Brandon Vera Signs New Six-Fight Deal

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Brandon Vera Signs New Six-Fight Deal
Next Page »
aznteabagger
8/19/07 11:28:09AM
UFC heavyweight Brandon Vera (8-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC), who will soon return to the organization after sitting out nearly a year due to issues with his former manager, has signed a new six-fight deal with the UFC.

LINK
brutalbones
8/19/07 11:45:51AM
IMO Vera could lose to almost everyone in the HW division right now. (yeah, I said it.)
JimiMak
8/19/07 12:24:09PM
i'm looking forward to it. he finally got towards the top and then didn't fight. the div has changed in the last year, but now we'll see how he really stacks up.
DMcCabe11
8/19/07 12:27:08PM
ya with such a deep division and such a long lay off i dont think Brandon will ever recover and will lose a couple of fight and never fight for a title
loonytnt
8/19/07 1:11:37PM
WOW i guess you guys never seen him fight?

this guy is a great figher,sure his not going be the champ in 4months but he does have the tools, he hits hard and is the fastest HW ive seen (yeah i said it) so i think he is going to do very well and it sounds like im not the only one because a six fight deal is a lot of fights so they most think he will do well to
xphycorx
8/19/07 2:35:56PM
i'm excited about vera. i like his fighting style.
cmill21
8/19/07 3:27:15PM

Posted by loonytnt

this guy is a great figher,sure his not going be the champ in 4months but he does have the tools, he hits hard and is the fastest HW ive seen (yeah i said it) so i think he is going to do very well and it sounds like im not the only one because a six fight deal is a lot of fights so they most think he will do well to

I've seen him fight sub par fighters...They say he's going to fight AA or Sylvia and IMO he'll lose to both of them.
Twenty20Dollars
8/19/07 3:32:02PM
I've watched one of his fights, he did not look impressive. I think he will more than likely lose againest top contenders in HW.
They should have Vera vs Eddie Sanchez. Eddie is pretty fast for a heavyweight good striker and vera is quick and good striker. To see which fighter is ready to fight the top contenders
jakeiceman
8/19/07 4:02:40PM
Yeah I'm not really all that excited about this news, like has been stated, he hasnt really fought any real competition, I have heard way too much hype about him, he should have taken his chance the first time he had it, the division is just too stacked now for him to really contend.
CwB
8/19/07 4:50:43PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I've watched one of his fights, he did not look impressive. I think he will more than likely lose againest top contenders in HW.
They should have Vera vs Eddie Sanchez. Eddie is pretty fast for a heavyweight good striker and vera is quick and good striker. To see which fighter is ready to fight the top contenders

We all ready know that sanchez isnt ready to fight top contenders - He ran from mirko- if you want to give him another fighter to see who gets to fight top comp first it should be jake Obrian.

But i think he desersves to fight Big Tim or AA. since he was going to fight big Tim in march before all of his management issues. I am hoping for AA. so AA can demolish him.

WAR AA
Chris_Keppel
8/19/07 4:57:29PM
I think he is one of those fighters who are a guys stepping stone. He should drop to 205, but he'll still get demolished by the top fighters in that division too.

I could see him getting picked off by Sylvia KO'ed by Arlovski, then dropping to 205 to fight Arona, who beats him on his debut lol... stepping stone (yeah, I said it haha. )
cmill21
8/19/07 5:33:30PM
I'd be more excited if the UFC said they signed Thompson. Atleast his stardowns exciting.
TOMMYAYO05
8/19/07 5:37:10PM
Vera is the ******* real deal and whoever thinks he is going to be a stepping stone or that him and EDDIE SANCHEZ would be a good fightreally needs to watch more mma or really just more brandon vera,im not calling noone out im just saying look up all his fights. here would be the outcome imo against top hw competition
Vera vs Gonzaga=Vera
Vera vs Coutur=Vera
Vera vs Crocop=Crocop
Vera vs Nog=i really dont know
Vera vs Arvloski=Arvloski
Vera vs Fedor=Fedor
Vera vs Hunt=Vera
Vera vs Hearring-Vera
So obviously in my eyes he is no stepping stone but thats just my opinion.
brutalbones
8/19/07 5:37:37PM

Posted by loonytnt

Fastest HW?! Obviously you never seen AA fight. Vera will get wrecked by every top fighter in the HW division except maybe Sylvia.
jay98107
8/19/07 5:56:26PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Vera is the ******* real deal and whoever thinks he is going to be a stepping stone or that him and EDDIE SANCHEZ would be a good fightreally needs to watch more mma or really just more brandon vera,im not calling noone out im just saying look up all his fights. here would be the outcome imo against top hw competition
Vera vs Gonzaga=Vera
Vera vs Coutur=Vera
Vera vs Crocop=Crocop
Vera vs Fedor=Fedor
Vera vs Hunt=Vera
Vera vs Hearring-Vera

Vera vs. Nog = Nog

Vera vs. Hunt = Hunt
TOMMYAYO05
8/19/07 6:01:13PM

Posted by brutalbones

Posted by loonytnt

Fastest HW?! Obviously you never seen AA fight. Vera will get wrecked by every top fighter in the HW division except maybe Sylvia.

