UFC 98 Bonuses, Attendance, Live Gate

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 98 Bonuses, Attendance, Live Gate
DCRage
5/24/09 8:56:26AM
UFC announced the bonuses of the night last night after UFC 98, with $60,000 going to each winner. They also claimed over 12,000 paid for the event for a $3.4 million gate.

Article
nickcuc547
5/24/09 9:55:02AM
hughes vs. serra fight of the night, ouch, i guess this card wasn't too impressive
whardin19
5/24/09 10:16:41AM
I think Sozsysnski vs. Gusmao should have gotten Fight of the night. That fight was down right nasty! Althought Hughes Serra was a good fight. Overall the card was kind of weak. Next card should be much better.
jiujitsufreak74
5/24/09 10:53:54AM

Posted by whardin19

I think Sozsysnski vs. Gusmao should have gotten Fight of the night. That fight was down right nasty! Althought Hughes Serra was a good fight. Overall the card was kind of weak. Next card should be much better.

while i agree that Hughes vs Serra wasn't the most exciting fight, i can't say that i would give it to Kryzstoff and Andre. that fight only lasted the first round, and it wasn't even that much better than Hughes vs Serra. it would just seem out of place for them to award FOTN to a fight that didn't even last more than 4 minutes and wasn't exciting enough to warrant a thought of an exception.
wrona666
5/24/09 11:32:59AM
Sherk VS Edgar was a much more entertaining fight in my opinion
innovater450
5/24/09 11:53:33AM
sherk v. edgar should have had FOTN......way better than hughes serra.....That fight definately didn't live up to the hype and all the trash talk.
chickmagnet
5/24/09 1:28:51PM
Wait who got KO of the night???

WAR LYOTO
DaMaGeInC
5/24/09 1:42:08PM
Lyoto Machida was on point last night perhaps ko of the year. i enjoyed every sec. of it, i wish i could boil it and drink the broth
Khaos
5/24/09 1:42:13PM
I still thik Hauge should have gotten SOTN, I mean the armtriangle choke was impressive, but Hauge was hurt and came back to win with a pretty nice Guillotine Choke. Though I didn't think it was, I called Hughes-Serra as FOTN, and Lyoto definately deserved KOTN.
Naturaldisaster
5/24/09 7:01:20PM
how did hughes and serra get fight of the night!? hughes did nothin but lay on serra and won a BS decision.
warglory
5/24/09 9:25:38PM
I think Lyoto and Evans should have gotten fight of the night also in my opinion. It was a good chess match! Just because it was fairly one sided, I thought Evans came in with a decent gameplan.
Pookie
5/24/09 10:43:13PM
Lyoto made that a fight of the year candidate in my opinion. It was like an "OH ****" moment that lasted a good minute and a half. and it had a highlight finish to cap the night off.

MMAcca
5/24/09 11:00:26PM

Posted by warglory

I think Lyoto and Evans should have gotten fight of the night also in my opinion. It was a good chess match! Just because it was fairly one sided, I thought Evans came in with a decent gameplan.

I agree. A much more exciting fight than Sherk/Edgar & Hughes/Serra imo.
TimW001
5/25/09 10:40:03AM
Anyone know fighter pay yet?