Bones VS Hendo next up

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bones VS Hendo next up
infestructure
4/22/12 1:25:11AM
Dana White - "We've told Dan Henderson he's fighting the winner of this fight"
Is this going to be a repeat of Jones/Evans?
Shawn91111
4/22/12 1:49:16AM
Hendo has the best punchers chance in the division
Twenty20Dollars
4/22/12 1:50:52AM
I'm sure Hendo will try to finish it more than Rashad.
tcunningham
4/22/12 1:52:16AM
there is always the "H" bomb. i think it will probably end up much like the jones/rampage fight though. i hate saying that because hendo is probably my favorite fighter, but i gotta call it like i see it.
FastKnockout
4/22/12 1:52:48AM
Forget Hendo. Let's jump straight to Silva.
Budgellism
4/22/12 2:04:38AM
I'd get excited for a Jones vs. Hendo fight. Plus a win over Hendo will really add to Jones' legacy. He's probably all for it.

I think Jones gets the submission win in the later rounds. Maybe the 4th.
Chael_Sonnen
4/22/12 2:13:43AM

Posted by FastKnockout

Forget Hendo. Let's jump straight to Silva.

Woohhh big fella, back up the bus....Andy is still running from Chael in the jungles of Brazil.....he doesn't have the lung capacity to run from Dangerous Dan & Jones as well, that means he would have to retire
Twenty20Dollars
4/22/12 2:19:11AM

Posted by Budgellism

I'd get excited for a Jones vs. Hendo fight. Plus a win over Hendo will really add to Jones' legacy. He's probably all for it.

I think Jones gets the submission win in the later rounds. Maybe the 4th.

Or he'll just work on his stand up again
loonytnt
4/22/12 2:42:03AM
Idk why i just wanna see jones lose...and i think a lot of ppl feel the same from all the boo's tonight. But Jones is a beast.
ncordless
4/22/12 2:57:04AM
If Hendo had landed that overhand right that Shad did, he could finish Jones. The problem is I don't see him being in any kind of position to land it in this fight.
george112
4/22/12 3:03:12AM

Posted by ncordless

If Hendo had landed that overhand right that Shad did, he could finish Jones. The problem is I don't see him being in any kind of position to land it in this fight.

Gotta agree

Hendos age will defintely come into play imo
aussiemma
4/22/12 3:12:24AM

Posted by ncordless

i dont think so, rashad is much faster then hendo and rashad has shown he has alot of power, no way of proving who has more power both guys have one punch ko'd guys.
aussiemma
4/22/12 3:16:17AM
hendo is going to have alot more trouble than rashad. he is slower, older, his striking is predictable and it is proven he only throws power shots that jones will see coming a mile away.
as someone else said it is probably going to be simliar to the rampage fight but i think it will end sooner
Manak
4/22/12 3:58:52AM
one thing you can always count on is dan will come to fight. he will go after jones n either get finished doing or finish him. when have you ever seen a fight in which hendo was out of it.. outside of anderson this is the only match worth seeing unless jones moves to HW
ncordless
4/22/12 4:09:21AM

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by ncordless

i dont think so, rashad is much faster then hendo and rashad has shown he has alot of power, no way of proving who has more power both guys have one punch ko'd guys.

I disagree. Evans throws good power, but people make a whole lot of the way he finished Chuck and Forrest. Hendo's overhand right and left hook have both consistently been KO punches, and he does pussyfoot around with trying to throw anything else besides them.

I think it is an easier fight for Jones than Rashad. He should dominate. But there is a little more chance of a KO. My guess is we don't see anyone challenge Jones until someone comes along who can outstrike him and avoid the takedown.

Jones sub 2 via the godly bows of doom opening up the ole' mercy choke.

If Hendo were to win this he would in my opinion have had the most impressive career of any fighter in mma history. He has become such a better fighter than back when he was Decision Dan Hollywood Henderson. He is a lock for the Hall of Fame regardless.

lohmann
4/22/12 5:20:18AM

Posted by ncordless

If Hendo were to win this he would in my opinion have had the most impressive career of any fighter in mma history. He has become such a better fighter than back when he was Decision Dan Hollywood Henderson. He is a lock for the Hall of Fame regardless.

Henderson probably has the greatest career of any fighter that has never won a UFC title, with the debatable exception of Fedor Emelianenko.

This fight will have a Hollywood finish: the young lion makes short work of the grizzled legend (especially if he stops him via punches) or the old man shuts down the young boy. For me, I can not see Henderson mixing up his game enough or being fast enough to get inside and throw that missile without Jones just exploiting his mediocre takedown defense with a trip or something. Maybe a quicker Quinton Jackson repeat.
Adrenaline
4/22/12 5:26:32AM

Posted by aussiemma

his striking is predictable and it is proven he only throws power shots that jones will see coming a mile away.

