Brandon Vera: 'F*** you Brian Stann'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Brandon Vera: 'F*** you Brian Stann'
FastKnockout
8/4/13 11:27:01AM
UFC fighter Brandon Vera was not impressed with Brian Stann's color commentary during the UFC 163 co-main event bout featuring Vera's teammate Phil Davis.

Link
FastKnockout
8/4/13 11:36:37AM
Stann didn't seem biased to me. He just thought Machida was winning, like the majority of the MMA community.

If anything, Vera is the one acting biased toward his teammate.
pmoney
8/4/13 12:29:14PM
Is retirement going to end prematurely for The All American?!
DrivenDavies15
8/4/13 12:54:36PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Stann didn't seem biased to me. He just thought Machida was winning, like the majority of the MMA community.

If anything, Vera is the one acting biased toward his teammate.

jae_1833
8/4/13 1:14:38PM
I think Vera may just be trying to pick a fight with a retired MW. Not very biased, I thought he just called it how we all saw it. An uneventful fight that had Machida outscoring Davis just a little bit.
prophecy033
8/4/13 1:42:37PM
No No.....Fuck YOU Brandon Vera

Machida won that fight in most peoples eyes and he too fucking biased to see that.
prozacnation1978
8/4/13 2:20:11PM
Vera needs to worry about big Ben.
Think its a mistake to go back up to heavyweight
quezocrema0032
8/4/13 2:40:50PM
I actually disagree with most of you, I don't think most of the mma community thinks Machida won; I actually think its pretty evenly split. Look at the mmafighting.com recap of pro fighters tweets thru out the night. All of them said it could have gone either way but about half had mr Wonderful winning. Plus sherdogs fight stats had Davis landing a few more significant strikes then machida in every round but the 3rd. I don't think we have much to judge in the first 2 rounds except Phil's takedowns, & I certainly don't think it was a robbery either way. Like phil said when you let it go the judge's you can't complain, these guys know the game. Props to Phil for rising to the occasion.

& as far as Vera goes I think Stann did a great job & didn't come across bias to me at all.
RhythmAndStyle
8/4/13 2:50:41PM

Posted by quezocrema0032

I actually disagree with most of you, I don't think most of the mma community thinks Machida won; I actually think its pretty evenly split. Look at the mmafighting.com recap of pro fighters tweets thru out the night. All of them said it could have gone either way but about half had mr Wonderful winning. Plus sherdogs fight stats had Davis landing a few more significant strikes then machida in every round but the 3rd. I don't think we have much to judge in the first 2 rounds except Phil's takedowns, & I certainly don't think it was a robbery either way. Like phil said when you let it go the judge's you can't complain, these guys know the game. Props to Phil for rising to the occasion.

& as far as Vera goes I think Stann did a great job & didn't come across bias to me at all.

but Sherdog has Machida winning every round also..FightMetric has Machida landing more significant strikes then Davis...but i really like what Davis said 'when you let it go the judge's you can't complain'..just like the last event has 30-27 Daron 30-27 Edwards..like wtf?..i'm done complaining bout the scoring and judges..old news that wont ever change..
bjj1605
8/4/13 3:10:30PM

Posted by quezocrema0032

I actually disagree with most of you, I don't think most of the mma community thinks Machida won;

Then you are unquestionably and objectively wrong.

Lemme show you why with a post from another thread:

Posted by Budgellism

I think this list sums it up nicely. Here's a list of mma sites and figures and how they scored the fight.