Yeah i do agree with you aa is definetley the fastest either him or fedor,but to jay i think he can beat hunt but like i said vera-nog would be good but yeah i would have to go with nog.
loonytnt
8/19/07 6:12:50PM
hmm idk AA is fast at stand up ok but vera would tap him out on the ground vera faster on the ground vera is fast standin to so i have to say vera is still faster allaround

lol i know ppl are hatein on vera but i would like you all to see him fight first, oh and has he lost yet?
TOMMYAYO05
8/19/07 6:18:29PM

Posted by loonytnt

hmm idk AA is fast at stand up ok but vera would tap him out on the ground vera faster on the ground vera is fast standin to so i have to say vera is still faster allaround

lol i know ppl are hatein on vera but i would like you all to see him fight first, oh and has he lost yet?

No im not hatein on Vera i belive he will do well and yes he is undefeated.
peachfuzzz1305
8/19/07 6:26:42PM
I think Brandon will hold the title in about 1 year

Twenty20Dollars
8/19/07 6:27:50PM
I would mind seeing Vera drop down to heavyweight, looks alittle small for HW. Well whoever he fights its either put up or shut up. about this guy
loonytnt
8/19/07 6:38:27PM
light HW? i think what you meant, and yeah i think he should to but i think he will if he becomes the HW champ bc his talked about holdin both at the same time (lol idk about that tho if he does that i got a new fav fighter)
cmill21
8/19/07 7:16:13PM
My god, he's fast? How long does it take for Mirko's leg to arrive at peoples heads? Because thats how that fight ends. I hate AA but he would kill vera, I think randy would probly beat him, I have Nog subbing him in under 4 mins, Fedor would probly beat up his whole family. He's going to be a gate keeper unless he gets a very easy road to a title. I really don't see how beating Mir in the state he's in now warrents all this hype?
peachfuzzz1305
8/19/07 7:49:08PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Vera vs Gonzaga=Vera
Vera vs Coutur=Vera
Vera vs Crocop=Crocop
Vera vs Fedor=Fedor
Vera vs Hunt=Vera
Vera vs Hearring-Vera

Except I think that Vera could submit Andrei

Porch28
8/19/07 7:53:23PM

Posted by brutalbones

IMO Vera could lose to almost everyone in the HW division right now. (yeah, I said it.)

You were drunk when you posted this right?????
brutalbones
8/19/07 8:28:41PM

Posted by Porch28

Posted by brutalbones

You were drunk when you posted this right?????

Proabably. I should have put he would lose to everyone in title contention. AA, Couture, Cro Cop, Gonzaga, Sylvia, etc.

List of people Vera has beat:

Frank Mir
Assuerio Silva
Justin Eilers
Fabiano Scherner
Mike Whitehead
Andre Mussi
Don Richard
Adam Rivera

All "B" class fighters at best. Vera is going to have to beat at least Sylvia (weakest of the "A" class fighters) for me to pay him any attention.
Porch28
8/19/07 8:44:06PM
They may be B class but Vera destroyed them like any A class fighter should. He will be Champ for a long time!!!!!!!
Blizzard
8/19/07 8:45:56PM
Vera is a good all around fighter, but I belive that he would be better off fighting at 205, but even then I don't see him getting close to the title.
loonytnt
8/19/07 10:18:22PM
i cant wait to see vera start killing it in the HW div. he has no losses and still ppl think he is no good come on i see vera taping CC out to sry to say it but he would
jakeiceman
8/20/07 1:38:06AM
Ha ha were you being serious? I couldnt tell.....he wont get past Sylvia and you think he would whoop on Randy? WTF?
cmill21
8/20/07 1:58:44AM

Posted by loonytnt

i cant wait to see vera start killing it in the HW div. he has no losses and still ppl think he is no good come on i see vera taping CC out to sry to say it but he would

He woulden't get close enough to "tap him". Mirko's beat the cream of the HW crop, Vera's beat Frank Mir, who is nothing like he once was. Sorry man until vera beats someone like AA or Sylvia, hell I'd settle for Werdum.
Pages: [1] 2