Most Breathtaking moment you had with MMA....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Most Breathtaking moment you had with MMA....
Next Page »
StriderXero
4/25/08 3:03:51AM
The most breathtaking moment I had was when I watched Hughes vs Trigg 2. I'm not even a Hughes fan, but was in awe when I saw that.
Playground_Samurai
4/25/08 3:08:20AM
GG/CC......I was f*cking shocked!
Tein_Lung
4/25/08 6:36:29AM

Posted by gspfan

yeah for me it was how CC landed on his leg... i thought his leg was obliterated till he stood up
tdietel01
4/25/08 7:08:46AM

Posted by Tein_Lung

Posted by gspfan

yeah for me it was how CC landed on his leg... i thought his leg was obliterated till he stood up

Nothing could have prepared me for that..... right when they got stood up i told me wife " now watch him beat his ass" then the kick happened and i looked like a moron! lol
emfleek
4/25/08 8:31:39AM
Rampage/Liddell 2

I was at bar watching the PPV and when Jackson landed the punch that dropped Chuck, the air was sucked out of the entire place. There were probably 300 people in the bar watching and you could hear a mouse fart. It was almost as if Superman had just been murdered right before our very eyes. Iceman Nutthuggers were in full effect that night.
xchickox
4/25/08 8:52:56AM
either GG/CC, seeing that happen live, no-one expected it and the whole ground just stood up and were completely shocked, i never expected it to go so quiet

or

Thiago Alves vs tony de souza at ufc 66, that sweet knee that almost ko'ed de souza
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/25/08 8:58:00AM
mine is AA-Timmay 2
Manfred
4/25/08 9:03:30AM
Royce's triangle on Severn, it was the first time he did a triangle so it was the first time I found out you can choke w/o arms.

I'm going...why did he tap????
SmileR
4/25/08 10:01:17AM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

mine is AA-Timmay 2

This is a conspiracy, in real life the fight ended when Andrei hit that big over hand right. The rest was computer generated by the UFC because Andrei was becoming so powerful modern technology couldn't control him.

I'm like 99% sure this is the truth. Arlovski in real life is unstoppable.
TWITA
4/25/08 10:02:36AM
BJ Penn Vs. Cao Uno. One of the most brutal KO's in UFC history.
Hannibal_H
4/25/08 11:04:51AM
Don Frye VS Takayama.

I didn't even blink.
Manfred
4/25/08 12:05:00PM

Posted by Hannibal_H

Don Frye VS Takayama.

I didn't even blink.

Good one, props
JWils
4/25/08 12:32:32PM

Posted by StriderXero

The most breathtaking moment I had was when I watched Hughes vs Trigg 2. I'm not even a Hughes fan, but was in awe when I saw that.

I'm with you on that one, that fight was awesome.

Franklin's KO of Quarry really got my attention. I thought Quarry might be dead...
The_Ho_Bag
4/25/08 12:38:59PM
Fedor vs Randleman =]

omg suplex W8 is fedor dead? nope 30 secs later he kimoras randleman
SpiderSilva
4/25/08 12:40:12PM
I big one for me was Liddell Couture 3 as Coutures body kind of just colapsed and Chuck went in for moew knowing he killed Couture

WOW he retired Captin America first thing I thought
Jackelope
4/25/08 2:47:38PM
Hughes vs. Trigg 2 was unbelievable. I'll always remember exactly where I was when I watched that fight. It's like 9/11 for me haha
jiujitsufreak74
4/25/08 3:35:23PM
i'm not the one to be breath taken as i am usually the one to flip out and start screaming while seizing with enthusiasm. but the one time i was breathless was the Bisping vs Hamil fight. it was the decision really made me sit down. my whole reaction was a funny story. after the fight, i had it in my mind that Hamil won. i was so excited i ran around my block with my shirt off (mind you it was around midnight-1 o'clock time range) screaming "HAMIL WON! HAMIL WON! TAKE THAT BRITAIN!!!!!!!!" then, after 3 victory laps, i got back inside and watched the official decision only to find out Bisping won by Split Decision. when i saw that, i just fell back in my seat and stared at my wall for 20 min.
NatedawgThaM
4/25/08 3:53:54PM
Houston/Jardine

Their was no way Jardine was going to lose that since he beat Forrest and should have beaten Bonnar. Then....yeah.

