UFC 88: Breakthrough Official Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 88: Breakthrough Official Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Aaronno9
9/6/08 11:54:29PM
Man if this stops for a cut its going to suck so much. Rich is just starting to turn it on.
FlashyG
9/6/08 11:55:24PM
I thought I saw the same thing but I didn't see his knee at the time
DevonFoxy
9/6/08 11:56:49PM
Matt.......please do not be Sean Sherk and try to stand with a much better striker....
SJUD
9/6/08 11:57:32PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Matt.......please do not be Sean Sherk and try to stand with a much better striker....

It's like he's trying to lose this fight.
DCRage
9/6/08 11:57:34PM
Ouch, Franklin went DING! Low kick right where it hurts.
Rush
9/6/08 11:58:02PM
WTF. This fight is fucked up

I want to see that knee again. A skin flap issue and a groin shot.
MALICE
9/6/08 11:58:03PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

I don't think he can hear you.

Yes Yes Yes Rich!!!
Chuteboxer
9/6/08 11:59:29PM
how bad is this cut? I am not watching the fights..
Aaronno9
9/6/08 11:59:36PM
Hope im not speaking to soon but rich is making matt look like a fish out of water at the moment. Im actually enjoying the fight rather than being worried all the time.
MALICE
9/7/08 12:01:16AM
WhooooooooH!!!!!!!!

Bas Style!!!
Rush
9/7/08 12:01:52AM
Looks like I am losing my parlay.

edit... yup
grappler0000
9/7/08 12:01:54AM
To the liiiver!
Aaronno9
9/7/08 12:01:56AM
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I can sleep a happy man now. Really, really good gameplan from rich and hume, carried out perfectly. I feel bad for Matt, hope he comes back soon.
SJUD
9/7/08 12:02:23AM
Did Hamill just throw the fight? There's no way he's this bad.
Kracker_Jap
9/7/08 12:02:27AM
There goes my parley
dannyfrank
9/7/08 12:03:04AM
damn...

just lost my av bet

edit: and $400
DCRage
9/7/08 12:03:27AM
Good fight, Hamill made the mistake of trying to keep it on the feet which a wrestler really shouldn't do. I was impressed with how much punishment he was able to take, he continues to improve with every fight. Hopefully he bounces back strong next time.
MALICE
9/7/08 12:04:13AM
What is it with fighters fighting completely out of their strengths'. Sherk, Hamill, and I know there's more I'm just drawin a blank.

Is it just not being outclassed, and not being able to stick to the gameplan?
Hillbilly
9/7/08 12:04:34AM
Everybody who boo'd Hamill for going down needs to get kicked in the liver.
DevonFoxy
9/7/08 12:04:38AM
Bad game plan for Hamill which is disappointing but he'll be back good showing from Rich but I don't think anyone can say he is going to be top 10 anytime soon.
fedorwins1
9/7/08 12:04:40AM
I like how Rogan did a Bas shoutout.

Great fight for Franklin.
MALICE
9/7/08 12:05:31AM

Posted by SJUD

Please don't say that. That is just disrespecting the fighters, and the sport.
Kracker_Jap
9/7/08 12:05:46AM

Posted by dannyfrank

damn...

just lost my av bet

edit: and $400

It looks loke you already lost an avatar bet...How does it get any worse
Aaronno9
9/7/08 12:05:59AM

Posted by SJUD

Take a shot like that to the gut and keep fighting, then come back and tell me hammill threw that fight.
MMAcca
9/7/08 12:07:07AM
-Rich Franklin vs. Matt Hamill
R1 – Hamill keeps his guard high, so Franklin immediately starts attacking with leg kicks. As Franklin scores with an inside leg kick, Hamill lands a solid uppercut. Franklin starts utilizing his hands to distract and scores with stronger kicks to the legs. Somewhere along the way, Franklin suffers a cut on his right eyebrow. Hamill finally scores a takedown and immediately tries to unleash ground and pound, but Franklin locks on an armbar. Hamill escapes, but Franklin backs out and they return to their feet. Hamill is now cut on his right eyebrow as well.
MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Franklin

R2 – Franklin goes right back to the leg kick. Hamill shoots in, but Franklin unleashes a flurry of punch and kick combinations. On the break, the referee stops to have Franklin’s cut check, which looks like there is a loose flap of skin hanging from the corner of his eye now. The fight continues and Franklin continues to punish Hamill with a solid combination of punches and kicks. Franklin scores a kick to the face of Hamill, who hangs in tough, before he receives an inadvertent kick to the groin. They start back up, Franklin continuing to the push the pace with his striking. Franklin does a good job defending Hamill’s takedown attempts, and is causing Hamill to limp from the repeated leg kicks and continues his barrage as the round closes.
MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Franklin

R3 – Round three starts much the same with Franklin accumulating damage with his strikes, then he lands a solid left kick to the ribs of Hamill, dropping him to the mat. Franklin follows him down to start throwing punches, but the referee immediately steps in to stop the fight.

Rich Franklin def. Matt Hamill by TKO (Kick to Ribs) at 0:39, R3
fedorwins1
9/7/08 12:07:43AM

Posted by Hillbilly

Everybody who boo'd Hamill for going down needs to get kicked in the liver.

Yeah, for real you get hit in the liver good like Hamill did, you're dropping to the ground it's involuntary.
SJUD
9/7/08 12:07:43AM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by SJUD

Please don't say that. That is just disrespecting the fighters, and the sport.

I seriously doubt that he threw the fight but cmon.
Give me a realistic explanation for what happened. There is no reason to not take it to the ground. He was so obviously outclassed standing up. If you watched his takedowns it looked like he didn't even try.
DevonFoxy
9/7/08 12:07:48AM
Now I see that fight though does anyone think Franklin can beat Henderson? That really proves to me that Hendo would beat him decisively in stand up and in brutal GnP perhaps I'm wrong but Hendo is better pretty much everywhere. (which is saying something because Rich is incredibly talented.)
Rush
9/7/08 12:09:06AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Now I see that fight though does anyone think Franklin can beat Henderson? That really proves to me that Hendo would beat him decisively in stand up and in brutal GnP but perhaps I'm wrong but Hendo is better pretty much everywhere which is saying something because Rich is incredibly talented.

Franklin would get KOed by Dan IMO.
Kracker_Jap
9/7/08 12:09:08AM
2 people i want to see get KO"d Evens and Bisping

Hopfully 1/2 my dream comes true tonight
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11