Boxing/MMA on ESPN

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Boxing/MMA on ESPN
NaturalBornKiller92
12/11/12 4:05:33PM
Is anyone else annoyed by the amount of publicity the pacquaio fight is getting on the same weekend as a UFC title fight on FOX? I have heard most of the ESPN shows plug the fight at least once while there is hardly a mention of the UFC fight on Friday's shows or Monday shows. I am starting to get annoyed by ESPN's lack of MMA coverage. The only show that mentions MMA on ESPN comes on late at night once a week and it is hardly watchable for me at least.
Poor_Franklin
12/11/12 4:12:24PM
it bothers me too. believe it or not, i actually think espn has gotten a little better. not a lot. but a little.
frizzzlecake
12/11/12 4:25:52PM
I thought UFC got the same amount they always get for good cards, it's not like they got belittled or anything.imo

Also UFC being paired up with Fox has a lot to do with it, just politics gentlemen.
postman
12/11/12 4:57:44PM
Pacman is a monster name in boxing no one that fought on Fox is near the draw of that dude. He got put down to bed of course thats going to trump a bunch of UD's
SpiderSilva
12/11/12 7:20:13PM
Wait........The UFC was on this weekend??????

I kid I kid
tcunningham
12/11/12 7:35:13PM
ESPN still seems to cater to the big 3 sports with terrible coverage for all the others. i gave up ESPN all together.
pmoney
12/11/12 9:05:46PM
To me the most bothersome thing is the lack of coverage on Fox Sports Radio. While ESPN should certainly cover MMA more, Fox is the UFC's broadcast partner, and all week leading up to the fight, it seemed like all they talked about was the Pacquiao fight. Definitely pissed me off, especially considering Fox sports radio is syndicated nation wide, as well as in Canada. Why would anyone promote what is essentially their competition?
jay98107
12/12/12 2:57:02AM

Posted by postman

Pacman is a monster name in boxing no one that fought on Fox is near the draw of that dude. He got put down to bed of course thats going to trump a bunch of UD's

/thread
prozacnation1978
12/13/12 2:23:44PM
What annoys me is showing spoilers who won the fights on ESPN under their news when sometime I have yet to watch them yet
jay98107
12/13/12 4:55:09PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

What annoys me is showing spoilers who won the fights on ESPN under their news when sometime I have yet to watch them yet

Come on man, it's essentially a news station. Don't watch it at all unless you want to know what happened.
ThaAxeMurderer7
12/13/12 9:48:52PM
Well, after today with the whole Rob Parker/RG3 comments on First Take, unless some type of disciplinary action is done, I will abstain from watching ESPN.