Brandon Vera at LHW

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Brandon Vera at LHW
imanidiot777
7/18/08 8:35:20PM
I didn't realize his fight with Andy was going to be at 205 lbs. I think he could be amazing at LHW. What do you think?
juanez13
7/18/08 8:42:06PM
He could do very well, but seems like his heart still at HW. He said he still planing to take the HW belt, so i dont think he'll stay permanently at LHW, he said he is looking to bounce back and forth between these 2 weight classes, which i dont think the UFC will let him do, so he'll have to settle for either one.
MFOTHER
7/18/08 8:50:30PM
i honestly think he's just trying to get a win under his belt. He was supposed to be the second comming, but then suffered two back to back losses. He claims he wants the werdum rematch, and HW belt...but we will see what weight he likes/ stays at. People have been talkin about him dropping weight for a LONG time now...it'll be nice to see what happens ....

i just thought it was funny when he tried to say soukojou was ducking him, when he didnt take the fight. Therri then came back and said he was on vacation , and that it was vera who turned down a fight with machida, wanderlei, etc.
TWITA
7/18/08 9:13:05PM

Posted by MFOTHER

i honestly think he's just trying to get a win under his belt. He was supposed to be the second comming, but then suffered two back to back losses. He claims he wants the werdum rematch, and HW belt...but we will see what weight he likes/ stays at. People have been talkin about him dropping weight for a LONG time now...it'll be nice to see what happens ....

i just thought it was funny when he tried to say soukojou was ducking him, when he didnt take the fight. Therri then came back and said he was on vacation , and that it was vera who turned down a fight with machida, wanderlei, etc.

Wanderlei, Soukdjou and Dan Henderson - all opted not to take the fight with Vera. None of them thought they had enough time to prepare for this UFN. Vera was offered a fight with Machida which he turned down for the same reasons. No one wants to take a fight with Machida on a 6 week notice.
Mchubb316
7/18/08 10:18:58PM
Vera could do well at LHW. I do think though that there are too many fighters that he will not be able to beat, to become champion. I very well could be wrong, but I just don't see him beating the top level guys. I hope he gets back to winning and improving and goes back to HW, that is where the UFC needs the talent.
loonytnt
7/18/08 10:53:59PM
vera at lhw is cool but i think HW will be his home
seanfu
7/18/08 11:19:24PM
At LHW his speed, agility, athleticism, and coordination aren't there. Plus after cutting 10 to 20 pounds his epic performances (coming back/energy to finish) just might not be there the same way it made him special at HW. The UFC has a lot to lose if Vera tries to stay at LHW anyway cause the division is so weak.

Amazing no.
punkstrings
7/18/08 11:22:33PM
One aspect that we must evaluate on ufn is his speed at lhw. This has been one of his best attributes at HW.
MFOTHER
7/19/08 12:16:53AM

Posted by TWITA

Posted by MFOTHER

Wanderlei, Soukdjou and Dan Henderson - all opted not to take the fight with Vera. None of them thought they had enough time to prepare for this UFN. Vera was offered a fight with Machida which he turned down for the same reasons. No one wants to take a fight with Machida on a 6 week notice.

i think you read me wrong, i was just paraphrasing what i read Sokoudjou said in an interview. I have been reading all the back and forths about who was and wasn't fighting at the FN and why
I also dont blame him for not fighting machica. Its his first 205 fight , machida is a top ranked competitor, who noone wants to fight right now. etc. etc.
i just thought what vera said about Sokoudjou was funny.....im going to check for the interview
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/19/08 1:51:56AM
Brandon will be a monster at lHW. I expect a lot of wow vera threads sunday.
Pitbull09
7/19/08 2:01:42AM
I think he shoudve started here but he is stubborn and wanted to to fight at HW. Hopefulyl he will see results there and stay.
mrkennedy
7/19/08 2:17:33AM
more natural weightclass for him
fonduktoe
7/19/08 4:23:48AM
vera will kick ass at this weight class
the last thing the lhw division needs is another contender but it does look like his natural weight class
looks like a good time to be a hw in the ufc cause 1 fight =title shot (cough*mir*cough)
tylerlee123
7/20/08 7:28:31PM
With time Vera will be a force, he is far better off at light heavy
MoJoy
7/20/08 9:45:10PM
I think hes great at both.
GrizzlyChadams
7/20/08 9:48:37PM
He'll do very well at LHW. Just a slow start, but then again it was his first time dropping weight for 205 and on short notice.