Brazilian MMA Fans Welcome Chael Sonnen With 'Lynching' Facebook Event

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Brazilian MMA Fans Welcome Chael Sonnen With 'Lynching' Facebook Event
FastKnockout
8/20/11 4:08:01PM
It was bound to catch up with him. Chael Sonnen has been spouting off about Brazil for the past year and it seems that finally MMA fans have had enough. Over 2500 Brazilian fans have "RSVP'd" to a Facebook event called "Linchamento do Chael Sonnen" (English: Lynching of Chael Sonnen). The page has the following description:

"Guys, everyone is aware of what this insect has been spewing about Brazil, the fighters, of the people of this country, of our culture. I think we should give him a "warm welcome" when he comes to attend UFC Rio on the 27th, since Brazilians carries the fame of being sympathetic, hospitable, warm people, how about a big party for our friend Chael Sonnen?"

LINK
Chael_Sonnen
8/20/11 4:12:56PM
I bet almost every person who is in the Facebook group will be watching his next fight.
SmileR
8/20/11 4:50:24PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

I bet almost every person who is in the Facebook group will be watching his next fight.

Haha I was thinking the same thing... Probably all together on one TV because Brazilians are poor...

I've been reading too many of Chael's quotes!!
prophecy033
8/20/11 4:54:49PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Haha I was thinking the same thing... Probably all together on one TV because Brazilians are poor...

I've been reading too many of Chael's quotes!!

I have a feeling chael will keep his mouth shut on this one. If he's smart (still wondering about that my self) he will play nice in Rio. If not, he will find out what people in Brazil really want to do about his comments about their country
ncordless
8/20/11 5:13:56PM
Chael should personally sit in the teller booth and tell each person with a counterfeit ticket that they can't come in. That would be the ultimate troll job ever.
calitrees
8/20/11 5:31:19PM
chael will have soo many beers thrown on him in Rio.
FastKnockout
8/20/11 5:34:29PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

IF he makes it to his next fight. I have a feeling he won't be able to walk five feet without falling into a triangle.
grappler0000
8/20/11 5:39:45PM
I just checked out that Facebook page. The problem will be that some young MMA fans that don't get it's his alter ego and are unintentionally/intentionally following in Chael's footsteps and trolling on their wall. I see this causing a stir at some point.
prophecy033
8/20/11 5:44:18PM

Posted by grappler0000

I just checked out that Facebook page. The problem will be that some young MMA fans that don't get it's his alter ego and are unintentionally/intentionally following in Chael's footsteps and trolling on their wall. I see this causing a stir at some point.

JimiMak
8/20/11 5:52:53PM
Not only will they be watching, they'll tell all their friends to watch too. Can't wait for him to turn up the heat with his response.
Chael_Sonnen
8/20/11 7:06:55PM

Posted by ncordless

Chael should personally sit in the teller booth and tell each person with a counterfeit ticket that they can't come in. That would be the ultimate troll job ever.

Chael_Sonnen
8/20/11 7:14:46PM
Chael shouldn't worry at all, I mean the mob will wander towards the arena and they will pass a bus,and they all will want to find out if you really can feed a carrot to a bus and by the time they figure it out, Chael and co. would be done with the UFC event and be back in US.
Cooler
8/20/11 10:06:00PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

IF he makes it to his next fight. I have a feeling he won't be able to walk five feet without falling into a triangle.

Aether
8/20/11 10:41:08PM
I'm sure he will be booed aggressively and nothing else will happen.