*BREAKING NEWS* - Brett Favre asks Green Bay to be released!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » *BREAKING NEWS* - Brett Favre asks Green Bay to be released!
emfleek
7/11/08 4:50:16PM
HATTIESBURG, Miss. -- Three days after a conference call with Green Bay Packers team officials on Tuesday in which quarterback Brett Favre emphatically expressed his desire to play in 2008, Favre on Friday formally asked for his contractual release from the Packers in a letter, sources close to Favre and the team said.

STORY
misses1112
7/11/08 4:55:34PM
good for him, best wishes to him and familia
Twenty20Dollars
7/11/08 5:28:25PM
he's only going to tarnish his name if he plays somewhere. History doesnt lie, look at all the other players that have done it.

This will be bad for fans of the GB packers, like myself. Only good that comes of this is, if brett plays for a team and takes that team to the superbowl.
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/11/08 5:35:53PM
im big cowboys & favre fan so i hope he dont go to anyone in nfc east.....i'd hate to have to play him twice a year
eyeforeigneye
7/11/08 5:38:55PM
as long as he doesnt end up playing for the shitty homosexual Chiefs like Joe Montana did
(go Raiders)
chuckw94
7/11/08 6:13:06PM
come on brett sign with the bears.
cowcatcher
7/11/08 7:02:21PM
i died a little inside today
Twenty20Dollars
7/11/08 7:13:17PM

Posted by eyeforeigneye

as long as he doesnt end up playing for the shitty homosexual Chiefs like Joe Montana did
(go Raiders)

hey don't be dissin' on my home team.
emfleek
7/11/08 7:21:52PM

Posted by chuckw94

Won't happen. Chances are, they won't release him. They'll trade him.

And they won't trade him within the division.
npayant
7/11/08 7:39:02PM

Posted by chuckw94

Oh man... I'm praying for the Vikings!!!!

They could be an immediate contender...
juanez13
7/11/08 7:55:36PM
Hoping he goes to the Dolphins
DiabloFreak56
7/11/08 10:04:10PM
ROFL GREEN BAY JUST GOT WRECKED
DiabloFreak56
7/12/08 12:49:36AM
football is one of my favorite sports and i believe favre will not hurt his reputation by going to another team. he wants to win a championship i know for sure i wouldnt want to go away from the game as my last pass being an INT at home during a NFC Championship Game. IMO i see him going to the ravens and making that division and team that much better. i hope brett favre the best and i hope he does very well so he can shut up these haters right now
RMFG_187
7/12/08 12:51:03AM
Vikings
Seahawks
Bears

A source tells me those teams are interested.

but the question is, which one does Favre have the best chance on winning the SuperBowl with?

EDIT:

BTW, Bears would be the best fit for him, Vikings would be good with the new addition of Berrian, but I still think Favre won't win 1, last year was his best shot.
Pitbull09
7/12/08 1:08:53AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

he's only going to tarnish his name if he plays somewhere. History doesnt lie, look at all the other players that have done it.

This will be bad for fans of the GB packers, like myself. Only good that comes of this is, if brett plays for a team and takes that team to the superbowl.

Like where? Joe Montana went to the chiefs and when he played the 49ers, he was cheered in his old hometown stadium.

I think it can;t be seen as bad, there are teams who would love to have this guy. The only question now is where will he go. I'm guessing ravens though i wish it was the bears.
eyeforeigneye
7/12/08 3:20:17AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Posted by eyeforeigneye

(go Raiders)

hey don't be dissin' on my home team.

diss diss diss diss x 10

i was born to hate the Chiefs.. brotha, i hate them even more then the shittyass Broncos.. i cant help it. nothing personal of course
Scott_Revels
7/12/08 4:40:23AM
I'm sure Vince Young is nice enough to let him play second string on the Titans.. <-- I'm a fan, can't you tell?
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/12/08 8:56:52AM

Posted by RMFG_187

Vikings
Seahawks
Bears

but the question is, which one does Favre have the best chance on winning the SuperBowl with?

EDIT:

BTW, Bears would be the best fit for him, Vikings would be good with the new addition of Berrian, but I still think Favre won't win 1, last year was his best shot.

a source lol... is the poll on nfl.com your source? looks like it

anyways, he'd be a good fit for the vikes i think. still, if it happens...it's gonna be veeeery odd seeing iron brett in something else than packer green
urbman
7/12/08 11:22:02AM

Posted by RMFG_187

Vikings
Seahawks
Bears

EDIT:

I find it highly unlikely if favre went anywhere it would be to another team in his own division.
cowcatcher
7/12/08 3:03:09PM
the pack wont trade him to any team in the nfc, thats from the milwaukee journal sentinal today. this really sucks for the fans around here because its creating a divide between packer fans and favre fans. im a packer fan first and im disappointed that he has held the team hostage in the past and made them beg him to come back, and expects to do the same again now. i love brett favre, hes my favorite player, but this isnt fair to the fans, the franchise, and its making his legend lose some luster because the guy has been incredibly indecisive the past few years and it makes him look bad. i guess the best case scenario for me as a fan is that he decides to stay retired, or the packers give him the reins back and tell aaron rodgers its gonna be one more year before hes the starter. its funny how many people here in wisconsin have turned out to be favre fans and not fans of the pack itself, but i remember the forrest gregg coached teams that stunk up the mid 80s and i also remember that there werent nearly as many fans then as there are now. the bandwagon can get full when youre a winner.
Pookie
7/12/08 3:05:21PM
Anybody else realize this could have been the best rick roll in a long long time?
tdietel01
7/12/08 6:05:33PM
grandpa favre needs to give it up and stay retired!! how can he not play for greenbay?!?! its montana in K.C. all over again
urbman
7/13/08 12:06:42AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by chuckw94

Won't happen. Chances are, they won't release him. They'll trade him.

And they won't trade him within the division.

Thank You Very Much,they will trade him as far away as possible probably to the AFC if they can.

RMFG_187
7/16/08 3:34:46AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by RMFG_187

Vikings
Seahawks
Bears

EDIT:

a source lol... is the poll on nfl.com your source? looks like it

anyways, he'd be a good fit for the vikes i think. still, if it happens...it's gonna be veeeery odd seeing iron brett in something else than packer green

lol I find it funny that its the same list. no but I got it from a sports analyst for a Toronto Paper. lol I dont think I have ever been on NFL.com
Naturaldisaster
7/16/08 3:44:57AM
brett is one of my favorite players but its time for aaron rogers and Brian Brohm (LOUISVILLE CARDS BABY!) to step up.