BOW DOWN!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » BOW DOWN!!!
nubby
9/23/07 12:15:48AM
FORREST WINS!!!!!
Nacho
9/23/07 12:20:06AM
Nice... money money money money.... money.
R-Bandd
9/23/07 12:22:36AM
Scott_Revels
9/23/07 12:25:28AM
I guess this settles it. UFC is better than Pride. Even a Pride Superstar like Shogun, can't beat Forrest. That's the last nail in the coffin or ever seeing Pride return.
ncordless
9/23/07 12:26:30AM
Forrest looked awesome, and Shogun gassed. We have to see Fedor v. Randy now, cause I truly believe after this fight that Randy runs the best camp bar none in MMA period.

Great win for Forrest once again... can't wait to see what this does to the rankings at Light Heavy.

UFC guys are looking good against the PRIDE guys.

Here comes Chuck, if he wins... the picture for the belt is still really cloudy.
Scott_Revels
9/23/07 12:31:50AM
I would think that the title picture would be more cloudy if Jardine won. I mean Chuck will still be in the picture, but now you've got Jardine, and potentially Griffin.. There is like 32 different #1 contenders.
BIGKAT
9/23/07 12:34:45AM
That settles that doesn't it?

And to think all these pride nuthuggers thought Shogun would KO Chuck Liddell when he can't even beat Griffen!!!!!!!!!!!!
ncordless
9/23/07 12:36:21AM

Posted by Scott_Revels

I would think that the title picture would be more cloudy if Jardine won. I mean Chuck will still be in the picture, but now you've got Jardine, and potentially Griffin.. There is like 32 different #1 contenders.

True, if Jardine wins then is Houston Alexander the no1 contender? or Forrest?
I bet if Jardine wins then Wandy gets the next title shot.
Scott_Revels
9/23/07 12:38:58AM
No, didn't you hear? Bonnar gets the next shot. He beat Jardine, and was really close to beating Griffin in their first fight, and was drugged up, and hurting in the second, but had he not have been, he'd of won. Rampage/Bonnar in January.
PW
9/23/07 2:05:25AM

Posted by BIGKAT

And to think all these pride nuthuggers thought Shogun would KO Chuck Liddell when he can't even beat Griffen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, because Liddell has looked great recently.
BIGKAT
9/23/07 2:12:00AM

Posted by PW

Posted by BIGKAT

Point being that if a guy like Griffin who isn't even ranked could submit Shogun, then more than likely Chuck would KO shogun.

And, A judges decision doesn't prove anything to me, we've all seen bad calls in MMA, it just goes with the territory.

When you're fighting the best fighters in the world, you're bound to lose sometime. ALL of the top fighters have losses oin their records....so what....
cmill21
9/23/07 3:23:39AM

Posted by BIGKAT

Posted by PW

Posted by BIGKAT

Point being that if a guy like Griffin who isn't even ranked could submit Shogun, then more than likely Chuck would KO shogun.

And, A judges decision doesn't prove anything to me, we've all seen bad calls in MMA, it just goes with the territory.

When you're fighting the best fighters in the world, you're bound to lose sometime. ALL of the top fighters have losses oin their records....so what....

Chuck would have Ko'd shogun because forrest subbed him? What about Shogun Ko'ing rampage and oh guess what Rampage Ko'd shogun. I really am tired of this garbage. What was the talk when chuck wen't to the pride world and was beaten like a baby? Oh rules oh this oh that, you guys are so eager to stick up for the UFC guys and discount the pride guys. Serious just rediculous. Give forrest props and yeah shogun clearly needs to hit the cardio room, because he gassed and thats why he lost, not because he was outclassed.
jomatty
9/23/07 4:22:03AM
what a great win for forrest!!!! he looked great.

that doesnt mean that it means much as far as pride vs ufc is concerned. there have only been a few fight and the only champion has come out of pride. sure rampage was signed before the split but it is clear where he made his name. really it doesnt matter anyways as both organizations have top fighters.

