Bocek is a Warrior!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Bocek is a Warrior!!!
ufc88
4/20/08 11:50:29PM
i gained soooo much respect for mark bocek after his fight with danzig. Danzig's a vet in this sport compared to Bocek and Bocek gave him a run for his money up until that brutal knee. Bocek has a very tight ground game and was tapped out because he was completely exausted and beaten down. I really hope the UFC keeps him around for a while hes got a ton of heart and I truely believe he can take out some tough 155ers. Speaking of being thrown to the wolves. In three fights with the UFC two of his opponents were Frankie Edgar and Mac Danzig.

WAR BOCEK

I would like to see Bocek vs Cole Miller
ohiostate1016
4/21/08 9:04:41AM
This is exactly what I've been trying to say. First of all, Bocek definitely gained my respect with that win over Doug Evans, who was a fighter I thought highly of after his performance against Roger Huerta. Then Bocek goes out and outwrestles Danzig, but he lost because of a few very nice knees from Mac that took a lot out of him.

Let's face it, Danzig lost the ground game. Bocek was able to take him down and do a little work that would have gotten him the win, but Danzig kept getting back up and bombing the Canadian with knees. A couple of those should have put him on the mat.

I know that Bocek vs. Cole Miller would be awesome, but how about Bocek vs. Clay Guida? That would be fight of the year. Neither of these guys would give an inch. They would both be flying around on the mat and standing up, and it would bring the roof off of whichever arena they were in.

So if Dana White is listening...PLEASE MR. WHITE. THIS IS THE ONE FIGHT THAT I WANT TO SEE. I'LL PAY DOUBLE FOR ANY CARD THAT THIS FIGHT IS ON!
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/21/08 9:13:12AM
i knew bocek would give danzig a good fight
fullerene
4/21/08 10:15:14AM
The UFC is pretty good about brining back guys who put on good fights, even if they lose a couple. I expect Bocek to have a spot in future events. He does have a solid ground game, but I was also impressed by the way Danzig actively tried to sweep and work subs from his back rather than just clamp on and wait for a standup.
Silent-Sir
4/21/08 10:23:38AM
Man that was a great fight! The UFC would be stupid not to keep him around after that performance. Sure he lost, but he never stopped moving forward. He showed everyone just how big his heart is.