Mchubb316
4/25/08 5:03:10PM
Probably the one for me was GSP vs Serra 1, with GG vs CC a close second. Both had the saying what the F just happened.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/25/08 6:48:07PM
i gotta spread the love, but i 100% agree

if arlovski & bj penn were to fight w/out a conspiracy either way, the world would explode
gamez0932
4/25/08 7:09:33PM
im suprised no one said randy couture vs big tim....that was the most exciting thing for me, watching randy come outtas retirement to fight the heavyweight champ and drop him in the first 8 sec with an inside leg kick over hand right combo... i remember being at my friends house and all of us jumping in the air at the same time... what a way to come outta retirement.
Mchubb316
4/25/08 7:14:47PM

Posted by gamez0932

im suprised no one said randy couture vs big tim....that was the most exciting thing for me, watching randy come outtas retirement to fight the heavyweight champ and drop him in the first 8 sec with an inside leg kick over hand right combo... i remember being at my friends house and all of us jumping in the air at the same time... what a way to come outta retirement.

I think that was more heroic to me than breathtaking. Watching CC get KO by Gonzaga was just quick and painfull, and hardly anyone saw it coming. Randy's win over Tim was a slow and dominating decision, not very breathtaking. Just my thoughts.
billycarnage
4/25/08 7:42:14PM
When Griffin got KO'd by Jardine I almost cried. I suffered a mild case of Post Tramatic Syndrum. It went on for a week straight.

Then Griffin beat Shogun that was insane. (my top two favorite LHW's)

And CroCop losing to GG was like 9/11 in my MMA world (no disrespect).
bls1919
4/25/08 8:44:34PM
It was GGvsCC for me until i saw Mat Riddle KO his first opponent(prelim fight). that dude made some fuct up noise when he was out. a little disturbing
gamez0932
4/25/08 9:28:46PM

Posted by Mchubb316

Posted by gamez0932

I think that was more heroic to me than breathtaking. Watching CC get KO by Gonzaga was just quick and painfull, and hardly anyone saw it coming. Randy's win over Tim was a slow and dominating decision, not very breathtaking. Just my thoughts.

yeah i see what you mean... im kinda talking bout the first round though, i think alot of people wanted randy to win just they didnt expect him to make a statement that quick in the fight.
bigbubbano23
4/25/08 10:35:22PM
Matt Hamill v Micheal Bisping only because i couldn't comprehend what had just happened. that night i thought it was staged. but now i know it was just cecil peoples.
StriderXero
4/25/08 10:52:15PM

Posted by bigbubbano23

Matt Hamill v Micheal Bisping only because i couldn't comprehend what had just happened. that night i thought it was staged. but now i know it was just cecil peoples.

yeah Cecil Peoples has made some bad calls before........I don't even remember him judging that fight......I should look back on it.
jiujitsufreak74
4/25/08 11:14:42PM

Posted by StriderXero

Posted by bigbubbano23

yeah Cecil Peoples has made some bad calls before........I don't even remember him judging that fight......I should look back on it.

just so you know, American Judges Cecil Peoples and Jeff Mullen both scored the fight 29-28 for Bisping, while Englishman Chris Watts scored the fight 30-27 for Hamill. i found it ironic that the one judge who scored it for Hamill was the Brit. Cecil Peoples messing up, however, was not ironic and was expected.
The_Ho_Bag
4/25/08 11:31:31PM
Pete sell Vs scott smith =]

oh man great fight pete sell was so close =]
rice118
4/26/08 12:54:08AM
gonzaga vs cro-cop my girl was sleeping next to me and i jump up. i scream "WHAT" my girl wake up and she like was going on. lol that was breathtaking.
Pages: [1] 2