Sherdog play by play 30-27 Machida
Dana White 30-27 Machida
Cage Potato 30-27 Machida
Fightmetric 30-27 Machida
Bleacher Report 29-28 Machida
MMA weekly 30-27 Machida
MMA Junkie 30-27 Machida
Sports Illustrated 30-27 Machida
MMAfighting.com 29-28 Machida
MMA frenzy 29-28 Machida
Fighters.com 30-27 Machida
MMA Linker 30-27 Machida
5thround 30-27 Machida
MMA convert 30-27 Machida
MMA rising 30-27 Machida
Insidefights.com 29-28 Machida
MMA rising 30-27 Machida
Middle easy Machida
Fightofthenight.com Machida
MMA torch 30-27 Machida
Pro MMA Now 30-27 Machida
MMA Kanvas 29-28
FOX Sports 29-28 Machida
Bloodyelbow 30-27 Machida

There is no way in hell Phil Davis won that fight. Honestly I think its a stretch to say he won a single round.
quezocrema0032
8/4/13 3:41:24PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by quezocrema0032

I actually disagree with most of you, I don't think most of the mma community thinks Machida won;

Posted by Budgellism

I think this list sums it up nicely. Here's a list of mma sites and figures and how they scored the fight.

Dana White 30-27 Machida
MMA weekly 30-27 Machida
MMA Junkie 30-27 Machida
MMA frenzy 29-28 Machida
MMA Linker 30-27 Machida
5thround 30-27 Machida
MMA rising 30-27 Machida
MMA rising 30-27 Machida
Middle easy Machida
MMA torch 30-27 Machida
MMA Kanvas 29-28
FOX Sports 29-28 Machida

There is no way in hell Phil Davis won that fight. Honestly I think its a stretch to say he won a single round.

I'm sorry but with today's horrible mma journalism & even worse judging I rank what fighters & their scorecards say higher then these websites. & a lot of the pro's who include credible people like Kenny Florian, Daniel Cormier, Mike Thomas Brown, & according to Florian the Brazilian commentating team also had it for mr wonderful. I have a hard time getting rallied up feeling bad for Machida if the guy didn't pull the trigger the whole fight aside from that first round flurry that was quickly countered by a strong takedown from Phil. All I'm saying is I don't see what Machida did other then stuff take downs, but hell if Shields beat Woodly going 0 for 18 you have to reward Phil for landing 2 of them to close rounds out. & I know fight stats vary from site to site but all the stats I saw had both fighters not landing much in any round. I'm glad fighters & the judges rewarded the guy who was out there trying to make something happen.

I think Phil deserved the win. No title shot for mr Machida
DeadHead988
8/4/13 3:57:32PM
So uncalled for. Vera's always talking out of his ass, can anyone here actually tolerate this guy?
Webbie
8/4/13 4:30:35PM
Vera's not even relevant. Fuck that bum.

Seriously, fights like these are the reason I've lost a lot of my interest in MMA. The judging has been unbelievably horrible ever since I started watching the sport several years ago, and it hasn't changed at all. I used to never miss a fight (main card/prelims/anything), I used to record every single fight and watch them all multiple times intentively because I was that passionate about the sport.

I lost that passion for the sport at some point, and fights like these are the reason. It makes zero sense that Phil Davis was awarded that fight, and I honestly rank that robbery right up there will Bisping/Hamill, Wanderlei/Hunt and all of the other most ridiculous robberies in the history of the sport.

At the end of the third round Davis was bloodied up and clearly beaten, whereas Machida didn't have a scratch on him, but these judges are trying to tell us that the guy who received all of the damage is the winner? GTFO.

From here on out I doubt I watch much MMA anymore.
Chael_Sonnen
8/4/13 4:32:07PM
Hmmmm, I'm assuming Vera still hasn't removed Thiago Silva's penis from his arse yet.....

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Brian Stann for State Senate
Shawn91111
8/4/13 5:00:36PM
nm
Webbie
8/4/13 5:07:11PM
I saw your post, but I still disagree with you.

