Possible Boston Marathon bomber?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Possible Boston Marathon bomber?
prophecy033
4/17/13 11:41:27AM
JakeWalters sent me a few picks of a guy that seems to be holding a bag similiar to the one one of the bombs was in. Then DotheMMAth posted one one facebook. I figured I'd share

Link 1
Link 2
kopower
4/17/13 11:43:58AM
Looks like the first image was removed.

Pretty tough to tell though
prophecy033
4/17/13 11:55:19AM

Posted by kopower

Looks like the first image was removed.

Pretty tough to tell though

try it now
george112
4/17/13 11:59:37AM
DEFINITE similarities, plus the guy looks totally out of place

might be on to something here...
grappler0000
4/17/13 12:39:01PM
There's a ton of suspicious activity being outlined on some of the social websites. We need to keep that in mind though...there is too much suspicious/coincidental activity for them all to be the culprits. Sometimes your mind fills in the blanks once you see a similarity to evidence, such as a common black backpack. I hope all of the information gets investigated, but it's important to not pronounce these individuals as criminals just yet. Information travels fast in today's internet culture and innocent people could have their lives ruined if people jump to conclusions too quickly.

With that said, what I'm most curious to see is what turns up with (1) the gentleman in blue holding the backpack, as there is quite the resemblance to the one used in the crime. (2) there's a couple of guys not mentioned here, but are wearing similar outfits, have black backpacks, some sort of earpiece, and were hanging out in at least one of the bomb locations. (3) also, there's a picture of a guy with a black backpack, that also happens to be holding something with an odd shape...an odd shape that happens to resemble the pictures of pressure cooker bombs being portrayed in the media...I'll admit this one is a bit of a stretch, but it piqued my interest nonetheless.

The wife and I were originally scheduled to do a half marathon this past weekend, but ended up backing out a couple of weeks ago, due to schedule conflicts. Obviously not even in the same state, but did get a couple of phone calls from people who thought of us first when they saw it on the news. I told the wife that catching these guys could prove to be a community effort, considering all of the personal media being recorded at events like this...which can be a good thing. I would just hate to see a coincidence turn into some rogue vigilante making the situation worse before all of the facts come out.
grappler0000
4/17/13 2:07:01PM
Looks like an arrest has been made

Source
prophecy033
4/17/13 2:07:44PM

Posted by grappler0000

Looks like an arrest has been made

Source

I was just about to post this
george112
4/17/13 2:11:55PM
I really hope that this is THE guy or atleast one of them. It would be a shame for the FBI to pin it on somebody as a patsy.

that isnt out of the realm of possibility so dont flame me, our govt is faaaaaar from honest
jakewalters
4/17/13 2:17:36PM
I guess they found footage of someone putting a bag down then running away from surveillance footage across the street.

Before I start to demonize the arrested man, let's hope he's the right one.
prophecy033
4/17/13 2:52:44PM
Now they say no arrest has been made
grappler0000
4/17/13 2:56:17PM
Yeah, they are saying someone is in custody, but has not been arrested. So, I guess that just means a person of interest.
Shawn91111
4/17/13 3:16:24PM
Possible Richard Jewell 2.0
40ouncetofreedom
4/17/13 4:14:09PM
CNN = Giant Fail.
Theoutlaw08
4/17/13 4:21:26PM
The guy with the bag looked sketchy as fuck. Who holds a backpack like that???
I also read that they have someone in custody and the FBI will hold a press conference around 4.
grappler0000
4/17/13 4:33:44PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Plenty of people do when in a crowded area.
postman
4/17/13 4:44:40PM
This was just posted on one of our local Pittsburgh news FB pages.

A box with the label "pressure cooker" was delivered to the Cardello Bldg on the North Side, and it had a Massachusetts return address. That caused understandable alarm. By the time the bomb squad arrived, it was determined it was an actual pressure cooker, and a worker who had just moved to that building claimed the package.

I also heard a senator recived a letter with ricin?
KungFuMaster
4/17/13 4:49:10PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

I do sometimes and that's because I'm fearful someone may try to pickpocket me.
prophecy033
4/17/13 4:55:28PM

Posted by postman

A box with the label "pressure cooker" was delivered to the Cardello Bldg on the North Side, and it had a Massachusetts return address. That caused understandable alarm. By the time the bomb squad arrived, it was determined it was an actual pressure cooker, and a worker who had just moved to that building claimed the package.

I thought it was a letter to Obama that got intercepted?
prophecy033
4/17/13 4:56:07PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Theoutlaw08

I do sometimes and that's because I'm fearful someone may try to pickpocket me.

put a small lock on it
george112
4/17/13 5:08:31PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by postman

both the senator AND obama got letters testing positive for ricin
Bubbles
4/17/13 11:54:47PM

Posted by george112

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by postman

(props to those who get the reference)
ChrisSabal
4/18/13 1:07:02AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by george112

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by postman

Br Ba
bojangalz
4/18/13 5:03:59AM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by george112

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by postman

Br Ba

WW would be proud.

This was the first thing I thought of when I heard about the ricin letters.