Boxing Or MMA

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Boxing Or MMA
POLL: Boxing Or MMA
Mixed Martial Arts 89% (34)
Boxing 11% (4)
Ultimate_fighter
4/30/07 10:25:25PM
Which of the 2 is more exciting! I believe MMA. Nothing better than a BOXING/SUMBISSION/WRESTLING Fight all put into one! Who Agrees!!!
xthe_scottx
4/30/07 10:33:15PM
Obviously everyone on a MMA fantasy picks website is going to pick MMA. They are both better in some ways but I just prefer MMA because of the ground game and the use of the clinch.
Kisame
5/1/07 5:11:46PM
The both can be equally exciting as I enjoy a good slugfest in MMa which is even better in Boxing.

Tho the sport that can be the most boring would have to be MMA

I mean seriously Kos vs Diego

Can you show me any boxing match that had less action than that?
pv3Hpv3p
5/1/07 5:58:06PM
I would lean a little more towards the K-1 or kickboxing side if I had the opportunity... Not over MMA, but definitley like it better than standard boxing... I just love watching high-kick KO's... It's like a car wreck, can't help but look...
madmarck
5/1/07 6:22:11PM
Both sports clearly have their ups and downs.
Boxing i like. But clearly i am aMMA sensi for a reason and not a Boxing one.
MMA got one up on boxing. but just one.
chentay2112
5/1/07 7:29:41PM
i love a good boxing match but feel MMA is better because of the ground game i love big punchers but watching people work on the ground can be just as exciting.....
after watching boxing for years it seems very one dimensional now after watching MMA
Fanboy 1988
5/1/07 9:03:13PM
I like a boxing it takes alot of skill to do it, but after you watch MMA boxing does seem alittle boring. After you see people kick, punch, knee, elbow and try submissions it's kinda hard to see two see guys standing in front of each other just throwing punches and say it actually compares to MMA.
tlangley
1/20/08 2:53:11AM
I've jumped off my coach in excitment way more watching boxing than MMA. go figure. the last mma fight to get me of my coach was chuck vs wandy
Believe-in-judo81
1/20/08 7:37:30AM
Honestly, couldn't pick one, I get amped regularly watching both!
FeelTheJoy
1/20/08 8:35:30PM
obviously mma. it can get boring sometimes but i get more bored watching boxing.
Trapt1nw0nder
1/20/08 9:21:07PM
these threads have been done to death,and i agree its the wrong place to make these polls....but,like i have said before....The best MMA fights ever cant compete with the best boxing matches ever.....

of course if you dont know who the hell you're watching box, you wont give a shit about them which will make the fight boring to you,but if you really know who they are and care enough about the boxer and their career each fight will be exciting.......I think thats why everyone thinks MMA is better, because they know each and every fighter since they are all in 1 organization sort of like WWE which make it easier to follow their career and get to know the fighters as well...as where boxing you have to really keep track of each fighter through different networks which makes it harder to be a fan.......of course if you just care about the big names in boxing you will think there isnt enough action,but there are TONS of great match ups coming up this year!

If you all wanna see a great boxing fight watch Rafael Marquez vs Israel Vazquez...1 and 2....3 is coming in March..cant wait!!!
The-Don
6/29/08 7:27:43PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

these threads have been done to death,and i agree its the wrong place to make these polls....but,like i have said before....The best MMA fights ever cant compete with the best boxing matches ever.....

of course if you dont know who the hell you're watching box, you wont give a shit about them which will make the fight boring to you,but if you really know who they are and care enough about the boxer and their career each fight will be exciting.......I think thats why everyone thinks MMA is better, because they know each and every fighter since they are all in 1 organization sort of like WWE which make it easier to follow their career and get to know the fighters as well...as where boxing you have to really keep track of each fighter through different networks which makes it harder to be a fan.......of course if you just care about the big names in boxing you will think there isnt enough action,but there are TONS of great match ups coming up this year!

If you all wanna see a great boxing fight watch Rafael Marquez vs Israel Vazquez...1 and 2....3 is coming in March..cant wait!!!

OK Pulver Vs Faber.. that is easily one of thebest matches of all time boxing or MMA...
Ben_Hutch
6/29/08 7:40:47PM
To be honest im bored of this argument, they are both different sports, it's pointless trying to compare them.
EON
6/29/08 7:55:05PM
personally i cant stand boxing, ironically i find it boring, kickboxing and thai boxing are my favorites followed closly by MMa of corse
mkiv9secsupra
6/29/08 7:56:29PM
I love watching almost all sports.

i love mma
i love boxing
i love kickboxing
i love grappling matches of any kind

it doesnt matter to me. its just i love mma that tiny little bit more
HMA123
6/30/08 2:57:34PM
I suprised everyone here didnt pick MMA, theres just to much going in MMA for boxing. Obvisiously i pick Mixed Martial Arts.