Bobby Lashley signs multi-year contract with Strikeforce MMA

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bobby Lashley signs multi-year contract with Strikeforce MMA
jae_1833
12/11/09 2:08:12AM
mmamania

Former WWE star and collegiate wrestling champion Bobby Lashley (4-0) has signed a multi-year agreement with Strikeforce and will make his mixed martial arts debut for the San Jose-based promotion at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Florida on Saturday, Jan. 30, against an opponent to be named.

Terms of the contract were not immediately disclosed.
sbulldavid
12/11/09 10:28:06AM
Awesome, Lashley vs Rogers, Lashley vs Fedor, Lashley vs Werdum.
Dtime_NBT
12/11/09 2:31:22PM
Lashley Vs Fedor would be huge and a really interesting match-up IMO.

Im upset the UFC won't go after Lashley, yet they are using Kimbo as a poster boy lately.

Thumbs up to SF here.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
12/11/09 3:10:37PM
Strikeforce is forming a very nice roster
Gogoplatapus
12/11/09 3:48:39PM
A lot of excitement for a guy who has done nothing.

Fedor vs Lashley lol.
emfleek
12/11/09 3:51:19PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

A lot of excitement for a guy who has done nothing.

Fedor vs Lashley lol.

My thoughts exactly.

This just in...the UFC has just signed Jared from Subway. A match with Brock Lesnar is in the works!
cmill21
12/11/09 4:08:40PM
You guys are pretty rediculous. Everyone was all excited when the UFC signed a 1-0 Lesnar, but when strikeforce does it with a 4-0 fighter it's alot of nothing?
emfleek
12/11/09 4:09:38PM

Posted by cmill21

You guys are pretty rediculous. Everyone was all excited when the UFC signed a 1-0 Lesnar, but when strikeforce does it with a 4-0 fighter it's alot of nothing?

Who was excited? I wasn't.
telnights
12/11/09 4:10:31PM
Lashley hasn't looked near as good as most thought he would. He still has a lot of huge holes in his game right now. I'm shocked some want to see him fight Fedor because Lashley hasn't even fought anyone even close to a top 10 HW so whats makes them think he is ready for the best HW in the world.
Gogoplatapus
12/11/09 4:14:51PM

Posted by cmill21

I said the same thing then. Then I laughed when Mir tapped him.
telnights
12/11/09 4:19:30PM

Posted by cmill21

Almost everyone was very negative about the signing of Lesnar. Then after the fight with Mir even though he lost he looked very impressive. Lashley has had 4 fights now and got taken to a decision by Jason Guida. Now I will say he looked better in his last 2 fights but he performance against Guida was very disappointing.
emfleek
12/11/09 4:20:43PM

Posted by telnights

Almost everyone was very negative about the signing of Lesnar. Then after the fight with Mir even though he lost he looked very impressive. Lashley has had 4 fights now and got taken to a decision by Jason Guida. Now I will say he looked better in his last 2 fights but he performance against Guida was very disappointing.

Exactly. It wasn't until *AFTER* Lesnar fought Mir that people started swinging from his nuts.
ufc
12/12/09 12:04:55AM
look at lashleys game his wrestling is top notch his power is nuts and his speed is up there with brock ,cmon rogers and andre were whooping on fedor rogers lost due to wrestling and he was scared look what bobby did to sapp fedor is washed up in my opion thats why he ducked and dodged the ufc.he would get exposed like kimbo. fedor is top 10 maybe top 5 but brock will kill him carwin will murder him gonzaga will submit him and even kongo has a good chance so does the kid with the fastest ko in ufc history. just being real in the last 4 years fedor hasnt fought any one . he was smart to sign with strikeforce ps mir would submit him also
EliasG
12/12/09 1:02:37AM

Posted by ufc

look at lashleys game his wrestling is top notch his power is nuts and his speed is up there with brock ,cmon rogers and andre were whooping on fedor rogers lost due to wrestling and he was scared look what bobby did to sapp fedor is washed up in my opion thats why he ducked and dodged the ufc.he would get exposed like kimbo. fedor is top 10 maybe top 5 but brock will kill him carwin will murder him gonzaga will submit him and even kongo has a good chance so does the kid with the fastest ko in ufc history. just being real in the last 4 years fedor hasnt fought any one . he was smart to sign with strikeforce ps mir would submit him also

umm. Never mind.
mrsmiley
12/12/09 8:10:37AM

Posted by ufc

At first this post perplexed me.
I didn't know were to start.
Then I noticed your screen name and said; "Ah ha! That explains it!"

But at any rate, Lashley is a smart HW for Strikeforce to add to their evergrowing roster of fighters.
cmill21
12/12/09 2:39:54PM

Posted by ufc

Dana, I'm glad your here! You do know that sponsors are for the fighter not the UFC, so quit banning them and letting Dan go was a huge mistake. Also Fedor is the best fighter in MMA history and still currently is. Whew so glad I could finally say a few things directly to you!
Hendo67
12/12/09 2:57:04PM
Don't feed the troll!
telnights
12/12/09 3:14:43PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by ufc

Dana, I'm glad your here! You do know that sponsors are for the fighter not the UFC, so quit banning them and letting Dan go was a huge mistake. Also Fedor is the best fighter in MMA history and still currently is. Whew so glad I could finally say a few things directly to you!

You know I don't agree with Cmill21 hardly ever but that was .
karn501
12/19/09 2:40:05PM

Posted by ufc

wtf

sf seems to be coming along nicely though whether you think hes good or not theyre still getting some notable names