anyone who uses an argument like person a beating person b makes person a sure thing against someone that person b beat doesnt understand the game. this doesnt mean that shogun is overrated he has proved otherwise beating guys like rampage, randleman and many others. he had a bad night and forrest was on his game.
keith-hackney1
9/23/07 10:44:37AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by BIGKAT

Posted by PW

Posted by BIGKAT

Chuck would have Ko'd shogun because forrest subbed him? What about Shogun Ko'ing rampage and oh guess what Rampage Ko'd shogun. I really am tired of this garbage. What was the talk when chuck wen't to the pride world and was beaten like a baby? Oh rules oh this oh that, you guys are so eager to stick up for the UFC guys and discount the pride guys. Serious just rediculous. Give forrest props and yeah shogun clearly needs to hit the cardio room, because he gassed and thats why he lost, not because he was outclassed.

You really are a pridefc lover.
MALICE
9/23/07 11:14:19AM
It's all very simple. PRIDE is no more. There is no such thing as PRIDE. The fighters that sign contracts are just like any other fighter coming to the UFC. If they put together some wins, they will be known as UFC fighters. If they continue to lose, they will need to find another organisation. All I'm saying is, fighting over PRIDE vs UFC is useless. They are all UFC fighters now. The ones that sign anyway.
nubby
9/23/07 12:19:46PM
I have an explanation for why Page got destroyed by Shogun. First of all it's pretty well known that Page was injured when they first fought. Shogun injured him. Which is fine, it means that night Shogun was the better fighter. But I also think that Page was not fighting as best he could at that time. With Page's new trainers, new work ethic, new technical soundness, I really believe that Rampage would most likely defeat Shogun in a rematch, especially in a cage.

I've been thinking about this all night. And I think my only course of action is to remove all non-ufc fighters from my rankings. I know I will catch a lot of crap for this, but no matter what people say, the UFC or Cage fighting is a different beast than ring fighting. Therefore, as UFC is the top organization, my rankings will only include fighters in that organization. Maybe at one time the argument could be made that a great fighter in pride could translate into a great fighter in the UFC, but that only seems to be the case with one fighter, Quinton, who happened to start his fighting career out in cage fighting, moved to rings, did OK in ring fighting, but then came back to cages and did pretty damn well for himself.

In addition to not having non-ufc fighters ranked, even if they are established pride fc guys when they come to the UFC, they will not be ranked until they fight in the UFC and their performance will directly translate into their new rank. So fighters like Nogueira may reach the top 10 in my rankins but he would not be top 5 based on his pathetic performance against Herring.
MALICE
9/23/07 1:10:57PM

Posted by nubby

I have an explanation for why Page got destroyed by Shogun. First of all it's pretty well known that Page was injured when they first fought. Shogun injured him. Which is fine, it means that night Shogun was the better fighter. But I also think that Page was not fighting as best he could at that time. With Page's new trainers, new work ethic, new technical soundness, I really believe that Rampage would most likely defeat Shogun in a rematch, especially in a cage.

I've been thinking about this all night. And I think my only course of action is to remove all non-ufc fighters from my rankings. I know I will catch a lot of crap for this, but no matter what people say, the UFC or Cage fighting is a different beast than ring fighting. Therefore, as UFC is the top organization, my rankings will only include fighters in that organization. Maybe at one time the argument could be made that a great fighter in pride could translate into a great fighter in the UFC, but that only seems to be the case with one fighter, Quinton, who happened to start his fighting career out in cage fighting, moved to rings, did OK in ring fighting, but then came back to cages and did pretty damn well for himself.

In addition to not having non-ufc fighters ranked, even if they are established pride fc guys when they come to the UFC, they will not be ranked until they fight in the UFC and their performance will directly translate into their new rank. So fighters like Nogueira may reach the top 10 in my rankins but he would not be top 5 based on his pathetic performance against Herring.

I totally agree. Everybody join hands. Let's start the movemnet.