Bodyweight for Upper Body

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Bodyweight for Upper Body
CaseyKrajenka
5/11/07 2:46:17PM
I need a good bodyweight routine to build upper body strenght....

ANY ADVICE?
fedorwins1
5/11/07 4:14:35PM
bench, pullups, pushups, overhead press, powercleans, clean and jerk to name a few.
bayonetxwork
5/11/07 5:27:57PM

Posted by fedorwins1

bench, pullups, pushups, overhead press, powercleans, clean and jerk to name a few.

how do you bench, overhead, and clean your bodyweight?
Svartorm
5/11/07 9:03:21PM
By levitating.

Now, are you doing bodyweight exercises because you don't have weight sets/gym membership, etc, or just because you prefer them?

Regardless, pull-ups, varioius kinds of push-ups and sit-ups, and dips are your best bets. If you've got the equipment or space to do it, doing rope climbing with just your upper body is extremely helpful if you can pull it off. Feel free to use your legs at first, but try to do the majority of the climbing with your upper body.
fedorwins1
5/11/07 9:54:18PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by fedorwins1

Sorry I misread the thread title, but if you can't bench or overhead press your body weight you need to lift more Plus I'm only 147 lbs and I do sets of 5 and use 175 for bench overhead press and powerclean I usually do my bodyweight.
bayonetxwork
5/12/07 2:45:21PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by fedorwins1

Sorry I misread the thread title, but if you can't bench or overhead press your body weight you need to lift more Plus I'm only 147 lbs and I do sets of 5 and use 175 for bench overhead press and powerclean I usually do my bodyweight.

Haha, I was just joking, I normally bench around 1.5 my bodyweight.