (5)
gartface
6/3/08 7:34:46PM
I was watching the Gary Shaw post show interview, and when the interviewer was badgering him about Brett Rogers fighting Kimbo, he just kept shrugging it off, saying Kimbo wasn't ready. He did however mention a couple of fights he'd do, and one that he blurted out was Rogers vs. Bigfoot Silva.

I for one would actually be very excited to watch this fight. I think it'd end up being on one of their ShowXC cards and possibly for the first title.

So are you guys interested? And if so who do you think wins, and how?
Mchubb316
6/3/08 7:39:19PM
I think Antonio is a better fighter. He has solid stand up and good ground skills. Rogers would be in a world of hurt if Silva got him to the ground and stayed on top of him.
gartface
6/3/08 7:40:19PM

Posted by Mchubb316

I think Antonio is a better fighter. He has solid stand up and good ground skills. Rogers would be in a world of hurt if Silva got him to the ground and stayed on top of him.

I was thinking the same thing. Almost everybody from ATT has great ground skills (exception: see Alessio Sakara). I think he'd probably get him in an arm bar or bully his way into a RNC.
bigbubbano23
6/3/08 8:08:30PM
JimiMak
6/3/08 8:17:25PM
Ya, they'll want to set up Rodgers for a fall while they feed Kimbo an easier fight.
89vision
6/3/08 8:23:43PM
i find it strange that he says kimbo is such a tadpole like the rest of us think, then he goes on to say rogers is not worthy of fighting kimbo.....? so then why is rogers about to fight bigfoot? why not kimbo vs bigfoot....i'll tell you why, cause kimbo would get destroyed
Twenty20Dollars
6/3/08 8:46:04PM
rogers would beat kimbo. i think right now kimbo vs rogers should happen now instead of silva vs rogers but rogers is still pretty new and i think silva could take him down and win.

plus i'd rather see kimbo vs rogers first.
grappler0000
6/3/08 9:45:54PM

Posted by 89vision

i find it strange that he says kimbo is such a tadpole like the rest of us think, then he goes on to say rogers is not worthy of fighting kimbo.....? so then why is rogers about to fight bigfoot? why not kimbo vs bigfoot....i'll tell you why, cause kimbo would get destroyed

Yeah, it's also funny because a couple of months back, Gary Shaw was saying that he would pick Kimbo in a match against any heavyweight in the world...and now he's saying this.
grappler0000
6/3/08 9:47:46PM

Posted by JimiMak

Ya, they'll want to set up Rodgers for a fall while they feed Kimbo an easier fight.

Yeah, I took it as a threat to Rogers when he said it...almost as punishment for speaking out against Kimbo in front of the media.
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/3/08 9:47:50PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by 89vision

Yeah, it's also funny because a couple of months back, Gary Shaw was saying that he would pick Kimbo in a match against any heavyweight in the world...and now he's saying this.

i'd love to see Silva fight Kimbo
jae_1833
6/3/08 11:29:59PM
I think Kimbo/Rogers would have a better story line, but realistically Silva/Rogers makes more sense to me right now. Rogers has been more successful. Silva is due for a fight and unless they sign another big HW name then I don't think they have much of a choice. Kimbo proved that his ground game is no where near where it needs to be to fight someone like Silva right now.
NatedawgThaM
6/3/08 11:34:22PM
It would definitely be an exciting heavyweight slugfest IF Antonio stood with Rogers. I personally would pick Rogers by TKO/KO if that was the case. But once Silva took it to the ground, it would not even be close. It would only be a matter of time before Antonio subbed him.

I'd say Antonio 2nd sub after getting rocked a few times in the first and then finally taking it down to the ground in the 2nd.
throwmeahotone
6/3/08 11:57:31PM
Yea, this would not be good for Rogers I think Sliva wook take him down with ease and submit him fairly easily as well, but why do that when we could see Rogers kick Kimbo's ass instead no wait it a fake companie so the first significant shot that Kimbo lands its over

Dan M. is the Steve Mazzagatti of EliteXC
gartface
6/4/08 12:02:56AM

Posted by throwmeahotone

Yea, this would not be good for Rogers I think Sliva wook take him down with ease and submit him fairly easily as well, but why do that when we could see Rogers kick Kimbo's ass instead no wait it a fake companie so the first significant shot that Kimbo lands its over

Here we go...this has turned into another Kimbo "controversy" thread.
throwmeahotone
6/4/08 12:25:52AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by throwmeahotone

Here we go...this has turned into another Kimbo "controversy" thread.

Damn right.
pv3Hpv3p
6/4/08 11:17:50AM
Maybe I'm being al ittle bit of a homer here, since Brett is from right across the river from me... But I think the guy's got serious skills... Don't know if it's enough to take out Silva, but Silva did show he could get rocked in the Pele fight, and Rogers seems like he's got some steam behind his hands... But as with most fighters who (T)KO everyone, his ground game is still a mystery to me and that is a serious negative when fighting an all around ass kicker like Antonio...
tylerlee123
6/4/08 12:07:22PM
This is a real good fight that I never thought of
EON
6/4/08 3:03:00PM
if kimbo had and cahones he'd challenge the guy who called him garbage, oh wait the poster boy for a rigged production has to fight a can (JT is not a can)
hotrodttt
6/4/08 7:14:27PM
Yeah this is a Great Match Up and I have no complaints about it, I love this Style Match Up. You really don't know who's really going to Win because as seen in his Fight against Pele, Junior was Knocked Out and Brett Rogers has that same ability but if Junior got Rogers to the Ground then We'll See a Different Fight.
Jfurry
6/6/08 5:49:05PM
I wish Rogers the best but its not looking good for him on the ground but hey a Punchers chance is all that is needed
Ben_Hutch
6/13/08 7:01:54AM
Antonio Silva is the best HW in EliteXC, the guy is a complete beast.
CornishMMA
6/14/08 10:56:25AM
/\ newsflashthere anyone that didnt already know that should be taken out and shot! "durgh nah that kimbo guy would knock him out"

The 6 ppl who voted for Rogers are complete fupping retards - FACT
gartface
6/14/08 2:13:05PM

Posted by CornishMMA

/\ newsflashthere anyone that didnt already know that should be taken out and shot! "durgh nah that kimbo guy would knock him out"

The 6 ppl who voted for Rogers are complete fupping retards - FACT

Hahah. Too bad this fight doesn't seem to be on the radar anymore! Go figure Gary Shaw lies again. Rogers vs. Kimbo is the flavor of the week, and I guess we'll have to sit through it while Big Foot just sits on the sidelines without a decent opponent.