Brandon Vera Bandwagon

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Brandon Vera Bandwagon
infestructure
7/23/12 4:07:24AM
Ok, I'm bored, so I'm starting up the Brandon Vera Bandwagon.

I hope I'm not his ONLY fan I actually believed him when he said he would be next champ, now he's almost embarrassing at big Timmay's level.
Many think he beat Couture, and his fights with Sozynski and Mir are good wins.
A roided Thiago Silva is not a good match-up for anyone, and Jon Jones is a freak. So maybe he isn't sucking as badly as everyone thinks.

Anyone with me? Or am I just as deluded as Vera? :
State_Champ
7/23/12 6:55:07AM
Brandon Vera Bandwagon?

Budgellism
7/23/12 7:00:05AM
Sorry man, I can't get behind you on this one.

Shogun FTW
infestructure
7/23/12 7:00:55AM
You don't have to be cruel bro. You won't be ROFLing when Vera smashes Jones in the rematch I'm not being serious. But I can dream, cant I?
george112
7/23/12 7:15:17AM
If he'd change out of that muy thai style then maybe
aussiemma
7/23/12 9:06:36AM

Posted by infestructure

I hope I'm not his ONLY fan I actually believed him when he said he would be next champ, now he's almost embarrassing at big Timmay's level.
A roided Thiago Silva is not a good match-up for anyone, and Jon Jones is a freak. So maybe he isn't sucking as badly as everyone thinks.

did you believe him when he said that he would hold the lhw and hw belts at the same time ?
i was a fan but he just looks so weak and fragile compared to all the rest of the 205 guys. he does have good kicks and knees but he has no punching power and is unable to pull the trigger. he's been barely hanging on being in the ufc the past few years.
airkerma
7/23/12 10:46:20AM

Posted by infestructure

You don't have to be cruel bro. You won't be ROFLing when Vera smashes Jones in the rematch I'm not being serious. But I can dream, cant I?

Idk about that man, I think everyone not Jon Jones and Greg Jackson would be ROFLing if Vera smashed Jones. That would be when I look at my beer and really consider cutting it out of my diet as it has clearly altered reality.
Chael_Sonnen
7/23/12 11:32:21AM
Vera will HUMILIATE Sho-pistol (The Voice of Reason is in session, kids)

Hua hand picks his opponents more than a nation full of Ed Soares at a ass chapped convention for ROSETTA STONE.
prophecy033
7/23/12 11:54:42AM
I've never been a passenger on that wagon
prozacnation1978
7/23/12 12:45:17PM
I jumped off a few years back after he totally disrespected a friend of mine at a Ufc event
Franklinfan47
7/23/12 1:20:48PM
Joe Silva usually makes some pretty good, even, match-ups.

This is not one of them.
FastKnockout
7/23/12 3:13:03PM

Posted by prophecy033

I've never been a passenger on that wagon

This.
lohmann
7/23/12 4:11:10PM
This used to be the biggest bandwagon in MMA.

Vera probably will not be victorious against Shogun, but his record as a light heavyweight involves losing one competitive decision, one outright wrong decision, once against an opponent whose urine was suspiciously inhuman and to the best light heavyweight ever. Definitely not as bad as his record suggests.
frizzzlecake
7/23/12 5:18:36PM
WAR VERA

He gave us a great Frank mir face!

Just kidding
infestructure
7/23/12 7:34:47PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I jumped off a few years back after he totally disrespected a friend of mine at a Ufc event

Yeah I don't like his up himself personality. But hopefully Jones and Thiago beat some humility into him. I still don't think he deserves to be a +680 dog.

How did he disrespect your friend?

Oh and for the record Aussiemma...

did you believe him when he said that he would hold the lhw and hw belts at the same time ?
No, I thought LHW was possible.
babalu46
7/23/12 7:54:05PM
I was a member of this bandwagon and i'm still kind of on it but it's because I want to believe in him more than anything lol

I expect him to get beat by Rua but possibly put on a good show and gain some respect back from the fans.
infestructure
7/23/12 8:07:21PM
If he KO's Rua, where will that put him in the ranks?
State_Champ
7/23/12 8:53:29PM

Posted by infestructure

I apologize.
Bubbles
7/24/12 12:21:28AM

Posted by infestructure

bjj1605
7/24/12 12:31:53AM

Posted by infestructure

I used to be a big fan of his. I still think he's a good well rounded fighter with some potential. He just needs to get his head right and get his aggression back.

You're definitely not his only fan though. My girlfriend loves the guy for some reason.
hotrodttt
7/24/12 5:57:13AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by infestructure

C'mon Bubbles, seriously? Let's give him the benefit of the doubt... #37
OctagonOnly_com
7/24/12 7:30:10PM
I think if Vera wins it has to rank his as #1.............upset of the year so far!

To be fair to Vera though, he's really only been outclassed by Jones (not counting Silva's roid-induced beat down) since his defeat to Werdum back in 2008. Yes since then he has lost to Jardine and Couture, but they were both close fights, and I actually thought he got screwed in his fight against Randy.

However, I'm not the biggest Vera fan due to the fact you never know what fighter is going to show up, and with that said, I don't see the best Brandon Vera even beating the Shogun that showed up against Forrest Griffin the first time round.
shaneTpain
7/24/12 7:45:48PM
ive been on the wagon since he promised he was gonna win two belts... then i fell off the wagon when thiago silva played his head like a bongo..
but if he wins i would faint. UPSET of the CENTURY
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Cooler
7/24/12 9:17:18PM
Vera hasn't had a bandwagon since 2008-ish this is surprising I wish you luck TS

Never the less, I really want Shogun to win in impressive fashion.
SpiderSilva
8/4/12 12:00:31PM
This just in. I found the Vera Warwagon!!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
hymiekooken
8/4/12 1:25:50PM
Shogun by absolutely horrendous beatdown in rd 1.
prozacnation1978
8/6/12 9:08:31PM
Was updating my live fight pages today
Didn't realize that I have now seen vera fight 5 times live. Seen machida now 4 times live. Machida is 4-0 in live fights.

Saw vera fight. Pratt, thiago silva, the polish experiment. Shogun and Elliot Marshall
BustedKnuckle
8/7/12 6:20:52PM
I have to admit the Vera suprised me....as well as Shogun i bet. He definatly prepared and threw down Saturday night!
SpiderSilva
8/7/12 10:12:54PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Was updating my live fight pages today
Didn't realize that I have now seen vera fight 5 times live. Seen machida now 4 times live. Machida is 4-0 in live fights.

Saw vera fight. Pratt, thiago silva, the polish experiment. Shogun and Elliot Marshall

I seen Jon Jones almost kill vera live.