UFC 88: Breakthrough Official Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 88: Breakthrough Official Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
MALICE
9/7/08 12:09:20AM

Posted by SJUD

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by SJUD

Did Hamill just throw the fight? There's no way he's this bad.

Please don't say that. That is just disrespecting the fighters, and the sport.

I seriously doubt that he threw the fight but cmon.
Give me a realistic explanation for what happened. There is no reason to not take it to the ground. He was so obviously outclassed standing up. If you watched his takedowns it looked like he didn't even try.

I know. It completely eludes me why fighters do not go to their bread and butter when they are down.
MMAcca
9/7/08 12:09:25AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Now I see that fight though does anyone think Franklin can beat Henderson? That really proves to me that Hendo would beat him decisively in stand up and in brutal GnP but perhaps I'm wrong but Hendo is better pretty much everywhere which is saying something because Rich is incredibly talented.

I think Franklin would win that fight if the 2 of them ever met in the Octagon
MMAcca
9/7/08 12:10:15AM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by SJUD

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by SJUD

Give me a realistic explanation for what happened. There is no reason to not take it to the ground. He was so obviously outclassed standing up. If you watched his takedowns it looked like he didn't even try.

I know. It completely eludes me why fighters do not go to their bread and butter when they are down.

npayant
9/7/08 12:10:44AM

Posted by SJUD

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by SJUD

I actually agree with this... not the 'thrown fight' part... but Matt just didn't look himself (like he has the past few fights). Really... what was he doing?!?! Getting dominated on the feet.... USE YOUR WRESTLING!!!!
dannyfrank
9/7/08 12:10:56AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by dannyfrank

damn...

just lost my av bet

edit: and $400

It looks loke you already lost an avatar bet...How does it get any worse

i just hope the guy i lost to is merciful
Rush
9/7/08 12:11:26AM
Matt waited too long.

You get worked enough and frustration sets in and even your bread and butter doesn't work
Aaronno9
9/7/08 12:11:34AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Now I see that fight though does anyone think Franklin can beat Henderson? That really proves to me that Hendo would beat him decisively in stand up and in brutal GnP perhaps I'm wrong but Hendo is better pretty much everywhere. (which is saying something because Rich is incredibly talented.)

Henderson has not got better stand up that rich. Hes got a more powerful right hand for sure, but thats about it. Rich has better technique, better kicks, and hes better at striking from the clinch imo, although obviously if they where to end up clinched dan would have an advantage with his wrestling.

I mean, i really cant see where your coming from with that statment. Its like, now ive watched rich put in a dominant performance over a stronger wrestler, i think hendo would beat him. What could he of done to change your mind
SJUD
9/7/08 12:13:12AM
Only thing I can think of now is that he was injured pre fight where he didn't want to go down to the ground. A world class wrestler has much better takedowns then what was shown in this fight.
MMAcca
9/7/08 12:14:44AM
Chuck's looking awesome.

Comfortable, lean and also mean
Aaronno9
9/7/08 12:14:46AM
Maybeys Hammill didnt want to take it down. I mean, he did once and it only took rich like 10 seconds to lock an armbar up. Just a thought.

Chuck looks so confident! really hope he knocks rashad out.
MALICE
9/7/08 12:15:05AM

Posted by Rush

Matt waited too long.

You get worked enough and frustration sets in and even your bread and butter doesn't work

Yeah. It's as simple as that, but it is still crazy that a lot of fighters still don't look like they have ever been in the ring or cage before, when just that happens.
Kracker_Jap
9/7/08 12:15:29AM
I want Chucks Shirt
Hillbilly
9/7/08 12:15:32AM

Posted by SJUD

Only thing I can think of now is that he was injured pre fight where he didn't want to go down to the ground. A world class wrestler has much better takedowns then what was shown in this fight.

He probably just paniced because the fight on the feet was going so badly and didn't set up his shots. Chalk it up to inexperience I guess.
MALICE
9/7/08 12:16:22AM
HaHa!!! Rashad was jammin to Chuck's tunes!!!
npayant
9/7/08 12:18:18AM

Posted by xxMALICExx

HaHa!!! Rashad was jammin to Chuck's tunes!!!

LOL.... That boy's got rhythm!
Aaronno9
9/7/08 12:18:50AM
I just noticed rashad doing the famous gsp nipple tweak. Is their (sorry rush, i had no idea whether to use their, there or they're on that one ) any reason fighters do it?
fedorwins1
9/7/08 12:19:13AM
Oh no! Rashad just did the nipple pinch! It must be a new strategy from Greg Jackson's.
Rush
9/7/08 12:20:33AM

Posted by Aaronno9

I just noticed rashad doing the famous gsp nipple tweak. Is their (sorry rush, i had no idea whether to use their, there or they're on that one ) any reason fighters do it?

LMAO - forgiven as long as you apologize to me each time. lol

I tried to look it up. The best I could find is that in women, certain hormones are secreted when nipples are pinched or sucked. Maybe it is similar for men.
MALICE
9/7/08 12:25:39AM
It might be just me... But nipple pinching does not belong in mma.
Rush
9/7/08 12:26:47AM
I don't see Rashad winning this fight with his game plan so far.
Kracker_Jap
9/7/08 12:26:52AM
bborder line flok of seagulls on the 1st round
Aaronno9
9/7/08 12:27:55AM
I think i just threw up in my mouth.
DevonFoxy
9/7/08 12:28:48AM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by DevonFoxy

Now I see that fight though does anyone think Franklin can beat Henderson? That really proves to me that Hendo would beat him decisively in stand up and in brutal GnP perhaps I'm wrong but Hendo is better pretty much everywhere. (which is saying something because Rich is incredibly talented.)

Henderson has not got better stand up that rich. Hes got a more powerful right hand for sure, but thats about it. Rich has better technique, better kicks, and hes better at striking from the clinch imo, although obviously if they where to end up clinched dan would have an advantage with his wrestling.

I mean, i really cant see where your coming from with that statment. Its like, now ive watched rich put in a dominant performance over a stronger wrestler, i think hendo would beat him. What could he of done to change your mind

Hamill has an amazing jar and so does Henderson who probably has a better one. If he knocked out Hamill I would have changed my mind. Franklin has crisper strikes but if he fought like he did tonight against Henderson he would get knocked out quite quick imho. He has power but he leaves himself open when he attacks which would be bad in a Hendo fight.

Then we see when Rich can't control the clinch he's in very big trouble and in now way would he control the clinch against Hendo.
grappler0000
9/7/08 12:29:03AM
DCRage
9/7/08 12:29:17AM
HOLY S**T! HO.LY S**T! RASHAD KO'S CHUCK!
SJUD
9/7/08 12:29:25AM
Hopefully Chuck retires after this. He's done.
Rush
9/7/08 12:29:26AM
OMG OMG
Hillbilly
9/7/08 12:29:27AM
wow, I thought chuck was dead.
DevonFoxy
9/7/08 12:29:29AM
fedorwins1
9/7/08 12:29:31AM
HOLY SHIT!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11