Boxing Legend Joe Frazier Very ill With Cancer

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Boxing Legend Joe Frazier Very ill With Cancer
BuffaloDave
11/5/11 5:28:10PM
PHILADELPHIA -- Former heavyweight champion Joe Frazier has liver cancer and is under hospice care.

The 67-year-old boxer was diagnosed four or five weeks ago, Frazier's personal and business manager said Saturday. Leslie Wolff told The Associated Press that doctors have not yet told Frazier how long he has to live.

"We have medical experts looking into the all the options that are out there," Wolff said. "There are very few. But that doesn't mean we're going to stop looking."

Link

BeeR
11/5/11 5:56:32PM
fuck cancer .
prophecy033
11/5/11 5:57:47PM
I was reading this this morning. Very sad. One of boxings great legends. His battles with Ali were legendary. First man to ever beat Ali. I hope he throws a left hook at this cancer and knocks its ass out. I'm praying for him
BuffaloDave
11/5/11 6:22:26PM

Posted by BeeR

fuck cancer .

Agreed, to many great people lost to it.
SmileR
11/6/11 12:27:56AM
Best wishes to one of the very best ever! He doesn't get the respect he deserve because he was in Ali's time but the guy was without doubt one of the best HW ever!
Chael_Sonnen
11/6/11 1:40:05AM

Posted by SmileR

Best wishes to one of the very best ever! He doesn't get the respect he deserve because he was in Ali's time but the guy was without doubt one of the best HW ever!

Geoffo
11/6/11 1:10:02AM
I don't watch boxing, and I've only heard of him a few times.
But with that said, Best Wishes to family and fans.
postman
11/6/11 12:37:22PM
We are about to lose a legend of Combat Sports, hell hes a sports legend in general. Dude was a beast. Good luck to his family.
bojangalz
11/6/11 3:26:24PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by BeeR

fuck cancer .

Not just great people... Plenty of people you've never heard of as well. It doesn't suck because of the fact that many public personas have lost their lives to it. They're no more or less significant than the person standing next to you in a line at the gas station.

Cancer sucks because it's largely incurable and by the time most people realize they've got it, it's too late. The harsh reality of it though is that we've all got to die of something. All we can hope for is that we are allowed to go out on our own terms and that we've accomplished whatever missions we set out to do before we were gone.
40ouncetpkid
11/6/11 7:43:09PM
This is sad as hell. Frazier was the man. Damn shame philly doesn't have a statue of him yet and their just recently discussing it. One of only two men who could beat Ali on his best day, the other being ken Norton.
BuffaloDave
11/7/11 11:42:50AM

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by BeeR

fuck cancer .

Not just great people... Plenty of people you've never heard of as well. It doesn't suck because of the fact that many public personas have lost their lives to it. They're no more or less significant than the person standing next to you in a line at the gas station.

I didn't mean great as in just well known people, I guess I should have worded it better. I lost enough family members and people I know to that sh!t, who were all GREAT people.
Hendo67
11/7/11 11:29:50PM
He has passed away apparently, so damn sad... a legend gone.
hashyandy4
11/8/11 1:22:04PM
RIP Smokin Joe, Truly a legend
gartface
11/10/11 8:11:47AM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by BeeR

fuck cancer .

This.