Although very true, and I don't disagree at all, don't you think that every one of his opponents knows what was coming? It's no secret, Hendo throws the H-bomb hard and often yet it keeps landing on very good fighters. Knowing whats coming and defending it every time are two different things. And one is all it takes.

Extremely hard fight for Hendo, just because of the size difference alone. Dan's not a big LWH and Jones is freak that should be at HW.

Fingers crossed but we are one H-bomb away from declaring the GOAT

prozacnation1978
4/22/12 5:50:31AM
Looking forward to the fight. May be at end of the summer
aussiemma
4/22/12 6:59:14AM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by aussiemma

his striking is predictable and it is proven he only throws power shots that jones will see coming a mile away.

Although very true, and I don't disagree at all, don't you think that every one of his opponents knows what was coming? It's no secret, Hendo throws the H-bomb hard and often yet it keeps landing on very good fighters. Knowing whats coming and defending it every time are two different things. And one is all it takes.

Extremely hard fight for Hendo, just because of the size difference alone. Dan's not a big LWH and Jones is freak that should be at HW.

Fingers crossed but we are one H-bomb away from declaring the GOAT

the only good gameplan i can think for hendo to win is to rush him straight away hard, and he has to end it quick. he wont be able to take jones down, wont submit him the only way is a quick ko...that is the only way he can win. jones figures guys out really quick and finds his rhythm and range fast and once he gets set its gonna be near impossible to even land a decent shot let alone a ko.
prophecy033
4/22/12 7:21:51AM

Posted by infestructure

Is there a Link?
Pookie
4/22/12 7:37:06AM
I think Hendo showed against Shogun that he can slip/throw/land extremely quickly, even if it taxes his cardio later on in the fight. My opinion - If Rashad can land it, Hendo can land it as well. I think Hendo can land on him, and although he's not quicker by any means, his actual hand speed is most certainly faster.
sbulldavid
4/22/12 10:08:29AM
I think Shogun and Machida were his two most dangerous match-ups but he caught Shogun early and was just too strong for either of them. Henderson comes forward and will either look like Vitor against Anderson or he will be the next LHW champ, one thing I'm starting to notice is that Jones reacts every time he gets hit which is rare, that's a big flaw, so what happens when he gets hit hard or somebody puts him in trouble, I don't think we'll ever see him at Heavyweight unless he can't make weight just seeing his little reactions to getting hit.
mrsmiley
4/22/12 2:03:46PM

Posted by sbulldavid

I think Shogun and Machida were his two most dangerous match-ups but he caught Shogun early and was just too strong for either of them. Henderson comes forward and will either look like Vitor against Anderson or he will be the next LHW champ, one thing I'm starting to notice is that Jones reacts every time he gets hit which is rare, that's a big flaw, so what happens when he gets hit hard or somebody puts him in trouble, I don't think we'll ever see him at Heavyweight unless he can't make weight just seeing his little reactions to getting hit.

I agree with Jones reaction every time someone lands. As if to say "Oh god I just got hit!" Not taking anything away from Jones. He is the man without a doubt. If it wasn't for that amazing reach it would be a lot harder to get out of those situations.

I say he takes Hendo. round 3 or 4.
TeamDEY
4/22/12 2:38:49PM
If Jones goes through Hendo like everyone else, what the hell can he do next? What will he be able to do? He cleared out the division within a year.
mattjonesy
4/22/12 6:54:09PM
I think its an intresting match up because Hendo wont hesitate to try and walk through Jons punches to find that chin! I think Hendo will be scrambling back to his feet a lot mind.
bjj1605
4/23/12 12:29:19AM

Posted by sbulldavid

Henderson comes forward and will either look like Vitor against Anderson or he will be the next LHW champ,

So.......

what you're saying is he is either going to win or he is going to lose.
Shawn91111
4/23/12 12:50:43AM

Posted by sbulldavid

Except Hendo took one of those Anderson Silva front kicks to the face and walked through it, becuase his chin is made of adamantium.
infestructure
4/23/12 5:14:21AM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by infestructure

Is there a Link?

Oops. There you go -
LINK
Pookie
4/23/12 5:30:34AM

Posted by TeamDEY

If Jones goes through Hendo like everyone else, what the hell can he do next? What will he be able to do? He cleared out the division within a year.

Possible Rematch against Machida/Shogun - Fight with Gustaffson if he keeps up the momentum.

John Winklejohn said in an interview that Jon is putting on muscle every training camp, and the cut has consistently been about 5 pounds more each time. He said that he thinks Jones has about 4 matches at LHW before he's too big to make the cut. And that's right about how many matches it is before the UFC is entirely out of options.