Bodybuilding.com and Jeremy DeLuca Plead Guilty to selling supplements spiked with Steroids

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Bodybuilding.com and Jeremy DeLuca Plead Guilty to selling supplements spiked with Steroids
grappler0000
6/9/12 10:00:54PM
I can't believe I hadn't heard about this, as it's a couple of weeks old. It doesn't seem to be getting much attention from the media for some reason, when they are usually all over steroid scandals. So, does this open up pandora's box for pro athletes who'd been popped?

The plea agreements state that between March 2006 and September 2009, Bodybuilding.com, LLC, sold five products misbranded as dietary supplements, when they were actually drugs. The five products were I Force Methadrol, Nutra Costal D-Stianozol, I Force Dymethazine, Rage RV5, and Genetic Edge Technologies (GET) SUS500.

According to the plea agreements, the products were drugs because they contained synthetic anabolic steroids or synthetic chemical “clones” of anabolic steroids that were not dietary supplements, and because they were labeled and promoted as products intended to affect the structure and function of the human body, building muscle mass.

Full Article

More recent article on the matter
jae_1833
6/9/12 11:42:58PM
I swear to God if any recently popped fighter uses this as an excuse I will freak the hell out!