BREAKING: Tonight's Shine Fights Event CANCELLED

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » BREAKING: Tonight's Shine Fights Event CANCELLED
DCRage
5/15/10 8:01:56PM
Just hours after Shine Fights broadcaster Karyn Bryant informed the world that Ricardo Mayorga had been officially pulled from tonight's Shine Fights pay-per-view event, the entire event has been scrapped. "[North Carolina] commission cancels Shine Fights," Bryant posted on her Twitter account. No further information is available at this time.

Article
Twenty20Dollars
5/15/10 8:04:05PM
JuggaloWarrior878
5/15/10 8:35:11PM
that sux was looking forward to a night full of mma
mrsmiley
5/15/10 9:07:13PM
I was really looking foward to watching.
That's crazy it's just over like that. Zwam!
Twenty20Dollars
5/15/10 9:18:46PM
i was looking forward to winning my parlay and getting higher up in wagers
MaxOne
5/15/10 9:45:23PM
sucks. I almost just paid for it but luckily i logged on here while i was doing that.
Wand_is_GOD
5/16/10 1:52:36AM
why would they cancel a whole event because one person cant fight? Heath vs. Rua would have been fine
lohmann
5/16/10 1:56:51AM

Posted by Wand_is_GOD

why would they cancel a whole event because one person cant fight?

See:

Posted by MaxOne

sucks. I almost just paid for it but luckily i logged on here while i was doing that.

It was the main event and all the promotion for the fight centered on the mixed martial artist against the boxer.

People that preordered the pay-per-view, purchased it without knowing that the Mayorga vs. Thomas fight was off, or bought tickets because of that particular fight would be outraged.

It's similar to the Affliction tragedy.
Giant_Ochai
5/16/10 8:29:53AM

Posted by lohmann

Posted by Wand_is_GOD

why would they cancel a whole event because one person cant fight?

See:

Posted by MaxOne

It was the main event and all the promotion for the fight centered on the mixed martial artist against the boxer.

People that preordered the pay-per-view, purchased it without knowing that the Mayorga vs. Thomas fight was off, or bought tickets because of that particular fight would be outraged.

It's similar to the Affliction tragedy.

The athletic commission should have no authority to cancel an event because a fighter got pulled.