Brett Rogers gets advice from, and trains with, Josh Barnett for Fedor Emelianenko fight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Brett Rogers gets advice from, and trains with, Josh Barnett for Fedor Emelianenko fight
jae_1833
10/31/09 7:12:13PM
link

”Keep moving. Never, never stay still. Keep moving, and you’ll always find some way, some pocket, to get out of a bad situation. Especially when it comes to a ground situation.”

– Words of wisdom from former UFC Heavyweight Champion, Josh Barnett, as he helps Brett Rogers prepare to take on the world’s best heavyweight, Fedor Emelianenko, at Strikeforce: “Fedor vs. Rogers” at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, Ill., on Nov. 7.
Twenty20Dollars
10/31/09 7:42:43PM
Oh yeah and the most important thing, dont take any illegal substances.
postman
10/31/09 7:53:49PM
AA showed everyone how to win be light on your feet have quick hands good head movement out box him and don't let him get close to you. I just don't see anyone that can do it.
BustedKnuckle
10/31/09 8:26:22PM
Rogers could be training and getting advise from ....JESUS HIMSELF!! and it would not help him here!! Rogers has a nil chance of winning. And I am a man who dosn't particulary care for the Last Emporer
jgtribbett
10/31/09 8:38:21PM
sounds like advice to survive fedor.. not beat him
KoldKhaos
10/31/09 9:41:31PM
"Hey Josh, I'm a big fan. I been following you through out your entire career..."

"Save it kid, you got 1 week and an entire months cycle to get in you, lets cut the chit chat and drop your pants."

"But Josh I...."

"Do you want to survive or not?"

"Yes..."

"Then shut up, bend over and take it like man!"

That being said...

Fedor via total beatdown
Jackelope
10/31/09 9:57:17PM
It's really too bad all the steroid incidents have happened with Josh. He has a great understanding of the game and technique. He's a very adept and cerebral fighter. Wasted talent.
StorminYourman
11/1/09 12:29:31AM
Are not Barnett and Fedor supposed to be friends.
Helping out Fedor's oppenent does not seem too friendly
Manak
11/1/09 5:06:19AM

Posted by postman

AA showed everyone how to win be light on your feet have quick hands good head movement out box him and don't let him get close to you. I just don't see anyone that can do it.

AA did show want to do. He is prb the only person who can do it but, it is sad to say, AA cant go the whole match without taking a shot to his chin which mean KO
AchillesHeel
11/1/09 10:01:30AM

Posted by jgtribbett

sounds like advice to survive fedor.. not beat him

Yeah, but survival is victory against Fedor.
Copenhagen
11/1/09 12:40:34PM

Posted by postman

Someone posted a youtube video on here a couple weeks back showing the only clean shot AA ever hit Fedor with was the front push kick.
CwB
11/1/09 5:59:54PM
Am I the only one who is a little nervous about Brett Rodgers Huge power.

I know Fedor should win this, atleast 95% of the time, But Brett has huge power and so many other fighters Fedors age have recently had a fall from grace.

Fedor FTW, but Im nervous.
RMFG_187
11/2/09 5:18:12AM
Advice isn't enough!