Boxing: Hatton vs. Pacquiao Open Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Boxing: Hatton vs. Pacquiao Open Discussion (Spoilers)
DCRage
5/2/09 8:28:44PM
Have at it, boxing fans. Fight's still a couple hours away but the undercard is underway. Main event airs on HBO PPV.

Oh, worst kept secret in boxing was revealed too-Floyd Mayweather is un-retiring. Returns July 18 and will face Juan Manuel Marquez. Winner of that fight could ultimately face tonight's winner.
cmill21
5/2/09 8:49:40PM
I'm going with Paq man.
backalley101
5/2/09 8:58:59PM
Is there a free site that allows me to watch the Pacman fight free, cuz TVU is not working. I will prop anybody that can help me out.
DCRage
5/2/09 8:59:25PM
Hatton has already won...Matthew Hatton, Ricky's brother. Took an 8 round unanimous decision over Ernesto Zepeda. Matthew Hatton is now 36-4-1.

PPV starting now.

Here are the earlier undercard results:
Omar Chavez beat Tyler Ziolowski by 2nd round KO. Omar is one of Julio Cesar Chavez's sons.
Joe Murray beat Missael Nunez by 4 round unanimous decision, 3 39-35s.
Bernabe Concepcion beat Yogli Herrera by 6 round unanimous decision, 3 60-54s.
Abner Mares beat Jonathan Perez by 6th round TKO (corner stoppage-towel).
Mike Alvarado beat Juaquin Gallardo by 8 round unanimous decision, 2 80-71s and 1 79-72.
Matthew Hatton beat Ernesto Zepeda by 8 round unanimous decision, 1 79-73 and 2 78-74s.
Erislandy Lara beat Chris Gray. Looks like unanimous decision.
Matvey Korobov beat Anthony Bartinelli by 2nd round TKO.
Daniel Jacobs beat Michael Walker by unanimous decision, 2 80-72s and 1 79-73. Jacobs took the fight in roughly 1 week's notice, and that was just after another fight! Walker was to have faced James Kirkland, but Kirkland was off due to being jailed on a gun charge.
Humberto Soto beat Benoit Gaudet by 9th round TKO.
SpiderSilva
5/2/09 10:28:44PM
Mike Alvarado is my cousin I been trying to get him to move to mma with a really good wrestling back round but just loves boxing
DCRage
5/2/09 11:19:15PM
The co-main event is done, so we're now only a few minutes away from Hatton-Pacquiao. Looks like a full house in the arena, which would be roughly 16,000.

Tonight's weights: Pacquiao 148, Hatton 152. Fighters now entering the ring, Hatton first.
DCRage
5/2/09 11:40:31PM
Hatton down twice in round 1! Already got a bloody nose. Waiting on ESPN's unofficial scorecard but I think this is a 10-7 Pacquiao round.
DCRage
5/2/09 11:44:49PM
AND IT IS ALL OVER! Hatton is down and out! Pacquiao wins! KO at the end of round 2!

Official time: 2:54 of round 2. Hatton is still down.
Aaronno9
5/2/09 11:48:50PM
Hopefully Hatton and p4p never get mentioned in the same sentance again after this fight. Hes nowhere near the level of Floyd and Pacman.
SpiderSilva
5/2/09 11:58:07PM
holy moly hatton got destroyed
Poohbah
5/3/09 12:00:16AM
Hatton is all heart and fury but very little skill. He fights like a guy who's had one too many beers and thinks he's invincible.
cmill21
5/3/09 12:14:40AM
Any link to the fight? I was watching my Blackhawks pump the Canucks
SmileR
5/3/09 12:14:46AM

Posted by Poohbah

Hatton is all heart and fury but very little skill. He fights like a guy who's had one too many beers and thinks he's invincible.

Haha I was waiting for this!
He's a awesome fighter just can't hang with the elite of the sport. Hatton's record speaks for its self. He's lost 2 fights in his career and only the two best fighters in the world today have beat him! He cleaned out his devision and has done it with exciting fights!
All respect to Pacquiao he's without doubt the best fighter fighting today, Mayweather will be his biggest test but he's already earned his legacy.
You need to learn about boxing and sport before you say something like this again!
postman
5/3/09 12:49:34AM
Pac man and pretty boy has to be made!
MMAcca
5/3/09 12:59:47AM

Posted by Aaronno9

Hopefully Hatton and p4p never get mentioned in the same sentance again after this fight. Hes nowhere near the level of Floyd and Pacman.

I agree.

Pacquiao is in a different league to Hatton and the outcome was always clearly going to be bad.
SpiderSilva
5/3/09 7:44:46AM
im gonna be pissed if mayweather loses his come out of retirement fight before he fights pacquiao
DCRage
5/3/09 9:03:21AM
Video:
*link removed*-video removed from host site.
ncordless
5/3/09 1:01:37PM
Domination...
HulkRage
5/3/09 3:04:22PM
Mayweather jr had better watch out. I can't wait for that fight.
Pookie
5/3/09 4:23:35PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

im gonna be pissed if mayweather loses his come out of retirement fight before he fights pacquiao

Marquez is a great fighter, im not so sure Mayweather is going to get passed him