Bobby Lashley Set To Make MMA Debut December 13th

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bobby Lashley Set To Make MMA Debut December 13th
MMAcca
10/16/08 12:38:08AM
Waiting to make his MMA debut for quite some time now but with unforeseen circumstances standing in his way, Bobby Lashley is now set to make his Mixed Martial Arts debut.

“It’s looking like December 13th will be the date.” Lashley tells MMANews.com. “We have the contract in hand right now and we are just working out all the details but December 13th will be the date.”

Although Lashley could not go into detail about who the promotion is that he would be fighting with until the contract is officially signed, he did give a few details about the show.

“It will be in Miami, FL with one of the bigger MMA promotions there. Not one of the real big organizations like the UFC, EXC, or Strikeforce but it will be held at the American Airlines Arena so I can tell you that if it is being held at a venue like that it will be a big show.”

LINK
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/16/08 12:51:19AM
hope to hear more from this, i'm def interested in seeing how he fares
BlessMahMic
10/16/08 1:33:40AM
Hopefully he will do better then Brock in hsi debut
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/16/08 1:49:42AM

Posted by BlessMahMic

brock won his debut in 69 seconds
ufcboss
10/16/08 2:16:31AM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by BlessMahMic

Gotta love the casual fans!

Even though they said they wouldnt sign him (yet), If he does good, I want him in the UFC.
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/16/08 2:19:27AM

Posted by ufcboss

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by BlessMahMic

Gotta love the casual fans!

Even though they said they wouldnt sign him (yet), If he does good, I want him in the UFC.

me too, it was said in a thread earlier this week, but i like him starting small & not trying to fight top caliber fighters......itll give him time to progress as a fighter & possibly keep him from making "stupid" mistakes down the road against bigger fighters if he should make it that far
cowcatcher
10/16/08 8:27:12AM
the guys got a good wrestling pedigree, looks to be as strong as a horse, and was in the military so hopefully that helps him stay away from being timid in the cage/ring. he has the tools in place it would seem, and now that hes with a good camp he could end up being a guy that makes some noise in the sport. i hope he does well, and as strange as it sounds, i think it would be kind of cool to have former WWE guys square off in MMA, it wouldnt be hard to market and there would be some bragging rights on the line.
Naturaldisaster
10/16/08 2:52:52PM
Bobby is gonna be really good in mma. the guys a beast. and the big crowds wont bother him one bit.
Lethal
10/16/08 9:31:36PM
From the way things look, I think that the heavyweight division is going to look gigantic in a couple of years. Kind of like football back in the 60's compared to to football now.