Bored

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Bored
AussiePride
6/23/10 5:48:14AM
I am very bored so i thought id come up with 20 fights and would like you to pick who you think would win. This is if the matchups were tomorow and not in the fighters prime or anything like that.

Lightweight:.

Clay Guida Vs Joe Stevenson
George Sotiropoulous Vs Jim Miller
Ross Pearson Vs Spencer Fisher.
Diego Sanchez Vs Kenny Florian.
Evan Dunham Vs Nate Diaz

Welterweight:

Thiago Alves Vs Dan Hardy.
Carlos Condit Vs Matt Brown.
Dustin Hazelett Vs Anthony Johnson.
Josh Koschek Vs Jon Fitch.
Dong Hyun Kim Vs Ricardo Almeida

Middleweight:

Chris Leben Vs Jorge Rivera
Wanderlei Silva Vs Alan Belcher
Demian Maia Vs Michael Bisping

Light Heavyweight:

Thiago Silva Vs Jon Jones
Ryan Bader Vs Matt Hamill
Forrest Griffin Vs Brandon Vera
Vitor Belfort Vs Ramage Jackson

Heavyweight:

Pat Barry Vs Todd Duffee
Junior Dos Santos Vs Frank Mir
Roy Nelson Vs Cheick Kongo

Chael_Sonnen
6/23/10 9:59:46AM

Posted by AussiePride

I am very bored so i thought id come up with 20 fights and would like you to pick who you think would win. This is if the matchups were tomorow and not in the fighters prime or anything like that.

Clay Guida Vs Joe Stevenson - GUIDA
George Sotiropoulous Vs Jim Miller - GEORGE
Ross Pearson Vs Spencer Fisher - PEARSON
Diego Sanchez Vs Kenny Florian - FLORIAN
Evan Dunham Vs Nate Diaz - DUNHAM

Welterweight:

Thiago Alves Vs Dan Hardy - ALVES
Carlos Condit Vs Matt Brown - CONDIT
Dustin Hazelett Vs Anthony Johnson - RUMBLE
Josh Koschek Vs Jon Fitch - KOS
Dong Hyun Kim Vs Ricardo Almeida - BIG DOG

Middleweight:

Chris Leben Vs Jorge Rivera - JORGE
Wanderlei Silva Vs Alan Belcher - WAND
Demian Maia Vs Michael Bisping - MAIA

Light Heavyweight:

Thiago Silva Vs Jon Jones - BONES
Ryan Bader Vs Matt Hamill - BADER
Forrest Griffin Vs Brandon Vera - FORREST
Vitor Belfort Vs Ramage Jackson - VITOR

Heavyweight:

Pat Barry Vs Todd Duffee - BARRY
Junior Dos Santos Vs Frank Mir - JDS
Roy Nelson Vs Cheick Kongo - NELSON

Rabi
6/23/10 12:27:55PM
My views

LW

Guida to out work Stevenson for a UD
George looked awsome in his last fight, ill pick him by UD.
Pearson is as hard as nails and Fisher is past is best, I see Pearson winning by tko via a cut.
Florian is one of the most improved fighters in MMA. My heart would lean towards Florian UD.
Dunham is the future of the LW division, after beating Tyson Griffin this would be a backwards step for him, but Dunham UD.

WW

Alves is raw aggression, I would pick him to win with a spectecular KO.
Condit would find away to win, I would pick Condit by sub, probably in rd 2 after making Brown tired.
Johnson would use his wrestling to keep this fight standing and KO Hazelett.
Fitch in a technical match by UD.
Almeida pushing the pace but not being able to finish Kim, Almeida UD.

MW

Leben by a scrappy KO, just like there first fight.
Belcher would beat the Silva of today, by technical striking, UD, the Silva of old would have won.
I think Bisping would keep this fight standing and win by UD.

LHW

Jones by something spectecular.
Bader by KO, he has raw power.
I think Vera would pick Griffin apart and win a UD.
Jackson by pure power and aggression and GnP.

