Bob Sapp vs. Who????

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Bob Sapp vs. Who????
nickcuc547
1/2/09 11:12:25PM
Who the **** was that guy bob sapp was fighting? with a full body suit and lucha libre mask on, what the ****, is that some kind of joke.
jiujitsufreak74
1/2/09 11:17:06PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Who the **** was that guy bob sapp was fighting? with a full body suit and lucha libre mask on, what the ****, is that some kind of joke.

7 time Japan National Wrestling Champion Akihito Tanaka. it was a "freak show" fight, having Sapp face a decorated Japanese wrestler who was dressed as a character for the anime M.U.S.C.L.E. it was designed to entertain the crowd, it's very popular within Japanese culture to do these sort of things.
The_Ho_Bag
1/2/09 11:26:26PM
lmfao switowski , i cant take bob sapp serious anymore
Wolfenstein
1/3/09 12:01:19AM
He probably would have won the fight to if his mask hadn't shifted over his eyes, basically giving Sapp the oppurtunity to punch his lights out while he was blind.
coldchillin
1/3/09 1:39:05PM
Sapp vs. Kimbo... I want to see it even though I think Sapp would knock him out rather easily if Sapp took it seriously.
bls1919
1/4/09 9:43:55AM
I never got that aspect of the Japanese MMA shows. I think it's riiculous but whatever. Just like Sakuraba coming out riding a little kids bike with 4 other guys wearing wresting masks and a bit of a dance coming down the ramp?!?!?!? Entertain with a great fight. Not circus attractions
Rollins
1/4/09 11:41:16PM
I wanna see Bob Sapp and Butterbean fight, BB needs to lose about 100lbs to get what little sharpness and wind he had but if he did it would be lol's all night!
BrutalKnockOut
1/5/09 4:34:58PM
LoL, the guy reminded me of Masked Muscle from Super Punch Out.