Boxing: Mosley-Margarito Result (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Boxing: Mosley-Margarito Result (Spoilers)
DCRage
1/24/09 11:53:25PM
The winner...and NEW WBA Welterweight Champion...Shane Mosley. 9th round KO of Antonio Margarito.
Pookie
1/25/09 12:14:08AM
Wow that is ******* amazing.

After watching Cotto v. Margarito i have a tough time even picturing that.
MMAcca
1/25/09 1:27:48AM
WAR SUGAR!

Good win. Impressive
Mungooch
1/25/09 1:41:07AM
This bullshit was the reason I couln't watch Affliction on Pay per view
DCRage
1/26/09 8:53:01AM
This I read yesterday on the fight and had to add, from Jereme Warneck's fight review on F4WOnline:

Before the opening bell, there is already some controversy in this match. The California State Athletic Commission checked Margarito's hand wraps and found he was using an illegal pad. The pad would harden when it became wet from perspiration. It was apparently a "plaster-like substance". The CSAC has apparently bagged the hand wraps and taken them into evidence. There may be some very lengthy suspensions coming for some people. Margarito was forced to have his hands re-wrapped 3 times before heading to the ring. In a situation like this, it is rare that a boxer is caught cheating in this way the first time. That means Margarito may have been using illegal hand wraps to make his hands harder for years. Cotto may have been knocked out by Margarito, because the boxer from Tijuana, Mexico was throwing punches with loaded fists. This is pretty much the worst form of cheating a boxer can commit. Boxers have been killed, because their opponents have loaded their hands with plaster.
emfleek
1/26/09 9:03:48AM

Posted by DCRage

This I read yesterday on the fight and had to add, from Jereme Warneck's fight review on F4WOnline:

Before the opening bell, there is already some controversy in this match. The California State Athletic Commission checked Margarito's hand wraps and found he was using an illegal pad. The pad would harden when it became wet from perspiration. It was apparently a "plaster-like substance". The CSAC has apparently bagged the hand wraps and taken them into evidence. There may be some very lengthy suspensions coming for some people. Margarito was forced to have his hands re-wrapped 3 times before heading to the ring. In a situation like this, it is rare that a boxer is caught cheating in this way the first time. That means Margarito may have been using illegal hand wraps to make his hands harder for years. Cotto may have been knocked out by Margarito, because the boxer from Tijuana, Mexico was throwing punches with loaded fists. This is pretty much the worst form of cheating a boxer can commit. Boxers have been killed, because their opponents have loaded their hands with plaster.

If this is true, he should be banned for life. This is different than using performance enhancers. You're endangering someone else's life by doing this.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...for now. I'll need confirmation before I say anything else.
grimreaper
1/26/09 1:09:23PM
Yes another fighter to derail the margarito hype train first williams now mosley this just keeps getting better
pv3Hpv3p
1/29/09 9:52:38AM

Posted by grimreaper

Yes another fighter to derail the margarito hype train first williams now mosley this just keeps getting better

We really need to see some people step up and fight P.Williams... the dude is a beast and everyone is scared to lose to him...

This was a great fight to watch, but Margarito looked totally overwhelmed... Mosley put one of the most severe beatings on this guy I've seen in a while... dominating