Outstruck Machida? C'mon Shawn.
sbulldavid
8/4/13 8:24:57PM
This is a joke, who cares I don't care because Machida used to get the nod for doing nothing and we would have a fit, now he gets his justice and everybody is in an uproar.
Budgellism
8/5/13 1:04:35AM
Can he just be cut already?
lll-lll
8/5/13 8:56:56AM
I didn't even know half of them sites scored fights. Mmalinker scores fights?
lll-lll
8/5/13 9:19:11AM
BTW the only thing fights like these make me hate are other MMA fans. Of course you've always got the "know it alls" who always think the ENTIRE MMA COMMUNITY agrees with them. No way could any human being score a fight opposite their opinion. They of course discredit any other person who disagrees with their opinion (including judges, fighters and other fans).

I find it funny that in all of the time I've been watching MMA, only once have I truly been shocked that anyone disagreed with my opinion to the outcome of a fight. -GUIDA VS MAYNARD- Even then once I saw the amount of people who saw it in favor of Guida (which befuddled me) it reminded me how differently people can see a fight. It also reminded me how pointless it is to even try and sway someone else's opinion.
bjj1605
8/5/13 12:46:17PM

Posted by lll-lll

BTW the only thing fights like these make me hate are other MMA fans. Of course you've always got the "know it alls" who always think the ENTIRE MMA COMMUNITY agrees with them. No way could any human being score a fight opposite their opinion. They of course discredit any other person who disagrees with their opinion (including judges, fighters and other fans).

I find it funny that in all of the time I've been watching MMA, only once have I truly been shocked that anyone disagreed with my opinion to the outcome of a fight. -GUIDA VS MAYNARD- Even then once I saw the amount of people who saw it in favor of Guida (which befuddled me) it reminded me how differently people can see a fight. It also reminded me how pointless it is to even try and sway someone else's opinion.

By no means am I saying that I represent the entire community. The question was whether "the majority of the community thinks Machida won the fight." Objectively and factually, the majority of the MMA community does think Machida won.
machodog76
8/5/13 3:23:47PM
I scored the first 2 for Phil and the 3rd for Machida. It was very close in my opinion and I think you could make a case for either guy but it was not a robbery by any means. I gave Phil the 1rst 2nd rounds based on the late take downs and minimal ground and pound. Machida did next to nothing offensive for most of the fight, sure he had some decent counters and one good looking flurry but Phil was landing a lot of punches that Stann and Goldberg weren’t mentioning and pressing the action the entire fight.

infestructure
8/5/13 6:27:26PM

Posted by quezocrema0032

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by quezocrema0032

Posted by Budgellism

Dana White 30-27 Machida
MMA weekly 30-27 Machida
MMA Junkie 30-27 Machida
MMA frenzy 29-28 Machida
MMA Linker 30-27 Machida
5thround 30-27 Machida
MMA rising 30-27 Machida
MMA rising 30-27 Machida
Middle easy Machida
MMA torch 30-27 Machida
MMA Kanvas 29-28
FOX Sports 29-28 Machida

I'm sorry but with today's horrible mma journalism & even worse judging I rank what fighters & their scorecards say higher then these websites. & a lot of the pro's who include credible people like Kenny Florian, Daniel Cormier, Mike Thomas Brown, & according to Florian the Brazilian commentating team also had it for mr wonderful. I have a hard time getting rallied up feeling bad for Machida if the guy didn't pull the trigger the whole fight aside from that first round flurry that was quickly countered by a strong takedown from Phil. All I'm saying is I don't see what Machida did other then stuff take downs, but hell if Shields beat Woodly going 0 for 18 you have to reward Phil for landing 2 of them to close rounds out. & I know fight stats vary from site to site but all the stats I saw had both fighters not landing much in any round. I'm glad fighters & the judges rewarded the guy who was out there trying to make something happen.

I think Phil deserved the win. No title shot for mr Machida

I wish I could negatively vote your comment down. You are saying you trust 3 judges opinion more than the entire journalistic MMA community. The only people who say Davis won either dislike Machida or are wrestlers. Davis was not "trying to make something happen" any more than Machida. They were both playing their respective games they always play, and the judges screwed the pooch on this one.

You will see when Davis remains below Machida in the UFC rankings.