Bob Arum says MMA is for skinheads and homos

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Bob Arum says MMA is for skinheads and homos
BDON911
9/11/09 2:35:58AM
No seriously... check it out

Bob Arum interview

mentalcase
9/11/09 3:03:47AM
god I'm getting sick of these idiots

they should understand boxing is within MMA is just one piece of the puzzle

comparing boxing to MMA

its like if there was a sport where all they do is kick field goals and that's it, compared to the complete sport of American football
BDON911
9/11/09 3:19:10AM

Posted by mentalcase

comparing boxing to MMA

its like if there was a sport where all they do is kick field goals and that's it, compared to the complete sport of American football

Yea...I mean, I don't really see anyone arguing that the NFL is better than Australian Rugby or vice versa. Who cares? They are separate sports. Watch one, watch the other, or watch both. No need to run your mouth about the sport just to make the other look good.
Khaos
9/11/09 3:28:06AM
This video just makes me angry.
Sinister
9/11/09 11:43:53AM

Posted by BDON911

Posted by mentalcase

comparing boxing to MMA

Yea...I mean, I don't really see anyone arguing that the NFL is better than Australian Rugby or vice versa. Who cares? They are separate sports. Watch one, watch the other, or watch both. No need to run your mouth about the sport just to make the other look good.

The people who care is people around the boxing industry cause they know their sport has become corrupt and is now going to fall apart in the next decade to a younger and better stablized sport.
They're bitter. It's simple as that.
rcg916
9/11/09 12:36:37PM
There is room for both. Period.

Only an idiot can't see this... (Cue the idiots: aka old time, set in their ways boxing promoters/fans)
telnights
9/11/09 1:42:46PM
Guys like this hate anything that is new and not from their time. He is intimidated by MMA and scared it is hurting boxing, but the truth is boxing is hurting boxing not MMA.
babalu46
9/11/09 2:47:58PM
Props to the interviewer for not saying what we all wanted to say to this racist bigot It's people like Bob Arum who refuse to accept that audiences don't have to be seperated i love both boxing and MMA.

P.S. I am a skinhead white boy so in Bob Arums definition i imagine you wouldn't see me at a boxing event despite the fact i have been to one
ncordless
9/11/09 3:00:03PM
Hey, what's wrong with being a homosexual skinhead?
cloud301336
9/11/09 6:32:32PM
KILL BOB ARUM
mrsmiley
9/11/09 6:40:54PM

Posted by telnights

Guys like this hate anything that is new and not from their time. He is intimidated by MMA and scared it is hurting boxing, but the truth is boxing is hurting boxing not MMA.

I gott agree whole heartedly.
When boxing fans make remarks like this,it reminds me of uncool parents who got down on their kids for listening to rock music,reading comic books,etc.

The argument that drunk hillbillies are the only MMA audience is so laughable at this point it's not even funny.
When you bring up this point to a person like him and mention the sports diversity,they normaly try to shift the argument in another direction and fail at those points as well.

I wish boxing and MMA fans could all just get along,but when you hear remarks like this it's hard to.
breakdown5
9/11/09 6:50:33PM
Stay classy, Bob. Stay classy....
The_Ho_Bag
9/11/09 7:17:24PM
im going to pretend the guy im fighting on the 26th is bob arum =) ty bob
Jackelope
9/11/09 7:21:36PM

Posted by ncordless

prozacnation1978
9/11/09 7:38:19PM
i am neither nor do i have tattoo's
so where do i stand??:

i don't like watching boxing, it is boring, only fights i watch is pac man
Rush
9/11/09 10:58:29PM
Who is Bob Arum and why should I even be concerned to care what he thinks?

higdon10
9/12/09 1:22:28AM
Rolling around like homosexuals on the ground
zephead
9/12/09 2:32:24PM

Posted by ncordless

As long as your not a alcoholic, it's all good. You just can't trust a drunk, shinheaded homo
ncordless
9/12/09 3:54:24PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by ncordless

As long as your not a alcoholic, it's all good. You just can't trust a drunk, shinheaded homo

You, sir, have never seen me at the gay-nazi bar.

BTW: If you are ever in Des Moines Iowa check out the "Backdoor Blitzkrieg" for a wild time.
jawbreaker517
9/14/09 1:50:56PM
Bob Arum seemed real desperate for a good response to a puzzling interviewer in that video. Nevertheless, Arum is an older head who is stubborn and won't even admit that they are good athletes. He just showed his ignorance, thats all.
xtra_chewy
9/14/09 2:41:28PM
"i'm Bob Arum, my brain hurts when I think." "My dimentia tells me boxing is better"
"MMA is for hot-hot sexy homo's" "I'm Bob Arum, blah blah blah"
MattHughesRules
9/14/09 3:40:27PM
Boxing promoters make me so angry. I am an MMA fan but I don't go around spouting off about how crappy boxing is all day. To me these guys are jealous and probably a little worried because MMA is taking a bigger piece of the pie each an every day,

Don't get me wrong....I love a good boxing fight. I think Paquiao vs. Mayweather will be just an amazing fight....when it happens. I am just getting sick of all the boxing "purests" ranting all the time. MMA is here to stay and it's getting stronger all time. Guys like Arum just need to deal with it.