BREAKING NEWS: Heath Herring's UFC69 opponent( now confirmed)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » BREAKING NEWS: Heath Herring's UFC69 opponent( now confirmed)
ffforgottenx
2/17/07 11:55:18PM
hey guys, i dont have a link or a source to give you all for this one, but this came straight from the horses mouth..

i was at combat fighting championship 3 tonight here in orlando, and mr brad imes was fighting on the card.. after knocking his opponent out in about 20 seconds with a huge right knee from a thai clinch followed by three unprotected punches to the head, brad announced that he will be fighting in houston against heath herring.. take this is a rumor if you like, but that is straight from the mouth of brad imes..

imes vs herring, UFC69
hippysmacker
2/18/07 12:02:10AM
He's a huge guy, I hope Heath is healed and in shape this time. Otherwise this could be the beginning of the end for Heath, since Brad couldn't beat Rashad( who always should have been a lightheavy IMO). Sill, the militech guys claimed he was coming along well recently. Maybe Imes would beat him no matter what. However, I would really like Heath to return to form.
richieb19
2/18/07 12:04:15AM
Thats an interesting matchup, but I'll never bet against Herring, hes just the complete mma fighter.

Who was Imes fighting tonight?
aceprone
2/18/07 12:19:44AM
I think this is a great match up. Two guys that are willing to stand in front of each other and hit eachother faces. Can't go wrong with that!
Trapt1nw0nder
2/18/07 12:21:54AM
cool...Herring vs Imes will be a stand-up war!

these are the kinds of fights where Herring shines

Great info man!!....again

but if you're wrong.....you will pay

jk..
ffforgottenx
2/18/07 12:25:49AM

Posted by richieb19

Thats an interesting matchup, but I'll never bet against Herring, hes just the complete mma fighter.

Who was Imes fighting tonight?

he fought this guy named chris adams tonight.. the guy was 6'4, 265, but you could tell he was afraid of imes (it was only his 2nd pro fight).. he ducked one punch, went for a very sloppy shot, almost got caught in a guillotine, then imes switched to a thai clinch real quick and launched a right knee that crashed right into the guys head.. the guy hit the mat, imes came down on him with three more punches and the ref stopped it.. the guy was on the mat for a good couple minutes..

also saw luigi fioravanti there with paul rodriguez and seth petruzelli, they were cornering ben saunders (who won the CFC WW belt tonight) and all the other ATT Orlando fighters..

also, commentary was done by tj de santis and none other than pat miletich.. it was cool seeing pat in person
hathcock32
2/18/07 12:27:34AM
Sounds right....arent they both from Texas???
ffforgottenx
2/18/07 12:28:01AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

cool...Herring vs Imes will be a stand-up war!

these are the kinds of fights where Herring shines

Great info man!!....again

but if you're wrong.....you will pay

jk..

hahahaha

if im wrong dude its brad imes fault.. then we can both beat him with sticks like a dead horse haha
Reignofterror
2/18/07 12:59:40AM
Brad Imes was originally supposed to visit our gym for a seminar but got switched up with Pat Miletich who's coming on March 3 (can't wait ), anyways Brad has monster strength and has only been training in the sport for little over 2 years with no previous martial arts experience. Herring should definetly not underestimate Imes because he's in it to win it, and seems to have no quit. For those who have only seen his fights on TUF if you ever have the chance to catch him in WEC he's given some awesome fights, and has the similar mentality of Forrest Griffin, "Beat the crap out of me, Piss me off, and I'll come at you twice as hard".

Thanks for the heads up!
nate22
2/18/07 7:32:14AM
Heath has performed well in the past against the bigger guys, probably from training with his brother
Stickan
2/18/07 11:21:12AM
Should be a great fight and as previous poster mentioned Heath seems to do well against big fighters.

Hopefully Brad won't use his tackling abilities and bring the fight to the ground
dstlvb
2/18/07 11:33:09AM
LIkes the fact that Brad Imes is back. Always like the fact UFC broguth him in. Althletic big man. They needed to do exactly what they did with him, get him in and let him train some more before coming back. I still like Herring in that matchup.
jocksmall
2/18/07 12:28:38PM
wow great match. i have to believe heath will win but he must be in shape and no whining
SteedTheDeed
2/18/07 4:25:42PM
nothing with the hillbilly heartthrob is breaking news.
ffforgottenx
2/19/07 8:28:41AM

Posted by SteedTheDeed

wow.. good contribution.. thank you so much for posting that

Trapt1nw0nder
2/19/07 8:51:01AM

Posted by ffforgottenx

Posted by SteedTheDeed

wow.. good contribution.. thank you so much for posting that

madmarck
2/19/07 9:00:46AM
I duno about you guys but i can see thise being exactly like Imes vs Evans.
Heath won't be able to knock Brad out but will rock him a few times. Brad will probably push the pace but not be able to damage Herring.
I see this a win for Heath Herring by Uniamous Descision. and a pretty decent stand up just without KO's.
I dont think this is the right match up for Herring. If he loses this fight (which is very possible) it will be very hard to market him. He will have to fight a few no names to get his cred back.
But if Imes loses i don't see the UFC bringing him back soon. Then he will be 0-3 in the Octagon.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/19/07 10:05:03AM
i dont agree that it will be like Evans/Imes...Evans didnt have the power to knock Imes out and Herring does

but i still think Herrings weakness was exposed with the O'Brien fight so if Imes is getting dominated Imes can take it down to the mat

i think its pretty much a coin flip match-up
Pyrenus
2/19/07 10:40:43AM
This is perfect! I was hoping the UFC would match these two up.
DirtySouthBoss
2/19/07 12:59:32PM
If Herring loses his first two matches in a row it would be a huge dissapointment for the UFC and me.

I hope he didn't like that kiss soo much that he is more into loving than fighting
hippysmacker
2/19/07 2:33:08PM
Confirmed noe from MMAfighting. com

Brad Imes-Heath Herring added to UFC 69: Shootout
By MMAFighting.com on February 19, 2007

Brad Imes will seek his first UFC win when he faces the experienced Heath Herring on April 7th at UFC 69.

Imes, 3-2, is returning to the UFC after a one-year absence stemming from injuries to his elbow and his nose, both, which required surgery.

Herring, 26-12-1, is coming off a disappointing UFC debut in which he lost a three-round decision to Jake O’Brien. Herring was said to have fought with a torn MCL.

The UFC 69: Shootout card is nearly complete. Roger Huerta, who defeated John Halverson earlier this month, still needs an opponent.

WW: Georges St. Pierre vs. Matt Serra
WW: Diego Sanchez vs. Josh Koscheck
HW: Brad Imes vs. Heath Herring
MW: Thales Leites vs. Pete Sell
MW: Alan Belcher vs. Kendall Grove
WW: Marcus Davis vs. Pete Spratt
MW: Mike Swick vs. Yushin Okami
WW: Luke Cummo vs. Josh Haynes
LW: Roger Huerta vs. TBA
unchillphil
2/19/07 2:44:49PM
2 fighters who like to standup and have alot to prove in the UFC: who will win the battle of the Cowboy Hats?

From what I saw of Brad Imes, Heath Herring should take this easily. But if Imes improved and Heath is still on the downslope, then anything can happen.