HW

Barry would catch Duffee and KO him.
JDS, he is one of the elite HW's in the UFC, Mir is just outside of that group IMO.
Nelson by taking Kongo down and controlling him, Id pick UD.

emfleek
6/23/10 12:44:15PM

CLAY GUIDA Vs Joe Stevenson
George Sotiropoulous Vs JIM MILLER
Ross Pearson Vs SPENCER FISHER
Diego Sanchez Vs KENNY FLORIAN
Evan Dunham Vs NATE DIAZ

Welterweight:

THIAGO ALVES Vs Dan Hardy.
CARLOS CONDIT Vs Matt Brown.
Dustin Hazelett Vs ANTHONY JOHNSON
Josh Koschek Vs JON FITCH
Dong Hyun Kim Vs RICARDO ALMEIDA

Middleweight:

CHRIS LEBEN Vs Jorge Rivera
Wanderlei Silva Vs ALAN BELCHER
Demian Maia Vs MICHAEL BISPING

Light Heavyweight:

Thiago Silva Vs JON JONES
RYAN BADER Vs Matt Hamill
Forrest Griffin Vs BRANDON VERA
VITOR BELFORT Vs Ramage Jackson

Heavyweight:

PAT BARRY Vs Todd Duffee
JUNIOR DOS SANTOS Vs Frank Mir
ROY NELSON Vs Cheick Kongo
ncordless
6/23/10 2:40:35PM
Guida- I think Guida would ride him around for three rounds for a UD
Jim Miller- The ground game is a wash imo, with George having slightly better guard play and Miller having the better wrestling. Miller is the better striker so I'd go with him.
Pearson- UD
Florian- UD
Dunham- UD Would be kind of interesting, but dunham would take Nate down at will. From there it is two top grapplers working small changes in position.
Alves- UD all day.
Condit- sub Never been sold on Brown, and if/when this fight hits the ground Condit will dominate.
Johnson-KO
Fitch-KO
The Donger- UD
Leben-KO
Belcher-UD
Bisping- UD
Jones- KO
Bader-UD
Griffin-UD
Rampage-TKO
Duffee-sub Surprised that so many think Barry would win... he has the worst ground game I have seen in high level mma in years.
Dos Santos-KO
Kongo-KO
emfleek
6/23/10 2:50:14PM

Posted by ncordless

Duffee-sub Surprised that so many think Barry would win... he has the worst ground game I have seen in high level mma in years.

I've not seen anything to make me believe that Duffee would A.) attempt to take the fight to the ground or B.) attempt a sub of any kind. That's why I picked Barry.
casketcoin
6/23/10 6:52:18PM

Joe Stevenson
George Sotiropoulous
Ross Pearson
Kenny Florian.
Evan Dunham

Welterweight:

Thiago Alves
Carlos Condit
Anthony Johnson.
Josh Koschek
Dong Hyun Kim

Middleweight:

Chris Leben
Alan Belcher
Michael Bisping

Light Heavyweight:

Jon Jones
Ryan Bader
Forrest Griffin
Ramage Jackson

Heavyweight:

Pat Barry
Junior Dos Santos
Roy Nelson

ncordless
6/23/10 7:41:35PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by ncordless

I've not seen anything to make me believe that Duffee would A.) attempt to take the fight to the ground or B.) attempt a sub of any kind. That's why I picked Barry.

Duffee does actually have some decent wrestling and gnp. Check out his fight with Assuerio... that is more than enough to take out Barry imo.

I guess that is why they fight though... if this match gets made I think we should do an av bet.
lohmann
6/23/10 7:48:25PM

Clay Guida Vs Joe Stevenson
George Sotiropoulous Vs Jim Miller
Ross Pearson Vs Spencer Fisher
Diego Sanchez Vs Kenny Florian
Evan Dunham Vs Nate Diaz

Welterweight:

Thiago Alves Vs Dan Hardy.
Carlos Condit Vs Matt Brown.
Dustin Hazelett Vs Anthony Johnson
Josh Koscheck Vs Jon Fitch
Dong Hyun Kim Vs Ricardo Almeida

Middleweight:

