The Bourne Ultimatum

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Bourne Ultimatum
bayonetxwork
8/5/07 10:50:58PM
Anyone else see this movie? I don't wanna give anything away for those wishing to see it, but its definitely an awesome movie. Action packed the whole way through, nothing too too unrealistic. What did everyone else think about this movie?
Svartorm
8/6/07 3:19:25AM
I thought it was very good, but recommend people watch the second movie beforehand, as it doesn't waste any time explaining who people are or what happened in previous movies, so unless the second movie is fresh in your brain, you might be lost.. Worth seeing for sure.
Stickan
8/6/07 9:32:54AM
Is it any different from the first two Bourne movies because I didn't like those?

btw. Svartorm you're back!
Violentcuv
8/6/07 10:26:08AM
I haven't seen it yet, but love the first two movies. I hope to see it this week.
wilwith1l
8/6/07 10:43:08AM
It is just getting rediculous. It is very enjoyable, but not very believable. Suspend disbelief, and it is great.
AchillesHeel
8/6/07 10:43:54AM

Posted by Svartorm

[...]recommend people watch the second movie beforehand, as it doesn't waste any time explaining who people are or what happened in previous movies[...]

I really liked that, actually. It was definitely the conclusion of a trilogy, and anyone who hadn't seen the first two would obviously have missed a lot.

The Bourne Identity *****
The Bourne Supremacy ****
The Bourne Ultimatum **** - I definitely recommend it to anyone who liked the first two.

Possible spoiler-talk below...
(Of course, if you don't want to read spoilers, a Web-forum thread about the film is a pretty silly place to be hanging about, isn't it? )

I liked how they threaded Ultimatum together with Supremacy. It wasn't vital to the story or anything, but it was clever. The "shaky cam" will turn a lot of people off, but I thought it worked well for the 2nd and 3rd films. I hope the Casting Director for these films gets an award; this trilogy has featured fantastic casts throughout. The two Blackbriar "assets" weren't as interesting as Clive Owen and Karl Urban were in the first two films, although the final confrontation on the rooftop was a good ending ("Look at what they make us give" - which was Owen's quote from the first movie, in the wheat field).

And was Julia Stiles always that cute and I just never noticed?
AchillesHeel
8/6/07 10:45:05AM
Oops.
SpiderSilva
8/6/07 11:35:02AM

Posted by Stickan

Is it any different from the first two Bourne movies because I didn't like those?

How could you not like the way he picked that guy apart with a PEN that was soooo sweet
bayonetxwork
8/6/07 11:48:17AM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by Stickan

How could you not like the way he picked that guy apart with a PEN that was soooo sweet

I know right, all 3 of these movies are amazing.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but Jason Bourne would beat Fedor.
Violentcuv
8/6/07 12:00:18PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

I know right, all 3 of these movies are amazing.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but Jason Bourne would beat Fedor.

I think he would too. Fedor wouldn't be able to find him, then by the time it's too late Bourne has him ready to tap...
Jake
8/6/07 1:35:30PM
Great Movies, I love all three, Damon does a great job.
Svartorm
8/6/07 2:12:01PM

Posted by Stickan

It would depend on what you didn't like about the first two. This one is non-stop action and just enough story to keep it flowing, so you might like it.

And yeah, I'm back until spring. Nice to see you dude.
Gladiator
8/7/07 2:11:21AM

Posted by Stickan

i didnt like the first one and i thought the second one was okay... but the third one is amazing, probably the best movie ive seen this summer. definitly recommend at least watch the second one bfore u see this one. great movie
pv3Hpv3p
8/8/07 11:32:51AM
I thought the movies where great... There's minimal dialog and great action... I just really wished they would have followed the books a little more closely, because they had a much more intricate story (which I guess is the case with most books>movies)... But there was just so much great stuff they left out...

Either way, def worth watching, as long as you found the first to at least somewhat enjoyable.
jnjjacob
8/9/07 10:22:47PM
I just saw the movie tonight. I was a little concerned that I was going to be disappointed, since I like the first 2 movies. But I really liked it!
Action packed.
If you dont like the first 2 movies, you won't like this one either.