BOETSCH LOOKING TO ESTABLISH HIS PLACE IN UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » BOETSCH LOOKING TO ESTABLISH HIS PLACE IN UFC
MMAcca
9/2/08 2:08:31PM
Tim Boetsch's debut in the Ultimate Fighting Championship was not your typical debut for a newcomer. It's very common to see a fighter clam up, or overextend themselves early or even get knocked out in their first fight on the big stage, especially when called on short notice. However, Tim Boetsch is not your common fighter.

Boetsch showed some excellent striking skills and power against David Heath. He also had a notorious rag-doll-like throw on Heath that made mixed martial arts fans stand up and cheer. So after his impressive debut, it was natural that his newly acquired fans expected big things from him.

His next fight against Matt Hamill was also taken on short notice, however it did not go as planned for the Pennsylvania native. Hamill had controlled Boetsch and ended up finishing him in the second round. Boetsch was noticeably gassed in the fight and part of that may have been due to not training in high altitude. “Going up to Colorado really zapped me faster than I've ever been before,” commented Boetsch in a recent interview with MMAWeekly Radio. “Not being able to recover like I usually can at lower altitude. That's the worst thing in the world is losing and that motivates me even more to get back in there and perform and show people what I'm actually capable of doing.”

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
9/2/08 3:54:59PM
really hope boetsch wins this fight because i will be pissed about not picking the other guy to win and betting on him. Because im tempted to do that but im putting some faith in tim to pull out the win.