UFC 93 Bonuses

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 93 Bonuses
ToeZup
1/18/09 9:58:26AM
Here are the UFC 93 bonuses. The UFC gave out 2 Fight of the Night bonuses.

Fight of the Night 1
Marcus Davis $40,000
Chris Lytle $40,000

Fight of the Night 2
Mauricio Rua $40,000
Mark Coleman $40,000

Submission of the Night
Alan Belcher $40,000

KO/TKO of the Night
Dennis Siver $40,000

UFC 93 Fight Night Bonuses

The Ultimate Fighting Championship elected to present double “Fight of the Night” awards in response to two closely-contested bouts that were featured during the promotion’s UFC 93 pay-per-view telecast from Dublin, Ireland on Saturday night.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com learned of the development from a source present during the UFC’s post-fight press conference.

In recognition in one of the best standup fights in recent UFC memory, both Marcus Davis and Chris Lytle received $40,000 for their explosive performances during the show’s televised opener. Both Davis and Lytle have backgrounds as professional boxers and vowed publicly to put on a strong striking display. The outcome of the fight saw Davis record his eighth career victory inside the Octagon following a split decision victory.

Mark Coleman and Mauricio “Shogun” Rua were scheduled as the show’s co-main event in response to a previous encounter that took place at PRIDE 31 nearly three years ago. In their first meeting, Coleman was declared the winner via TKO after Rua landed awkwardly on a takedown and suffered a dislocated elbow.

Rua was able to avenge the loss by recording a stunning third round TKO with just 24 seconds remaining in the fight. The native Brazilian had to fend off several scares during the contest, as a tired but game Coleman grounded him multiple times during the fight and proceeded to land big shots to Rua’s head.

Coleman and Rua both received $40,000 bonuses in addition to their guaranteed pay for their effort.

The other two recipients of “Fight Night” bonuses from the show were Alan Belcher and Dennis Siver.

Belcher received a $40,000 bonus for “Submission of the Night” in response to his slick second round guillotine choke against newcomer Denis Kang. Meanwhile, Siver earned an additional $40,000 on top of his regularly scheduled pay in recognition of his third round TKO over Nate Mohr that included a spinning back kick followed by punches.

nickcuc547
1/18/09 12:14:20PM
i am still appalled about shogun coleman getting the bonus, fight sucked, really badly, both guys were so sloppy and both gassed out way to quickly.
higdon10
1/18/09 12:15:56PM
Shogun/Coleman does not deserve a 40K bonus. Not a chance in hell.
Franklinfan47
1/18/09 12:39:58PM
I thought Shogun and Coleman should have felt embarassed for their performance, I don't see why they would get a bonus unless Dana's trying to coddle his HOFers or something. Was he watching another fight? Both were throwing some of the slowest punches I've ever seen.
grappler0000
1/18/09 12:50:47PM

Posted by higdon10

Shogun/Coleman does not deserve a 40K bonus. Not a chance in hell.

The only thing that I can think of is that it was a subtle way of saying, "go buy a treadmill."