UFC 92 bonuses and awards for ‘The Ultimate 2008’ PPV fights

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 92 bonuses and awards for ‘The Ultimate 2008’ PPV fights
nickcuc547
12/28/08 1:33:18PM
Knockout of the Night — Quinton “Rampage” Jackson

Submission of the Night – N/A

Fight of the Night — Rashad Evans vs. Forrest Griffinhttp://mmamania.com/2008/12/28/ufc-92-bonuses-and-awards-for-%e2%80%98the-ultimate-2008%e2%80%99-ppv-fights/
bustin_mma
12/28/08 2:53:29PM
Since there was no Submission wins on the card, they should have gave out another TKO of the night
JimiMak
12/28/08 3:27:12PM

Posted by bustin_mma

Since there was no Submission wins on the card, they should have gave out another TKO of the night

2nd best ko of the night, lol

no submissions = no sub bonus
Jackelope
12/28/08 4:08:06PM
Wow, who would have thought that with the likes of Lister, Mir, Noguiera and Chonan on the card there would be no submissions!!
Wolfenstein
12/28/08 4:14:18PM

Posted by Jackelope

Wow, who would have thought that with the likes of Lister, Mir, Noguiera and Chonan on the card there would be no submissions!!

Yes but looking at the matchups you could tell there were going to be no easy submissions last night (at least I certainly didn't pick any). TKO's and decisions seem to be the norm lately moreso than the submission, at least for the time being.

It's unfortunate because if I could choose the perfect ending to a fight, it would be via submission. KO's are awesome, but there's just something about making someone tap and give up that does it for me.
MikeyG
12/28/08 4:18:01PM
i dont know why chonan decides to stand and bang these days, he has great jiu jitsu and blackburn has shown weakness against JJ players, he should have used strategy like the anderson fight

to no submission of the night
bls1919
12/28/08 6:10:41PM
Page got the best KO IMO. And if only Mescnsio (sp) could have finished CB in theat guillitine my parlay would have hit. I bet Wandys chin is hurtin I say Rampage avenged both previous losses. The punches on the ground were ........a bit brutal, but the ref hadn't made it into stop it. The last one was a jawbreaker.
Jackelope
12/28/08 6:13:57PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Posted by Jackelope

Yes but looking at the matchups you could tell there were going to be no easy submissions last night (at least I certainly didn't pick any). TKO's and decisions seem to be the norm lately moreso than the submission, at least for the time being.

It's unfortunate because if I could choose the perfect ending to a fight, it would be via submission. KO's are awesome, but there's just something about making someone tap and give up that does it for me.

Yeah, I don't believe I picked a sub from anyone either. Still, on paper the names alone would suggest a submission
grappler0000
12/28/08 7:14:33PM

Posted by Jackelope

The only sub I had picked was Massenzio over CB...I was let down obviously.

Ironically, Chonan's sub over Anderson is his only true sub in his career.

SpiderSilva
12/28/08 7:41:06PM
they could have gave the almost tapped to CB or the got hit in the face so hard it looked like he tapped to Forrest