UFC 87 bonuses: St. Pierre, Fitch, Maia and Emerson earn $60,000 each

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 87 bonuses: St. Pierre, Fitch, Maia and Emerson earn $60,000 each
SmileR
8/10/08 12:04:20PM
Georges St. Pierre, Jon Fitch, Demian Maia and Rob Emerson each won $60,000 "fight night" bonuses stemming from Saturday's UFC 87 event at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minn.

The bonuses were announced in a post-event press conference and confirmed by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) soon after the pay-per-view event.

Although the majority of the night's fights ended via decision, only one -- the night's main event -- earned bonus honors.

St. Pierre, who made his first successful title defense with a shutout unanimous-decision victory over Fitch, split "Fight of the Night" honors with the former top contender. The five-round fight was clearly dominated by St. Pierre, though Fitch's resiliency kept him in the game. For their efforts, each headliner earned a $60,000 bonus check in addition to their base salaries.

Ground wizard Demian Maia, who took another step toward title contention with his third consecutive UFC victory, earned a Submission of the Night award with his win over gatekeeper Jason MacDonald. Although his opponent fended off a multiple attempts, Maia eventually secured a rear-naked choke and forced MacDonald to tap out at 2:44 of the third round.

Link
Porch28
8/10/08 12:23:24PM
The Heavyweight division was put on notice last night. WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!. He needs some more experience but Brock is an animal. I wish he could fight Kimbo. I would love to see him smash up Kongo next. Brock fought Triple H last night. Heath Hamburger Herring......
TimW001
8/10/08 2:14:54PM

Posted by Porch28

The Heavyweight division was put on notice last night. WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!. He needs some more experience but Brock is an animal. I wish he could fight Kimbo. I would love to see him smash up Kongo next. Brock fought Triple H last night. Heath Hamburger Herring......

Brock who?
nickcuc547
8/10/08 3:05:10PM
I think maia and macdonald got robbed for fight of the night. i know maia got sub of the night and gsp looked incredible, but maia vs. macdonald was a better fight.
TimW001
8/10/08 3:29:11PM

Posted by nickcuc547

I think maia and macdonald got robbed for fight of the night. i know maia got sub of the night and gsp looked incredible, but maia vs. macdonald was a better fight.

xposipx
8/10/08 5:30:27PM

Posted by TimW001

Posted by nickcuc547

candynuts
8/10/08 6:12:48PM

Posted by xposipx

Posted by TimW001

Posted by nickcuc547

BlueSkiesBurn
8/10/08 7:28:52PM

Posted by candynuts

Posted by xposipx

Posted by TimW001

Posted by nickcuc547

It was a great fight back and forth submission attempts. GSP/Fitch was pretty one sided.
Svartorm
8/11/08 1:00:16AM
Do they ever give sub or KO of the night to the person that got FOTN? I can't remember seeing it happen, and I think they do it that way to spread the money around a bit.
Arlovski_Tko
8/11/08 2:19:21PM
That Macdonald/Maia first round was crazy. One of the better rounds I've seen in awhile.
misses1112
8/11/08 10:09:25PM

Posted by Svartorm

Do they ever give sub or KO of the night to the person that got FOTN? I can't remember seeing it happen, and I think they do it that way to spread the money around a bit.

u can get a combo of FOTN &/OR KOTN if Blaf approves
jocka
8/11/08 10:10:58PM

Posted by Svartorm

I don't think they do which i totally agree with better give money to more fighters
MMA_Alex
8/12/08 12:51:04PM

Posted by Svartorm

Didn't Anderson Silva get sub and FotN with Hendo? If not, I could of sworn I saw someone get both recently.