BodogFight matches not appearing on Sherdog records?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » BodogFight matches not appearing on Sherdog records?
AchillesHeel
2/14/07 10:56:50AM
I noticed that fighter records on Sherdog don't reflect the matches aired on last night's BodogFight: St. Petersburg. Yves Edwards, for example.

I know that the matches in The Ultimate Fighter were not considered sanctioned pro fights. I think this was because the results were not reported to the sanctioning bodies until the episode aired.

Is BodogFight knowingly rendering their events "unofficial" in some way? Or is Sherdog compromising the integrity of their records by not including BodogFight results?

p.s. I notice that Sherdog has the record of the BodogFight pay-per-view events, but not these preliminaries.
JoeMimic
2/14/07 11:21:16AM

Posted by AchillesHeel

I noticed that fighter records on Sherdog don't reflect the matches aired on last night's BodogFight: St. Petersburg. Yves Edwards, for example.

I know that the matches in The Ultimate Fighter were not considered sanctioned pro fights. I think this was because the results were not reported to the sanctioning bodies until the episode aired.

Is BodogFight knowingly rendering their events "unofficial" in some way? Or is Sherdog compromising the integrity of their records by not including BodogFight results?

p.s. I notice that Sherdog has the record of the BodogFight pay-per-view events, but not these preliminaries.

I was wondering if they were going to count or not as well and at this point it looks like they aren't.
ffforgottenx
2/14/07 11:35:30AM
well i looked into this, and i think they count, but the results don't show up right away.. if you look at some of the competitors from last season (like nick thomopson, chael sonnen, trevor prangley to name a few), they have it on their record as 'bodog fight - bodog fight' for the event.. so perhaps the results just aren't added right away

madmarck
2/14/07 12:38:59PM
What channel does this come on? I have heard it isnt as great as Tuf. But it doesnt seem bad.
shawneth
2/17/07 6:36:36PM
Im sure there just alittle bit behind because Yves Edwards is very much up to date now. The reason why the TUF bouts weren't considered official bouts was because they would need to be posted up immideatly. Since this would potentially spoil the show, they decided to keep them as exibition fights.
ryderstrong69
3/24/07 9:36:05AM
eves fight is posted
migo
3/24/07 5:42:17PM

Posted by madmarck

What channel does this come on? I have heard it isnt as great as Tuf. But it doesnt seem bad.

It's online. bodogfight.com
Rush
3/30/07 9:41:37PM
I never really looked into Bodog. I only heard of it here and there.

What's its legitimacy? Is it considered just another smaller org. or is it another wannabe?
AchillesHeel
3/31/07 11:05:32AM

Posted by Rush

I never really looked into Bodog. I only heard of it here and there.

What's its legitimacy? Is it considered just another smaller org. or is it another wannabe?

Here's the fight card for the upcoming "Clash of Nations" pay-per-view:

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Matt Lindland
Aleks Emelianenko vs. Eric Pele
Eddie Alvarez vs. Nick Thompson
Roman Zentsov vs. Bobby Southworth
Andrei Semenov vs. Jorge Santiago
Amanda Buckner vs. Hitomi Akano

They've also joined the recent "alliance" of K-1, Cage Rage, and others. Whether they go the way of the WFA in the end, I have no idea.