Chris Leben Vs Jorge Rivera
Wanderlei Silva Vs Alan Belcher
Demian Maia Vs Michael Bisping

Light Heavyweight:

Thiago Silva Vs Jon Jones
Ryan Bader Vs Matt Hamill
Forrest Griffin Vs Brandon Vera
Vitor Belfort Vs Rampage Jackson

Heavyweight:

Pat Barry Vs Todd Duffee
Junior Dos Santos Vs Frank Mir
Roy Nelson Vs Cheick Kongo
AussiePride
6/23/10 11:47:16PM
Lightweight:

Joe Stevenson has a more complete game than Guida and would win with his striking and BJJ. Stevenson via UD

If your going to lie on top of GS for 3 rounds (which is what Miller would try to do) your going to get submitted and Miller is not an exception. GS 3rd rnd sub.

Ross is very similar to Spencer but has more explosive and quicker strikes. Pearson via UD

Diego is one of the fighters that i can see rising to the occasion to win this fight. Kenny Florian matches up badly with many guys in the divison and despite deigo being at 170 atm, we all know his optimum weight is 155. Diego would mix it up on the feet and put him on the mat. Diego UD

I only did this match-up for lack of top credential lightweights to put in front of Dunham. I think Dunham and Diaz are identical fighters, both good boxers with good reach and world class BJJ. Dunham is just a bit better in all areas. Dunham via 3rd round sub.

Welterweight:

Im surprised with the amount of poeple that have picked Thiago Alves to win this fight. Hardy has proved himself in this division and Alves is away from his top form. Having said that, Hardy would make the mistake standing with Alves and he would get caught in the 1st round. But i think this fight would be very close.

I haven't seen many of Matt Browns fights, as far as i know he has lost to DHK via controverial split decision, i did watch that a while ago and thought Brown won the fight. He stopped Wilks in the 3rd round. I did not see that fight. And dominate Pete Sell at UFC 96. I see a tough, gritty guy who will find a way to win. I think he would beat Carlos Condit via UD.

Clash of styles in this matchup but its going to end up like Daley Vs Hazelett. Johnson 2nd round KO

I think Koschek has better striking and wrestling than Fitch and is more athletic. I think he would win a close UD 29-28 across the board.

I had overlooked Kim in the welterweight division untill he beat amir via UD i did not see that fight so i dont know if it was the correct call but its an impressive win nonetheless. I think he could squeeze out a split decision over Almeida.

Middleweight: I love Chris Leben, i have seen all his fights and funnily enough i forgot he had already knocked out Rivera. So i apologize for the rematch. But it would be Leben with heavier hands and an iron chin knocking out Rivera.

I think Belcher has more technical striking than Wanderlei no doubt. But Wandy is a ruthless warrior with a big name and i think Belcher would get a bit starstruck and would get clipped with some big shots and go down in the 2nd round.

Would be a boring fight to watch and aa matchup that doesnt really excite me. If it gets to the ground once, i think Bisping gets submitted. But i think Michael could put Maia away like Nate did via 2nd round tko.

Lightheavy: Both guys are extremely talented. But Jon Jones is just riding a wave of confidence right now. He would hit Silva with a highlight reel strike and put him down in the 1st.

Bader is a better version of Hamill. Bader UD

Forrest is a long way from his best. Vera is coming off a bad loss to Jones. I think forrest would be able the exploit the ground game of Vera and weasel out a split decision.

This fight would probably end in the first round. And after Rampages performance against Evans, i think Vitor would catch him like Rashad did, and finish the job early.

I think Barry has terrible ground skills. Everyone agrees i think. On the other hand, he has world class striking. And from what ive seen, Duffe has a glass chin. Barry via ko

Frank can bounce back to his best in a fight like this. He has put on a lot of size and i think he definately underestimated Shane Carwin. I think Mir can put Junior on the cage early, avoid the heavy strikes and get a narrow UD.

Kongo would lose this fight like he lost the Velasquez fight.

emfleek
6/24/10 8:58:34AM

Posted by ncordless

I guess that is why they fight though... if this match gets made I think we should do an av bet.

I'm all for it.