Brace yourselves...

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Brace yourselves...
Jackelope
9/1/08 7:26:48PM
I'm watching Never Back Down for the first time right now. If the first 15 minutes are anything to go by I may need to go on a murderous rampage soon
SmileR
9/1/08 7:30:34PM
You'll be on a rampage soon enough.... Seriously man, switch it off. I watched it with my girlfriend and the highlight of the movie for me was when we paused for the take away guy. I got bored and came on her she watched it through and all she had to say at the end was "That bad guy was hot!".
Twenty20Dollars
9/1/08 7:32:39PM
Im suprised they actually did submissions in the movie
grappler0000
9/1/08 7:49:42PM

Posted by SmileR

You'll be on a rampage soon enough.... Seriously man, switch it off. I watched it with my girlfriend and the highlight of the movie for me was when we paused for the take away guy. I got bored and came on her she watched it through and all she had to say at the end was "That guy was was bad is hot!".

tdietel01
9/1/08 7:52:57PM
i thought the movie was good. i know the fight scenes were a little van damish. and i realize he wouldnt ever actually win the fight..... But all in all it wasnt the worst movie ever
nastshabast
9/1/08 7:53:27PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by SmileR

You'll be on a rampage soon enough.... Seriously man, switch it off. I watched it with my girlfriend and the highlight of the movie for me was when we paused for the take away guy. I got bored and came on her she watched it through and all she had to say at the end was "That guy was was bad is hot!".

Jackelope
9/1/08 7:56:20PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by SmileR

I was thinking the same thing... Perhaps clarification is in order

BTW- 30-45 minutes in now and it hasn't gotten any better
jiujitsufreak74
9/1/08 7:56:46PM
i literally vomited when i saw that movie...you are a brave man to subject yourself to that
SmileR
9/1/08 7:58:46PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by SmileR

What? Its true!...
grappler0000
9/1/08 8:07:02PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by SmileR

What? Its true!...

Hmm...I've got an idea. The wife and I may have to watch it tonight as well.
Jackelope
9/1/08 8:17:52PM

Posted by grappler0000

Hmm...I've got an idea. The wife and I may have to watch it tonight as well.

Khaos
9/1/08 8:40:32PM
me and my brother watched this movie, and laughed hysterically during the entire thing, because it was anything but MM@ Madness
Jackelope
9/1/08 8:42:54PM
Whoa I just saw a part I actually liked!!! The stupid ass capoeira guy getting superman punched and KO'd hahahaha
grappler0000
9/1/08 8:48:40PM

Posted by Jackelope

Whoa I just saw a part I actually liked!!! The stupid ass capoeira guy getting superman punched and KO'd hahahaha

It's funny...someone on the set recorded that scene with a camera phone and it's currently being passed off all over the internet as a real fight...people are gullible.
Jackelope
9/1/08 8:56:45PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Jackelope

It's funny...someone on the set recorded that scene with a camera phone and it's currently being passed off all over the internet as a real fight...people are gullible.

Gay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isVbGhsynZc
nastshabast
9/1/08 9:43:19PM

Posted by Khaos

me and my brother watched this movie, and laughed hysterically during the entire thing, because it was anything but MM@ Madness

I sure hope you and your bro didn't finish like grappler
Jackelope
9/1/08 9:52:39PM
^^ LOL

Alright so I'm done watching the movie now. I actually somehow made it through the whole thing. I gotta say it's everything I expected it to be as far as cheesiness and suckiness factors go.

One thing I will say is that Djimon Hounsou still showed in small parts of this movie that he's a great actor. There were very tiny spots in the movie when he shined. Unfortunately for him the movie was crap, but I could see how the script could have been slightly appealing.
Rush
9/1/08 10:33:00PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Jackelope

Ah, I had a coworker show me that fight. I assumed it was real because I was smart enough not to watch Never Back Down

Now I feel violated (start playing The Crying Game music) having seen part of that horrible horrible movie.
Pskinner_mma314
9/2/08 12:30:05AM
From someone who trains in mma, this movie was a disgrace for everything mma is. They made it appeal to a bunch of retarded ****** teens that watch the hills and the oc and other stupid rich kid shit like that.

I think the whole movie would have been better if they guy got his ass kicked again at the end, cuz I don't care who you are, you don't learn all that shit and become that good that ****** fast. it just doesn't happen. PLEASE DON'T MAKE A SEQUEL!!!

If they do I might just have to pull an ICP, become a juggalo so I can walk through The Hills and beat down a rich boy.

Although I do love it when these rich kids come to my gym after they watch the movie and think they can fight and I get to spar and roll with them and shoot their confidence out of the sky, its SO satisfying
The_Ho_Bag
9/2/08 12:57:02AM
lmao the 1st knockout was by a butterfly kick ahah so bad but the chick was hot =)
DoTheMMAth
9/2/08 11:09:41AM
This movie is to MMA what Fast and the Furious was to legit racing.

I remember after Fast and the Furious came out (1-3) there seemed to be an increase in kids with their hand-me-down Camry's and Accords with big fart-can mufflers, nozzle lights, massive non-functional picnic table wings, etc. Hopefully this movie won't spawn a bunch of kiddies thinking they are some justified unstoppable asswhoopers.
nastshabast
9/2/08 1:47:53PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

This movie is to MMA what Fast and the Furious was to legit racing.

I remember after Fast and the Furious came out (1-3) there seemed to be an increase in kids with their hand-me-down Camry's and Accords with big fart-can mufflers, nozzle lights, massive non-functional picnic table wings, etc. Hopefully this movie won't spawn a bunch of kiddies thinking they are some justified unstoppable asswhoopers.

Ive heard sveral pepople say the same thing
hippysmacker
9/2/08 1:56:48PM
I hate to admit it, but it was better than I thought. This doesn't mean I will watch it again or anything, but heres why. Th movie was so predictable with it" karate-kid wanabe-ness" that it was getting really irritating,. Then the ending didn't go the way a karate kid movie would have, and that actually let me feeling semi-happy. I walked out of this movie halfway through in the theater, but my best friend enjoys torturing me & claimed to be enjoying it when we left , and made me promise to watch it when it came out on DVD.
Bumpy
9/2/08 2:46:13PM
Yeah, that movie was not that good at all.
The_Italian_Stallion
9/2/08 3:59:58PM
I seriously liked that movie! Not the best but DEFINITELY not the worst.

The movie is obviously hollywoodized but it has to be because non-MMA fans don't appreciate what we fans can appreciate.

Plus the main character girl, Baja, is like the hottest girl ever so you can't go wrong there.