Boston to Host "The Ultimate Fighter 8" Tryouts on April 10

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Boston to Host "The Ultimate Fighter 8" Tryouts on April 10
Bemin
3/11/08 1:44:27PM
The seventh season of "The Ultimate Fighter" is still a month away from its debut on Spike TV, but UFC and Spike TV officials are already preparing for an eighth season that debuts later this year.

The first tryouts for "The Ultimate Fighter 8" will take place Thursday, April 10 in Boston at a site to be determined.

However, a source close to the show today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that producers haven't yet decided on a weight class or any other major details for the show.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/3915/boston-to-host-the-ultimate-fighter-8-tryouts-on-april-10.mma
DCRage
3/11/08 2:33:57PM
It needs to be Heavyweights or Light Heavyweights. Long overdue for another one.
disorderlyvision
3/11/08 2:55:02PM

Posted by DCRage

It needs to be Heavyweights or Light Heavyweights. Long overdue for another one.

heavyweight definatly needs a boost
Twenty20Dollars
3/11/08 2:58:21PM
heavyweights, actually heavyweights that dont drop down to LHW.
grappler0000
3/11/08 4:50:51PM

Posted by disorderlyvision

Posted by DCRage

heavyweight definatly needs a boost

I'll be interested to see which weightclass they go with, because I doubt it would be heavyweights...although they are needed the most outside of middleweights, it's very difficult to bring in a large number of quality HW's. They struggled the last time (in fact, the best ones were true lightheavies) and this time it would require even more fighters.
seanfu
3/11/08 5:27:56PM
Crossing my fingers for an eventual featherweight TUF but my money's on a split heavyweight lightheavyweight 32 man TUF
MMAcca
3/11/08 5:46:06PM
An all HW TUF would gte a big from me.

Even if it only produces 1/2 quality HWs , it'll be well worth imo
gartface
3/11/08 6:47:47PM
Definitely needs to be Heavies.
juanez13
3/11/08 10:02:32PM
I think it is, and should be Heavies.....it has to be between LHW and HW's, there is no other choice really, which i would be happy with either, but LHW has alot of stablished talent, and the HW needs a boost. so im in favor for heavies.
JimiMak
3/11/08 10:09:06PM
Im just glad to see the tryout around here already announced. We have a lot of good gyms and trainers and small orgs around here. We usually produce at least one quality guy for each tuf and I figure w/ more and more guys opening gyms around here I figure we'll get known more and more for the fighters we produce around here.
TimW001
3/11/08 11:29:48PM
I honestly think it will 145. They were advertising the last WEC (Mostly with 145 fighters) on UFC.com a hell of alot. And now they have two big names. (Pulver and Faber). It sounds like it could be a possibility.
CornishMMA
3/12/08 7:48:12AM
LW AND HW would be best

The lightweight fighters would level out the pace and excitement in the fights
Styles
3/12/08 9:18:50PM
I am hoping or 145... would love to see Yamamoto in the UFC along with Faber, Cub, and Pulver. There is alot of good 145 pounders out there and I could see UFC wanting to dip in for the money. The only reason I see this not happening is because 145 if what WEC really has going for them and Zuffa is with both UFC and WEC.
skinnator
4/4/08 5:12:39PM
maybe someone from the playground could try to go show up on TUF 8