Brad Imes Posts Second Submission Win via Gogoplata

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Brad Imes Posts Second Submission Win via Gogoplata
madmarck
10/29/07 3:12:59PM
For the second time in two fights, “The Ultimate Fighter 2” heavyweight runner-up Brad Imes (9-3 MMA, 0-3 UFC) has posted a victory with a rare gogoplata submission.

MMAjunkie
All i can say is, nice.
Who woulda thought someone that big would be that flexible.
EvilScott
10/29/07 3:32:56PM
As another grappler with long legs, let me add that gogos are really easy with long legs. The trick is to get it at an angle.

edit: Not saying there shouldn't be mad props to Imes - there should.
wrona666
10/29/07 4:02:39PM
For a heavyweight to pull off a gogo two fights in a row that is pretty impressive.......
DCRage
10/29/07 4:20:07PM
I was tempted to come up with some kind of "go go gogoplata" joke kinda like Inspector Gadget) when I read this, it's sort fo becoming a trademark for Imes. Nice to see him doing well while he's away from UFC.
Wolf
10/29/07 4:22:28PM

Posted by madmarck

It actually makes it easier to pull off sometimes. I'm 6'2'' and 230 lbs. I've pulled off gogo's on people at the gym a couple of times simply because they don't expect a guy my size to be able to do it. So they don't try to defend it until it's too late.
madmarck
10/29/07 7:55:52PM

Posted by Wolf

Posted by madmarck

It actually makes it easier to pull off sometimes. I'm 6'2'' and 230 lbs. I've pulled off gogo's on people at the gym a couple of times simply because they don't expect a guy my size to be able to do it. So they don't try to defend it until it's too late.

I only ever got one against a much skinnyer and less expericned guy.
Khaos
10/30/07 3:18:43AM
all I can say is that's pretty impressive

I also hope the rumors that he's gonna Fight Brock Lesnar are true, I think he'd win that fight(maybe even with another gogoplata)
CornishMMA
10/30/07 7:35:59AM
Errm ok ...................... WTF Brad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get the guy back in the UFC, he is the HW prodigy with so much potential, with very little experience when he was there, and then he had to fight tough guys like Herring, get him back in to fight Frank Mir i say, or Lesnar!
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/30/07 9:07:35AM
I love that F*cking move!!!