Breaking News Lesnar out at 106 due to illness

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Breaking News Lesnar out at 106 due to illness
Next Page »
Jshep714
10/26/09 4:01:38PM
Brock Lesnar, the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s massive heavyweight titleholder, was forced to withdraw Monday from his highly anticipated Nov. 21 title defense in Las Vegas against Shane Carwin.

LINK
emfleek
10/26/09 4:05:46PM
Bummer.

Look for this to be rescheduled for the New Year's card.
MMAcca
10/26/09 4:14:39PM
george112
10/26/09 4:15:32PM
wow.

that sucks.

hopefully they replace with a badass fight
Jshep714
10/26/09 4:17:47PM

Posted by george112

wow.

that sucks.

hopefully they replace with a badass fight

I don't think they are going to get anyone to agree on a months notice that has a big name. Maybe Big Nog or Mir moving up a month to fight Carwin?
MMAcca
10/26/09 4:21:39PM
Cain could step in...... Or if Machida/Shogun could be ready in time maybe.......?

Tito/Forrest will more than likely become the main event.
SpiderSilva
10/26/09 4:27:52PM

Posted by MMAcca

Cain could step in......

I think Cain vs Carwin was planned around this time before so why not just do it
emfleek
10/26/09 4:34:32PM

Posted by MMAcca

..... Or if Machida/Shogun could be ready in time maybe.......?

I doubt they'll get clearance to compete. Both will likely have medical suspensions issued following their fight @ 104.

I say they should see if Mir is willing to fight sooner and let Dos Santos take his place against Kongo.
miphi1991
10/26/09 4:44:59PM
Lets see the rematch!
Edwards
10/26/09 4:46:23PM
more bad new whats goin on these days, hopefully we get to see the fight sooner then later because i thinks its goin to be good one
azusa
10/26/09 4:54:53PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by MMAcca

..... Or if Machida/Shogun could be ready in time maybe.......?

I doubt they'll get clearance to compete. Both will likely have medical suspensions issued following their fight @ 104.

I say they should see if Mir is willing to fight sooner and let Dos Santos take his place against Kongo.

I second this motion
PABLOMAFIOSO
10/26/09 5:00:05PM

Posted by emfleek

I like Dos Santos vs. Kongo
NatedawgThaM
10/26/09 5:11:44PM
I think either Carwin KO's Mir or Cain steps in and gives him a beating taking his title shot. I'll go with Cain since he's fresh and unhurt & Mir can't afford another KO loss.

And it might turn into free TV too.
azusa
10/26/09 5:12:39PM
Dos Santos 3rd rnd ko/tko
long-john
10/26/09 5:29:59PM
I think that its moved to UFC 108
nickcuc547
10/26/09 6:13:50PM
best thing that could have happened to lyoto machida
CwB
10/26/09 6:18:16PM

Posted by nickcuc547

best thing that could have happened to lyoto machida

(HAHA, takes the focus off em...)

Damn Damn Damn Damn... I was really looking forward to this fight. I have been dying to see someone about brock's size fight him. Damn Damn Damn Damn...
xphycorx
10/26/09 6:39:50PM
just add this to the list of reasons i hate brock lesnar
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/26/09 6:50:31PM
Due to illness, tonight the part of brock lesnar will be played by...
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
10/26/09 6:55:27PM
because of illness? what like he has the sniffles or a sore throat, I dont understand why a fight that is a month away is going to be cancelled because of an illness unless its a serious illness, I mean serious, I dont get these guys anymore, cough due to cold, main event cancelled
nickcuc547
10/26/09 6:58:19PM

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

because of illness? what like he has the sniffles or a sore throat, I dont understand why a fight that is a month away is going to be cancelled because of an illness unless its a serious illness, I mean serious, I dont get these guys anymore, cough due to cold, main event cancelled

right because there have been confirmed reports that brock has the siffles, cut it out you have no idea what his ailment is, hold ur judgement until you do.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
10/26/09 7:03:27PM

Posted by nickcuc547

right because there have been confirmed reports that brock has the siffles, cut it out you have no idea what his ailment is, hold ur judgement until you do.

I definitely dont know why he's out, I mentioned in my original comment that if its something serious then ok but didnt he pull out of a fight before in the UFC because he was sick?
could be wrong but I think he did and its well annoying
I just remember guys like spencer fisher, roger huerta, jorge gurgel going into fights where at the weigh in they looked like ghosts cause they had the flu but said **** it, theres a caliber of fighter who fights almost no matter what and the ones who are well ...who knows
I hope its a serious illness but somehow I doubt it
postman
10/26/09 7:10:26PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by MMAcca

Cain could step in......

I think Cain vs Carwin was planned around this time before so why not just do it

Unless Carwin needs the cake ( Which I doubt he has a good job outside of fighting) There is no reason for him to take such a dangerous fight. He takes that fight and he could lose his shot at the belt or get hurt and push back the title fight agian then allow some one else to shine and steal it from him kinda like the Vitor Dan Anderson deal. I see this fight just getting pushed back till Brock is ready.
mrsmiley
10/26/09 7:25:58PM

Posted by postman

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by MMAcca

Cain could step in......

Unless Carwin needs the cake ( Which I doubt he has a good job outside of fighting) There is no reason for him to take such a dangerous fight. He takes that fight and he could lose his shot at the belt or get hurt and push back the title fight agian then allow some one else to shine and steal it from him kinda like the Vitor Dan Anderson deal. I see this fight just getting pushed back till Brock is ready.

I gotta agree.
Cain VS Carwin would be great but Carwin has been training for Brock.
I think it would be too risky for Cain and Carwin both.
lohmann
10/26/09 7:36:33PM
I hope Lesnar gets better soon. I'm glad the fight was postponed this far in advance instead of getting pulled a week or less before UFC 106. The event definitely will suffer in buyrate without Lesnar on the card, but if it's put on UFC 108 at Carwin's suggestion, that event will rival 100 in sheer starpower. Definitely interested in seeing more details.

I do not like Lesnar, but dropping out of a fight a month in advance because of illness worries me. Although I'm rooting for Carwin, I like to see fights where both fighters are as close to 100% as possible.
Jackelope
10/26/09 9:01:06PM
I had H1N1, too. It's pretty devastating. I was basically out of it for a week and it's taken me another week or two to finally get rid of the cough. Not really a reason to pull out of a fight that is greater than 1 month away, but at least there's no excuses this way. Thank God I hadn't bought my tix yet.
MiniMan
10/26/09 9:17:19PM
And this is why he should of drank his pee!

WrestleZone.com Says that he has had a Severe Flu for a month.... Which would mean No training...
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/26/09 10:27:45PM

Posted by Jackelope

I had H1N1, too.

I have it right now hurts to breathe , lungs crackle , stuffed nose , hot flashes , cold sweats , no appetite . I've lost 6 pounds in 3 days . I havent been this sick before and its been 4 + years since i was sick . Brutal bug .
submissionartist1
10/27/09 2:47:54AM
Carwin VS. Valasquez
godofdixie
10/27/09 3:26:46AM

the article said the illness was forcing lesnar to take days off during his training camp. brock then took an entire week off to try and beat the illness, but it wasn't enough to shake the sickness. sounds to me like he had something more than mere "sniffles", as you put it. sounds to me like you didn't bother reading the source before you posted
Pages: [1] 2