Top 5 Breakthroughs In MMA

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Top 5 Breakthroughs In MMA
haggiswashere
9/10/08 5:40:05AM
Great fighters are remembered for a collection of moments within a vast library of sights and sounds -- a record of unforgettable victories and their most stinging defeats.

But no moment stands out more than when a fighter distinguishes himself as a true force with which to be reckoned, having blossomed beyond the world of contenders and prospects.
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/the-5-greatest-breakthroughs-in-mma-14337 you know this is just a list someone did in there opinion. i like it but if any of you have ones that you think should have made the list feel free to post
Pyrenus
9/10/08 10:17:42AM
Eh, not a bad list. Although I might add AS in the mix somewhere.
jiujitsufreak74
9/10/08 3:05:34PM
i would put Shogun on that list
haggiswashere
9/10/08 6:02:53PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

vs who?
jiujitsufreak74
9/10/08 6:17:44PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

vs who?

i would say Shogun vs Rampage. he entered the 205lb Grand Prix as a heavy underdog and when he absolutely dominated Rampage, who had finished 2nd in the previous 205 Grand Prix, he caught the attention of MMA fans around the world. he wound up winning the GP with wins over Lil Nog, Arona and Overeem solidifying himself as the #1 LHW in the world.
buryyourdead
9/10/08 7:18:42PM
Shogun gets hated on alot. Seems like NO ONE mentions the fact that he fought Forrest on a blown ACL. Its ridiculous thta he was even walking nevermind fighting. He gassed in that fight whos seen him gas that hard before that? Tough to run and condition on some snapped meat in your knee.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/10/08 8:38:50PM

Posted by buryyourdead

Shogun gets hated on alot. Seems like NO ONE mentions the fact that he fought Forrest on a blown ACL. Its ridiculous thta he was even walking nevermind fighting. He gassed in that fight whos seen him gas that hard before that? Tough to run and condition on some snapped meat in your knee.

if he amkes anaexcuse everyone calls him a puss
when he doesnt, everyone says forrest murdered him & he's overrated

funny how people work sometimes

shogun's off my p4p list bc of not fighting much but im sure it wont take him long to get back on there
RMFG_187
9/11/08 5:32:11PM
friggin AWESOME list. For once i give props to Sherdog, thats right, props 2 sherdog.

Will never happen again but awesome read
Rush
9/11/08 10:54:30PM
I would've had a completely different list myself. Here are a few off the top of my head

Saku vs. Gracie - defined Saku's career IMO and was Royce's first real loss. Also, after a 90min fight Saku still went on to be competitive in the GP.

Anderson Silva vs Franklin I - Most people didn't know Silva, even the fans of Pride had only witnessed his mediocre record there. His demolition of Franklin opened UFC fans' eyes and the doors to the Silva bandwagon.

Rampage vs. Saku - Basically I think this fight was the reason Rampage became popular in Pride.

Forrest vs. Bonnar - Not that I really cared for this fight. I thought it was ok. But I think this fight defined the popularity of Forrest, much like the above fight did for Rampage.