How Brazil's 'Pimp My Ride' led Wagner Prado to UFC on FOX 4

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » How Brazil's 'Pimp My Ride' led Wagner Prado to UFC on FOX 4
DrivenDavies15
8/1/12 1:29:51PM
Wagner Prado's road to the UFC included a chance opportunity and a pimped-out 1975 Ford Maverick.

A promising MMA fighter who was light on funds, Prado purchased the beat-up clunker after a pair of early-career victories, but he didn't have the funds to fix it up.

So his mom wrote a letter to Luciano Huck – the host of a Brazilian variety show that includes a segment similar to MTV's "Pimp My Ride." Not only did Prado (7-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) eventually get a sweet ride, he was introduced to the training partners and MMA royalty who would help him get to the UFC.

LINK
prophecy033
8/1/12 3:30:40PM
That is a great story but I feel Davis is gonna put a bump in his story
prophecy033
8/1/12 3:31:03PM
Delete
frizzzlecake
8/1/12 3:40:37PM
I hope Wagner has better TDD than some other guys who went against Penn State wrasslin'. Penn Staters are really good at securing back mount.

Good story though, but what's Lil Nog going to tell Wagner? his double sucks, but his single is outstanding watch out for that?
Wallass
8/1/12 4:04:31PM
Awesome! In today's day and age, I love a story like this as dude made good of an opportunity given.
pmoney
8/1/12 5:08:54PM

Posted by Wallass

Awesome! In today's day and age, I love a story like this as dude made good of an opportunity given.

I love these stories too. I will always root for the person who came from nothing and worked hard for what they have.