Brandao vs Gambino (No spoiler)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Brandao vs Gambino (No spoiler)
NE-1
10/13/12 9:04:50PM
In the 3rd round at 2:39 Brandao is in Gambino's guard with him pressed up against the cage and Brandao says to him "I'm gonna kill you". Anyone else hear this?

I realize crap like this probably happens all the time, but it bothered me. LOL (it's funny because him punching him in the face was totally cool, but don't say you're gonna kill him)
SpiderSilva
10/13/12 9:08:12PM
why not?
NE-1
10/13/12 9:15:42PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

why not?

It probably stems from when I used to train and fight I would do it out of enjoying competition, the goal wasn't to kill my opponent. Hurting them was an externality or a cause and effect from the competition.

Also, it's in poor taste to make statements like that. It makes it more savage as opposed to being a sport. That's my two cents anyway. I am not trying to make a big deal out of this.
grappler0000
10/13/12 10:05:28PM
The use of abusive language in the fighting area is actually a foul under the unified rules. I guess there is always room for debate over what is considered "abusive" though.
hashyandy4
10/14/12 12:41:33AM

Posted by NE-1

In the 3rd round at 2:39 Brandao is in Gambino's guard with him pressed up against the cage and Brandao says to him "I'm gonna kill you". Anyone else hear this?

I realize crap like this probably happens all the time, but it bothered me. LOL (it's funny because him punching him in the face was totally cool, but don't say you're gonna kill him)

Ha, i didnt hear that. I did hear Reza Medadi tell Marcello "Get Up Bitch" then aploigized 2 the ref. By the way, Medadi got robbed
FastKnockout
10/14/12 1:17:27AM
Brandao is a lose cannon. We figured that out back on TUF. Brazil's mental aggression is 10x worse than our's.
FlashyG
10/14/12 1:33:24AM

Posted by FastKnockout

Brandao is a lose cannon. We figured that out back on TUF. Brazil's mental aggression is 10x worse than our's.

Really? Need I remind you of Junie Browning and War Machine.

North American's have their fair share of unhinged fighters as well.
FastKnockout
10/14/12 1:36:08AM

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by FastKnockout

Really? Need I remind you of Junie Browning and War Machine.

North American's have their fair share of unhinged fighters as well.

True.
prozacnation1978
10/14/12 10:08:27AM
I say it to people and I don't even fight.