Bout order revealed for May's 'UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Overeem' event

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bout order revealed for May's 'UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Overeem' event
postman
3/29/12 8:48:37AM
MMA Junkie

MAIN CARD (pay-per-view)
•Champ Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem (for heavyweight title)
•Frank Mir vs. Cain Velasquez
•Roy Nelson vs. Antonio Silva
•Shane Del Rosario vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
•Mark Hunt vs. Stefan Struve
postman
3/29/12 8:50:58AM
Why would you have Shane Del Rosario vs. Gabriel Gonzaga on the main card instead of Edson Barboza vs. Evan Dunham? I guess the need to fill the main card with HW fights was over welming?????
mattjonesy
3/29/12 9:07:42AM

Posted by postman

Why would you have Shane Del Rosario vs. Gabriel Gonzaga on the main card instead of Edson Barboza vs. Evan Dunham? I guess the need to fill the main card with HW fights was over welming?????

Very true but im sure their fight will get shown for free. Aslong as i get to see both im happy!
prozacnation1978
3/29/12 10:27:36AM
SAW BOUT order. Paul sass vs volkman will be on fx but hardy vs bang won't be. Hardy sure has fallen down the bout order. From title fight to co main to last fight being main event to now not even tv shown
TeamDEY
3/29/12 10:39:44AM

Posted by postman

I don't understand this at all either. Barboza vs Dunham is an amazing fight... at least it will be on FX.
airkerma
3/29/12 1:42:41PM

Posted by postman

I suspect they will market the card as "Heavy Hitters" or "Big Eaters" or something along those lines. "UFC 146: Iiiiiits Feeding Time!!!!!" sponsored in part by Golden Corral
tcunningham
3/29/12 5:07:53PM
with all the HW fights on the main card, im scared that it will turn out to be kind of boring. i like the HW's but we all know the possibilities for fighters to gas out.
cowcatcher
3/29/12 5:17:16PM

Posted by tcunningham

with all the HW fights on the main card, im scared that it will turn out to be kind of boring. i like the HW's but we all know the possibilities for fighters to gas out.

Well at least this one isn't in Colorado like UFC 135. I'm thinking with all the heavies on there, the main card should wrap up pretty damn quickly. If I'm wrong then it promises to be an ugly night of fights.
Pookie
3/29/12 5:45:36PM
we'll get a steady stream of undercard fights on the ppv with this main card.