UFC 97 bonuses: Rua, Soszynski, Stout and Wiman each earn $70K awards

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 97 bonuses: Rua, Soszynski, Stout and Wiman each earn $70K awards
TimW001
4/19/09 2:49:59AM
MONTREAL - Sam Stout, Matt Wiman, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and Krzysztof Soszynski each earned $70,000 "fight night" bonuses for their performances at "UFC 97: Redemption."

UFC 97 took place Saturday at the Bell Centre in Montreal and aired live on pay-per-view. The bonus amounts were up significantly from the $60,000 awards issued at UFC 96 in March but down slightly from the $75,000 issued at UFC 83, the organization's first trip to Canada.

The UFC announced the bonuses at the UFC 97 post-fight press conference and were confirmed by MMAjunkie.com

LINK
prozacnation1978
4/19/09 3:20:56AM
this was my worst event in about a year
sad thing was the three bouts i changed today i would have won all three if i didn't change my picks
TimW001
4/19/09 3:27:44AM
Oddly, this was the highest rank I have ever been on a fight card.
Aether
4/19/09 3:38:27AM
This was an awful card for me because of the undercard. I got all of the main event bouts right (the winner, not the finishes) but the undercard owned me.

Shogun winning makes none of that matter though. Made my whole night. All he really needed was cardio, and while it wasn't tested that roughly in this fight, he still looked REALLY fresh and light on his feet at the end. I'm definitely excited to see where he goes from here. (please stay injury free!)
danski
4/19/09 8:20:33AM
so good to see Shogun back....i didn't mind the card wasn't the best but had some good fights
Hideous
4/19/09 10:43:57AM
I was of the sofa when Shogun landed that punch!Made the night for me!
Shogun definately is back.Now Machida just needs to toy rashad around and this year is made!

But the liddel nuthugging from rogan and co during the fight...omg.
Liddel this, liddel that ..oh my liddel on the floor.

"What happened?"
Shogun, mate.I guess he surprised you.

LakieMan
4/19/09 1:23:30PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

this was my worst event in about a year
sad thing was the three bouts i changed today i would have won all three if i didn't change my picks

I believe 94 was the worst.
burialchamber
4/19/09 2:32:35PM
Cards that are hard to pick are more fun though.

Nice bonuses. Krzysztof's kimura was beautiful.
xdanish020
4/19/09 8:04:06PM
I personally thought Cane/Cantwell was a better fight than Wiman/Stout..
mentalcase
4/20/09 12:12:36AM
i think silva vs leites should get fight of the night
whardin19
4/20/09 9:16:11AM
I don't know why so many people are saying that this was the worst card ever or even bad. Yeah, I know the main event was total crap and the worst fight I have ever watched. But, those other fights we saw on this card were really good. You can't ask for much more than the Cantwell/Cane and Wiman/Stout fight. They were very entertaining. Also Kongos TKO of Hardonk was good. Not nearly close to being the worst event I've ever seen.